Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 794729 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2655 on: March 23, 2014, 02:47:55 pm »

Dawn of the First Day, 20th Granite: This is the legendary MurderMachines? This is the tamest fortress I've ever seen! Well stocked, well armied, well defended, armed with magma. No invasions, only four ghosts. There's only a single uninvited guest. Nothing's flashing, nothing's about to explode. Everyone's happy. Everything's still green and serene on the surface. Only 1114 dead? Ppft. Terry or not, I've got this. I could build a dwarven heaven here. Not just that, one that the leaders of the original will be jealous of. Instead, I think I'll just make a bunch of murder-machines to puree all dwarven foes. First though to claim my avatar... and make a beekeeping industry. I want mead dammit! Ah-ha... Lovely. A gemworker. My preferred profession. Congratulations Likot Alathborlon, you have become my vessel and you will bear my name. As there was an opening among the nobles, I have appointed my vessel as sheriff. I suppose an office befitting our station is necessary. I have claimed a conveniently available room and order the proper treatments to be built. Hmm... I think that perhaps we ought to make an end of Baru.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: March 23, 2014, 04:03:28 pm »

Beautiful in a dark dwarfy way, plus captain looking back a few turns, this is probably the most tame time of the fort, considering we lost it to kobold's, a FB, goblins, and voidspawn! Also I deem TheFlame52 a heretic to the ways chaos, madness, and despair...along with a healthy does of death and destruction!!! all in favor of sending his vessel into containment where he will spend the rest of its short miserable life in solitude? Also only the worst prepared food to be dumped into his cell from above and worst drinks we can think of? Also the next 5 incarnations of TheFlame Say Aye, flame as the condemned you don't get a vote.

also if the fort falls...well that means some time waiting for the next fort! besides....WE ARE TERRY!!! the avatar of terry is just the byproduct of our madness and despair...as well as the fps death and save corruption from the original deathgate.

that and it seems red/black is the color of our corrupted members of the fort/thread, while blue/any-light-color seems to be the order part of the fort...also anyone thinking on giving terry a shot at the fort?...

chaos-maker cancels typing: bursts into uncontrolled laughter of a dark thirsting god of the warp
That's dwarfy...let the epitome of madness and the void/everything dark and curropted about us have a go at the fort...THIS....I want...to...ssseeee!!!!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: March 23, 2014, 06:13:46 pm »

Remember, one year till fun starts.

What terryfying things will come, I wonder...

Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: March 23, 2014, 07:02:04 pm »

Now McClellan, there's confidence, and then there's arrogance...

Please don't anger Terry overmuch.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: March 23, 2014, 07:02:59 pm »

The sheer amount of bughouse insanity in this thread is disconcerting me, and that's saying something.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: March 23, 2014, 09:21:35 pm »

The sheer amount of bughouse insanity in this thread is disconcerting me, and that's saying something.

Err. Um. If I may...

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK IS EVEN HAPPENING?
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: March 23, 2014, 10:04:10 pm »

Err. Um. If I may...

Revenge against Terry for all lost data, storage units, computers and sanities.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: March 24, 2014, 01:48:53 am »

Well friends, in a fit of interestingness MurderMachines decided to corrupt to oblivion. Of course, I naturally blamed Terry, sure that he was the cause. On further inspection, however... it appears that my Dwarf Fortress copy's own quirks were to blame. They were unable to match the power of MurderMachines. It was this same issue that prevented me from posting screencaptures of a previous fortress, Willedabyss. However, with some settings tweaked I appear to have stabilized things. However, work begins anew...

Dawn of the first day, 8640 hours remain.

I would like to reiterate, Terry did not cause this particular issue. At least not directly. Nonetheless, Murdermachines is calm and fine until I try to put it in stasis to engage in other activity.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: March 24, 2014, 05:46:11 am »

The synthesiser inhales and opens her eyes. She shall soon sing.

OH MY GOD I FOUND THE BEST SYNTH SEQUENCE EVER FOR THE TERRY/MCCLELLAN SHOWDOWN

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: March 24, 2014, 10:28:22 am »

Lolfail0009...you must post the link, chaos demands it!!! And see captain, weird shit always happens around murdermachine's and DF in general. I cant wait for my turn, though itll have to be a Friday to play....and I only got 3 days to mess around with the fort, plenty of time for me to get my year done me thinks!

Err. Um. If I may...

Revenge against Terry for all lost data, storage units, computers and sanities.
well you guys should've lurked enough, but to tell you the truth what happened was chaos!!! captain trying to bring order and then TheFLame going heretic, (still waiting on the vote folks otherwise im just dumping his dwarf into hell the first chance I get!) and considering the revenge, I doubt its possible, remember this is just a small part of terry were facing, because we ARE terry. well we made it anyway...deathgate has never been more proud!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: March 24, 2014, 10:33:12 am »

Can we return to plain text? Coloring it in red and such makes it hard to read.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: March 24, 2014, 02:32:22 pm »

Also I deem TheFlame52 a heretic to the ways chaos, madness, and despair...along with a healthy does of death and destruction!!! all in favor of sending his vessel into containment where he will spend the rest of its short miserable life in solitude? Also only the worst prepared food to be dumped into his cell from above and worst drinks we can think of? Also the next 5 incarnations of TheFlame Say Aye, flame as the condemned you don't get a vote.
Ha! I don't have a dwarf! Codemn me all you want!
Also, it appears I have been successful in banishing Terry from the thread. He hasn't posted yet!

Can we return to plain text? Coloring it in red and such makes it hard to read.
ChaosMaker, can you post in red instead of maroon, please? I find it hard to read too. I have to highlight your text to read it.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: March 24, 2014, 05:38:50 pm »

I can read all of the text fine. Also, sorry for not getting more done as of yet. My entire operating system failed and my harddrive is dead. My friend's laptop is probably also going to die due to my posting here.
« Reply #2668 on: March 24, 2014, 07:39:48 pm »

I... swear that wasn't me. I've been baking scones for Cthulu-senpai.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: March 24, 2014, 07:47:54 pm »

... You have gone soft.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 272