Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 796679 times)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #255 on: January 30, 2013, 10:30:42 am »

Let's do this up right.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dbxYuxhDx9Sbmi9yRbcw8w_YTD2AnPDkyhtaRn2-y2Q/edit

That's a publicly-accessible document which can contain a proppa dorflist and which you doods can add to and update as needed. If we can get this up to date, Anima, can you link to this from the OP?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlSo5hVNJbAqdGUxNmw5dEFqVG91Nm1Jb2xKRk02NVE

Take this one too. The dorflist would be so much easier to parse if it was on this spreadsheet, but it's late for me and I don't have the time to get it corrected right now.

I've updated the public spreadsheet with everyone from the list (up to the last copy posted by UristMcDwarfFortress).

Guys, please add yourselves if you're not on here. I don't think I got most of the requests from this page.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 30, 2013, 10:54:32 am »

I only worked through the first page
My post is on the first page and I'm not on the list... why does nobody remember about me ;_;
Sorry Sock, I'm putting you on and some others on kefkarazy's list. I did not know about this site, it's friggin awesome.

EDIT: Just realized I should have put you on the second list. *facepalm
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 11:05:14 am by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 30, 2013, 11:10:27 am »

HOLY SHIT, I just checked the save to see if I was still alive, and was looking around, did ANYBODY notice that I had a Genocide to my name?

Apparently my dwarf is also a misogynist.

Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 30, 2013, 11:14:22 am »

One thousand and fifty three female goblins? That's either bug or you were the worst back-alley abortionist EVER.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

voicesinthefan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 30, 2013, 11:20:25 am »

I dedicated 2 full days last week reading the complete deathgate I thread, and do not regret that decision.  So much epic and am looking forward to following this thread.

I'm adding a dorfing request to the googledoc spreadsheet.  I'm also going to add a "job name" column to make it a little easier to read.  I'd also recommend just using the spreadsheet kefka created instead of the document, just so we don't go needing to update two documents.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlSo5hVNJbAqdGUxNmw5dEFqVG91Nm1Jb2xKRk02NVE
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 11:33:16 am by voicesinthefan »

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 30, 2013, 12:04:39 pm »

Somehow Dappercat the Clothier has ended being a Great Weaponsmith Marksdwarf. :o
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 30, 2013, 12:33:51 pm »

Whatever makes it work. I figure this way dorf requests should be easier to keep up with than individual posts. Google Docs is probably the best collaborative tool even created; that document has a chat bar, for the love of Armok!

There's two because I didn't bother to actually compile the spreadsheet last night. I did it this morning and will probably delete the text list and the link to it later today.

[EDIT: Marked off several columns on the right side as an experimental project; let's see if we can keep succession history on these wee bastids! I for one would have loved to be able to access a simple list like this, for example, of the many deaths of Tryrar or Baelor from Deathgate. I added an entry for the only dorf death I've noted so far: my own. I suppose we have an insane dwarf who will join me soon.]
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:38:31 pm by kefkakrazy »
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 30, 2013, 04:40:02 pm »

HOLY SHIT, I just checked the save to see if I was still alive, and was looking around, did ANYBODY notice that I had a Genocide to my name?

Did some digging in legends, and it looks like you were a member of The Rampart of Tours when they attacked Hexhatchets, which had lots of goblins in it. So, you were in a position to kill goblins, but I don't know about 1,053. I'll keep looking.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #263 on: January 30, 2013, 04:51:04 pm »

SIgn me up for a turn and another dwarf.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 30, 2013, 06:09:29 pm »

It's a damn good thing Dwarf Fortress goblins are ugly, otherwise I might shed a tear for them all.

On a side note, that's god damn hilarious.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 30, 2013, 08:15:47 pm »

are we going to have a quotes page?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 30, 2013, 08:25:40 pm »

are we going to have a quotes page?

I take select quotes and add them to the original post.
They change over time.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 30, 2013, 10:58:10 pm »

Hey, whoever's over-seeing, Change my job title to Lady Killer please. Kefka managed to convince me.
Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 31, 2013, 06:04:47 am »

After having found and finally read DG II I'd again like to sign up for a spot in the overseer list. I promise not to kill Timmy (again) ;)
@AnimaRytak: you could've linked the new DG on the old thread in the last post... I have to admit: now I'm too lazy to go back there, necro the thread, add the link...
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 31, 2013, 09:52:35 am »

After having found and finally read DG II I'd again like to sign up for a spot in the overseer list. I promise not to kill Timmy (again) ;)
@AnimaRytak: you could've linked the new DG on the old thread in the last post... I have to admit: now I'm too lazy to go back there, necro the thread, add the link...

Tiny Tim... you bastard!

He was a legendary crutchwalker! Legendary!

(Dorfs don't still gain buckets of physical attributes from skill xp, do they? I'd have liked to have seen a dorf back in those days pick up superdorf strength and speed through crutchwalking experience...)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 272