Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 789439 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #4050 on: June 08, 2015, 11:50:32 pm »

THREE MORE DAYS OF SCHOOL AND THEN ALL THE FREE TIME IN THE WORLD

Free time is an illusion.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: June 09, 2015, 05:22:53 am »

[Robot Devil voice] ♫ Trapped forever here in update HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ♫

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: June 09, 2015, 08:56:08 am »

I'll work on it some after I finish making this bread, and the dough is done warming up now.

Flame, shaking herself out of her stupor, looked around at the newly risen dwarves. They were somewhat confused, but they knew gods were involved somehow and took it in stride. They'd seen stranger things at Murdermachines. Terry, who had been buried nearby, couldn't remember anything and said his name was Datan. Void spirits left their bodies and found their old favorite bodies. Also, they were all naked, which would have to be fixed.

The nudists streaked their way straight to the nearest finished goods stockpile where they put on cast off goblin clothes and the occasional dead migrant sock. Flame set about assigning anyone who had ever been in the military to a squad. In the meantime, hordes of undying and fearless civilians held off the voidspawn and demon hordes. AnimaRytak was restored to the position of militia commander. The forges made armor and weapons galore. As the smiths dipped the steel into the magma for heating, it emerged glowing blue like new adamantine, but with the weight of steel. They dubbed the new metal Armoksteel. Dwarves were assigned their weapon of choice. The military suited up for battle.

Flame dispatched the newly risen military to surface and the adamantine mines. None too soon - dwarves whose corpses burned in demon flames could not be resurrected, and dwarves turned to voidspawn could not be turned back after death. She herself went with the crossbowdwarves to the depths to shoot flame demons.

Soldiers led by Microblighted and Flame ran down to the depths. The demons had made it is far as the cavern outpost before meeting the dwarves. They were barely injured by the brave civilians, who had merely delayed them. The demons charged, expecting to make short work of the beards.

Bolts flew and struck true, exploding many of the more incorporeal demons before they had even reached the dwarves. The demon charge was stopped in its tracks by a wall of Armoksteel and dwarven muscle. Demon and dwarven limbs flew and blood and goo flowed across the stone. But the demons were being pushed back. Every dwarf that fell rose again seconds later and rejoined the battle. The demons were powerful and terrifying, but there were only so many against the infinite onslaught of the dwarves. The demons were dead and beaten.

At the same time, more soldiers led by Anima rushed to the surface, where the voidspawn were just barely being held back by civilians aided by Prosnorkulus and a few other soldiers. A patriarch dueled him, pushing Prosnorkulus and the soldiers back while leaving the civilians vulnerable to attack by the soldiers. Several dwarves had already been turned and fought their comrades, eyes empty.

The new rush crashed into the voidspawn horde, pushing it back. Anima's axe and hammer joined Prosnokulus' sword. Heads shattered, limbs flew, taint flowed like rivers. The patriarch lost first one arm, then a leg, crashing down against the wall. It lost another arm, then its head. The last of the voidspawn thralls died. The day seemed won.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:47:57 am by TheFlame52 »

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: June 11, 2015, 11:07:31 am »

x_x

Guys, my laptop completely borked.* :| I'm recovering the files to an external hard-drive atm, but yea... When that happens, I'll submit the mod code for the reapers. I'm not gonna bother with the other things. I'll use them some other time. Question though, are we still waiting for DF2015?

*Translation: The main partition of my harddrive's filesystem is inconsistent - ie it failed some checksums and the boot sector (of that partition) is probably totally fried. My laptop can still be used for some things and likely as not I can nuke the partition and reinstall everything, which is what I'm'a do after I'm satisfied that I have recovered the core things that I need to get back. I'll have to figure out how to get around the bad sectors. Just to answer everyone's question: I am broke and about to be in escrow for who knows what else... ( school, girlfriend, food, random unwarranted taxation, etc. ) I have to keep slapping on the band-aids until the laptop just gets fed up with me and flies away.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: June 11, 2015, 08:11:22 pm »

That's pretty much my situation, so I sympathize.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: June 25, 2015, 10:25:14 am »

But the victory was not to last. From the walls sounded an alarm - more voidspawn! An army the likes of which the world had never seen, their black carapaces glittering in the sun, patriarchs and overlords standing high above the trees. The army stretched back as far as the eye could see in all directions.

And leading the army was a colossal patriarch, hundreds of feet tall, with a carapace that absorbed all light and eyes that glowed like fire.

"FLAME," the patriarch boomed, "SEND OUT ANIMARYTAK TO FACE ME IN COMBAT, LEADER VERSUS LEADER. IF HE WINS, I WILL MAKE YOUR END SWIFT! IF HE REFUSES, I WILL CRUSH THIS FORTRESS TO DUST!

Flame, having arrived at the surface by now, shouted back. The patriarch did not hear because he was miles away. The army marched closer.

Dwarves readied their weapons for battle. The crossbowdwarves retreated - bolts were useless against a foe that could break both legs and keep walking. The first wave came, all thralls, who clogged what traps were left before dying against the dwarves' blades. The second wave came, a mix of soldiers and more thralls, which died too. More and more voidspawn came, in an endless flood, dying and dying. The dwarves were bogged down amid the corpses and knee-high blood. Dwarves died and rose, but some were turned before dying and did not rise again. The dwarves were slowly pushed back into the fort.

The dwarves had the advantage inside the fort - the voidspawn had to stop and unclog the tunnel of corpses every so often. During one such break, Anima spoke to the rest of the dwarves. He had to shout over the noise of the voidspawn screaming rage though the wall of voidspawn bodies and the carapace crunch of the voidspawn eating their own dead.

The dwarves were exhausted. They had been fighting for days with no rest, food or drink. Their bodies regenerated after each death, but not their morale. The dwarves were all in various stages of rot from the voidspawns’ poison. As they stood waiting, one dwarf finally gave into the rot and collapsed, dead. She quickly stood back up, revived and fully regenerated.

"IF THIS KEEPS UP, WE'LL BE OVERWHELMED. WE'VE BARELY MADE A DENT AND WE'VE BEEN FIGHTING FOR HOURS. THERE ISN'T ANYONE HERE WHO HASN'T DIED AT LEAST THREE TIMES, EVEN ME. SO LET'S TRY SOMETHING ELSE. LET'S OPEN UP AN OLD ENTRANCE AND TAKE A FEW DWARVES TO GO KILL THE HUGE GUY."

There was a general murmur of assent.

"OKAY, I'M GOING TO GO MYSELF OBVIOUSLY, I WANT NCOMMANDER, MICROBLIGHTED, THE MAD FOOL, PROSNORKULUS, AND SABER. WE'RE GOING TO GO OUT THE OLD BLOCKED-OFF DRAWBRIDGE ENTRANCE, THE CINNABAR AND RUTILE ONE. BALTHARAAZ, SANDIEGO, MR.STRANGE, GROMBARDRIM, SCALIPER, DERM, TRYRAR, YOU GUYS IN THE BACK, HOLD DOWN THE FORT WHILE WE GO. I'M GONNA SNAG A CIVILAN ON THE WAY THERE TO TAKE DOWN THE WALL. WE'LL TRY TO DO THIS SNEAKY UP UNTIL WE GET FOUND AND THEN WE MAKE A DEAD RUN FOR THE BIG GUY. LET'S GO!"

Anima and his crew filtered out of the crowd of militiadwarves and into the fortress proper. The first civilian he saw was none other than Baelor, carrying a pot of booze to the sober militia. Anima told him to drop it and come with him. With a miner, they could make their own exit. The group ascended to the soil layer and Baelor began digging. After a short while, the tunnel broke out behind the massive patriarch.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: June 25, 2015, 01:37:58 pm »

Anima pressed his now exposed back against a tree as he watched Microblighted’s corpse being carried away. The patriarch laughed at him. “YOUR ALLIES ARE DEAD, ANIMARYTAK. EVEN NOW, MY SOLDIERS ARE IN YOUR PRECIOUS FORTRESS, KILLING THE LAST OF YOUR FRIENDS. GIVE UP.”

Anima was furious. Not much could get into his black heart, but this did. How dare this creature taunt him! “I CHALLENGE YOU TO SINGLE COMBAT! GOD AGAINST GOD! TERRY!”

“AH, YOU GUESSED CORRECTLY, VOIDGOD. I HAVE FOILED YOU AND YOUR ILK AT EVERY TURN. YOU GREW ENRAGED AT ME. YOU DEFEATED ME AS I DEFEATED YOU. BUT YOU COULD NEVER BEAT ME.”

“VERY WELL THEN. I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE!” Terry shouted as he swung one of his massive axes down at Anima. Anima blocked it with his own axe, the collision sending out a shockwave that knocked branches from trees and kicked up a cloud of dust. The voidspawn moved back to make room for their general to maneuver.

The last dwarves backed slowly down the tunnel. Most were civilians that had picked up weapons from burned militia or wrestled them away from voidspawn. All hosted void spirits. More void spirts floated invisibly around the dwarves.

The demons had come up behind them, slaughtering the defenders. No one knew where Armok had gone. The fort was lost. The dwarves were just fighting to survive. Outside the tunnel, voidspawn and demons fought over who would wipe out the last of the dwarves.

The hallway dead-ended. There was no way out. Zasit heard the demon pounding on the door. There would be no more flight. It was time to fight. Zasit loaded her crossbow and aimed at the door.

The demon burst through the door and ran head-on into an Armoksteel crossbow bolt. It roared in pain and charged.

Zasit reloaded her crossbow and fired a second bolt. She fell into the old rhythm. Load. Aim. Fire. Load. Aim. Fire. Load, aim, fire, load, aim, fire, load-aim-fire-load-aim-fire-loadaimfireloadaimfireloadaimfireloadaimfire

The demon ran, then walked, then crawled, then slithered. Its roars became weaker and weaker under the hailstorm of bolts. Zasit did not think about why her quiver had not run out, or why she had any bolts at all – she had run out ages ago. Finally, the demon burbled its last breath. Zasit lay back against the wall, exhausted.

ONLY ONE PART LEFT AND IT'S ALREADY WRITTEN

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: June 29, 2015, 09:59:14 am »

x_x

Guys, my laptop completely borked.* :| I'm recovering the files to an external hard-drive atm, but yea... When that happens, I'll submit the mod code for the reapers. I'm not gonna bother with the other things. I'll use them some other time. Question though, are we still waiting for DF2015?

*Translation: The main partition of my harddrive's filesystem is inconsistent - ie it failed some checksums and the boot sector (of that partition) is probably totally fried. My laptop can still be used for some things and likely as not I can nuke the partition and reinstall everything, which is what I'm'a do after I'm satisfied that I have recovered the core things that I need to get back. I'll have to figure out how to get around the bad sectors. Just to answer everyone's question: I am broke and about to be in escrow for who knows what else... ( school, girlfriend, food, random unwarranted taxation, etc. ) I have to keep slapping on the band-aids until the laptop just gets fed up with me and flies away.
Nope. My laptop's harddrive is completely* gone. Wheeeee. All my mods are gone so at least those won't be holding us up anymore. Also, if anybody knew/cared, my vacation mostly went well. ( For everyone's info tho, I did successfully recover a lot of my things to an external hard-drive, but then that broke too. I may try again, but I'll be saving the mods for something of my own if they're even among what could be salvaged from my laptop. )

*I'm booting into a small Linux distro installed to a recovery partition. Main partition is dead.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: June 30, 2015, 06:21:26 am »

You tried your best

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: June 30, 2015, 10:16:13 pm »

You tried your best
I know... Thanks for understanding. :)

Blitzgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I get myself into these things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: September 03, 2015, 01:53:03 pm »

Wish to be dorfed, male swordsdwarf, must like microline
Microline for everyone!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: September 03, 2015, 01:58:29 pm »

Fort's over, man. I'm just waiting for the next version to post the final chapter and start the new fort.

Blitzgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I get myself into these things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: September 03, 2015, 03:56:10 pm »

Then in the next fort I shall be dorfed
Microline for everyone!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: September 03, 2015, 04:23:43 pm »

sure m8

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: October 31, 2016, 06:48:47 pm »

Been reading this masterpice, must say, I hope the sequel to this sequel is as good.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272