Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 215486 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #150 on: January 04, 2013, 10:19:08 pm »

Why do anything to the priest before he is our follower? Once he is our follower, it should be easier to work on his body, and he should consider it a blessing rather than a curse.

Hmmm...Yes, let's spend mana on that first...

Grow the thornbushes and roses to create a hedge wall of thorns and flowers. Chaos will be used to infuse it with a rudimentary intelligence, and make it harder to circumvent; no patterns in the design, save being 8 feet tall, 2 feet thick, extremely hard and thorny, and covered with flowers. Use Fire and Life to make Blaze-Blossoms(or some other, better name); the flowers will get a parabolic shape, and become highly reflective; they can reflect the light of the sun to burn enemies. A single one does no more than warm you, but when there are seventy...They will not attack neutral or friendly forces to my name; indeed, they will only attack that which disturbs them, meaning anyone trying to get through the Wall from the outside.(Goddamn teenagers are sure to try and climb it at some point) As well, some of the flowers, at the top of the wall, will grow higher and thinner, creating a shape remniscent of a lightning rod; but these do not only absorb lightning, they use it's heat, and the heat of the sun/heat the plant produces as part of it's metabolism(still has leaves, after all), to create firebolts.

That's two of his three domains hopefully circumvented...can't really do anything about the crafting one.

If we have mana left, should we talk to the priest?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2013, 10:26:43 pm »

With 36 mana, it's unlikely you can do all that in one day - however, you probably have a few days before the attack, the villages are quite far apart.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 04, 2013, 10:50:23 pm »

In that case, should we/do we have enough to grow the giant wall of thorns first? Still roses, still the same, just grown thick and tall?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 04, 2013, 11:51:07 pm »

Most likely, with at least enough mana to spare to contact the priest.

Note that Eldrick might be able to help out with his boon ability to save you some mana in that endeavor.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 12:01:30 am by Corruptor »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2013, 05:13:47 pm »

I vote for Fire, as far as sphere goes. Mortals have a reason to worship us, and we can do some nice smiting too. As for name, since it's gonna win anyways, I chose... Donuts.

EDIT: AGAIN! Sorry, my browser only likes to show me the first page of forums. Disregard this post.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 05:19:43 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2013, 05:20:30 pm »

So...let's grow plants and talk to Priesty McHatesus? Guys?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2013, 05:39:05 pm »

lets do it.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 05, 2013, 07:07:55 pm »

Grow the thornbushes and roses to create a hedge wall of thorns and flowers. Chaos will be used to infuse it with a rudimentary intelligence, and make it harder to circumvent; no patterns in the design, save being 8 feet tall, 2 feet thick, extremely hard and thorny, and covered with flowers.

If we have mana left, should we talk to the priest?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"My Lord," you hear Azula's voice say. "We finished lacing the perimeter with rose seeds and bushes."

"Excellent," you murmur back. "I am pleased."

You extend your awareness to the entire village, focusing in on the new life surrounding it. Channeling mana into your Life attribute, you will the seeds and bushes to grow, flourish, and thrive, while reaching into your Chaos attribute to avoid patterns in the new growth, and to attempt to inspire a rudimentary intelligence in it.

A brilliant glow of green and dark-red envelops the edge of the village, and with a twisting, tearing, rustling sound the seeds and bushes erupt into a mass of thorns and vines, thick enough to stop a rampaging boar. However, they only grow to about five feet tall on average, not nearly as high as you were shooting for. On the bright side, the chaotic energy seems to have had more luck, and you sense an animal cunning in the vines - indeed, they seem to have fused into a single entity.

(1d20 : 12 + LifeSkill(1) + ChaosSkill(1) = 14. Chaos skill has increased!)

"Eldrick," you command, "Step up to the wall"

He hesitates for a moment, looking at the mass of writhing thorns nervously, but then walks up to within a yard of the wall. Abruptly, with a thousand sinuous movements, the thorny vines shifted to open an entrance in the wall for him.

"Excellent," you chuckle. You project your voice to all worshippers: "My children, the new defense around your homes will part like water before those who are aligned with me, they are a hinderence only to our enemies."

The spell took all but five of your mana - more than enough to attempt to reason with the priest again. "Noble priest," you murmur, spending the 1 mana required to make the connection. "What is your name? If you are willing, I desire to converse with you once more."

After a moment of silence, the priest replies, "My given name is Turon - I suppose I will hear you out, if this is the last time."

"Your village has been under siege for quite a while from a God of Death," you state, "Your people starved while praying to a God who would not, could not answer. Their prayers have finally been answered, by a God of Life no less - will you continue to abandon them, instead of doing what is best for the village? I am sure they could use your guidence, that you are a good man when not warped by loss and anger."

Turon lets out a long sigh, turning to watch the setting sun with eyes tinged with long fatigue, the dark circles of countless sleepless nights.
"Quentas - he's really gone, isn't he," he said quietly.

You regard him in silence, as the wind rustles through the trees.

Turon clenched a fist, and then slowly relaxed it. "I will not oppose you," he said through clenched teeth. "And I will assist in the defense of our village, as is my duty. But you do not have my faith. I require time, and more evidence that you are, in fact, as benevolent as you claim."
(1d20 : 7 + Charisma(1) = 8 )

"Very well."

Abruptly, you hear the voice of one of your worshippers - Ustan, the town merchant. "My Lord?" he calls politely.
"Ustan," you answer. "Are you well?"
"More than well," he answers with a grin. "I have an idea - that Fire-Nector could fetch quite the price at a nearby city, Ceres. I travel there on occasion, and could sell our current stock of the stuff, to split among the village." He smiled slyly. "Many would be interested in migrating to the only source of such a lucrative product. More worshippers for you, more wealth and power for your village - and word of your greatness spread to a major city."

You ponder his words, intrigued. However, his plan would require all the current supply of Fire-Nector, and his absence - one less defender of the village, and no fast healing salve. The potential gains though...hmm.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:11:18 pm by Corruptor »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2013, 07:11:08 pm »

Let's wait till after the skeleton army gets here. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 05, 2013, 07:11:28 pm »

+1

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2013, 07:18:44 pm »

+1

+2
Ustan said that word would spread to a major city, and we'd get more worshipers. I'm willing to bet that there will be gods who will not be pleased about this.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 05, 2013, 07:20:42 pm »

Hmmm...would he be able to go with all but one of the barrels?

If so, he should. If not, don't go.

Also, rest, considering we have 4 mana left. Tell our followers to drizzle oil and grease onto the metal pit. Not too much; just enough that they'd be able to start a fire if they chose...I have a wonderful idea. It is secret for now, though, but I'm not sure why I want to keep it one. Just fun for me I guess.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2013, 07:48:58 pm »

+1
+1 more.

The other gods would not be happy to hear that we are stealing their worshipers.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 05, 2013, 07:57:29 pm »

Yesssss, and after we rest, we corrupt the surrounding land with chaos! We'll make the land itself a living being, tiwsted to the will of us and our followers. And what invader can fight the land itself?
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 05, 2013, 08:10:12 pm »

Hmmm...would he be able to go with all but one of the barrels?

If so, he should. If not, don't go.

Also, rest, considering we have 4 mana left. Tell our followers to drizzle oil and grease onto the metal pit. Not too much; just enough that they'd be able to start a fire if they chose...I have a wonderful idea. It is secret for now, though, but I'm not sure why I want to keep it one. Just fun for me I guess.

"You would need to leave a barrel here," you say after a moment's consideration. "Such a healing asset is crucial to our defenses."

Ustan nods, wincing. "We've barely four barrels as it is, with one of those left behind it wouldn't be worth the trip." His grin returned swiftly. "Oh well, at the rate those fire-things are making the stuff, it'll probably be best to wait a few days to have a full cart in any case."

"Do any Gods yet lay claim to Ceres?" you inquire curiously.
Ustan let out a bark of laughter. "Are you kidding, they've got more than a dozen." He shrugged. "And they're all fighting for every worshipper there, down to the last begger." He grinned broadly. "A perfect atmosphere for a God of Chaos to manuever in, no?"

"Perhaps," you murmur with a chuckle.

You turn your attention to the pit of sharp-spiky-deathness, now bristling with jagged junk metal. "Now, put any spare oil and grease into the pit as well," you proclaim, and your worshippers begin doing so.

Time seems to fly as you watch the preparations unfold, villagers fashioning crude clubs and maces to deal with skeletons, sharp axes and swords to handle the zombies.

Azula practices hurling small gouts of fire at a wooden practice dummy, whilst Eldrick uses his boon to attempt to raise portions of the thorn wall even higher.

Morning comes, and you feel 31 mana flow into you. Additionally, the two villagers who were advocating giving in to Maher's demands have given their faith to you, reassured by your displays of prowess and cunning, giving a spike of mana that brings the total up to 40.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:17:33 pm by Corruptor »

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 130