Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 794690 times)

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #3180 on: May 06, 2014, 06:28:09 pm »

Holy shit. In this siege, we lost 8 dwarves, including Anima. Most died from the heat that the fires created, and much of the woodland is on fire. Holy shit. I think i'm a bit too fun for Murdermachines.

I think i'll savescum here and try again.
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: May 06, 2014, 06:41:03 pm »

Holy shit. In this siege, we lost 8 dwarves, including Anima. Most died from the heat that the fires created, and much of the woodland is on fire. Holy shit. I think i'm a bit too fun for Murdermachines.

I think i'll savescum here and try again.

Huh. I just killed Willedabyss the same way. High five for flaming dwarves!

(( Apparently, Anima is The Dwarven Torch! XD ))

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: May 06, 2014, 07:09:05 pm »

Here are some scenes from that damned battle.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Here we have Scaliper dying horribly after leading away these Voidspawn from the main group.
Here we have Me, NCommander, and Prosnorkulus fighting the enemy in a Last stand. During this, NCommander's child was brutally whipped to death, and some Plaguebearer preformed a breath attack that started the fires that killed many.
Here we have AseaHeru the pot thrower inside a cage. He was caught outside when the Voidspawn attacked, and he happened to fall unconsious on a cage trap, saving his life. Well, he was turned into a Thrall later on, but that's beside the point.
Here we have Dortimus, the ultimate punching bag. For some odd reason, 2 entire squads went for her. After she fell unconscious, they all proceeded to break all of her ribs repeatedly for 2 ingame days before one of them headshotted her.
Here we have Ulborb fighting valiantly against the beasts. He died from the fires.

Total casualty list:
AnimaRytak
Ulborb
NCommander
Scaliper
Dortimus
Prosnorkulus
Zefon Sholidzuntir, NCommander's newborn child.
The Mad Fool
AseaHeru (Became a Thrall)
Vendix (from a random cave in that happened afterwards)
A couple of cats
Metric shit tons of voidspawn.
And most tragically, we lost the iron bridge infront of the entrance.  :'(
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: May 06, 2014, 11:12:24 pm »

Here we have Dortimus, the ultimate punching bag. For some odd reason, 2 entire squads went for her. After she fell unconscious, they all proceeded to break all of her ribs repeatedly for 2 ingame days before one of them headshotted her.

Terry almighty.

Those voidspawn must have been pro-life, to go after the Abortionist like that.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: May 06, 2014, 11:57:09 pm »

Terry almighty.

Those voidspawn must have been pro-life, to go after the Abortionist like that.

Quotes section. Now.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: May 07, 2014, 01:28:45 am »

Do you have any pictures of what happened to Anima? I really want to see how long the Voidgod survived being on fire. After seeing what happened during the first recovery of Murdermachines, I'd be willing to believe that he set some Voidspawn on fire by punching them.
Agreed. This is just too silly.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: May 07, 2014, 01:37:11 am »

Here are some scenes from that damned battle.
Here we have Scaliper dying horribly after leading away these Voidspawn from the main group.
Here we have Me, NCommander, and Prosnorkulus fighting the enemy in a Last stand. During this, NCommander's child was brutally whipped to death, and some Plaguebearer preformed a breath attack that started the fires that killed many.
Here we have AseaHeru the pot thrower inside a cage. He was caught outside when the Voidspawn attacked, and he happened to fall unconsious on a cage trap, saving his life. Well, he was turned into a Thrall later on, but that's beside the point.
Here we have Ulborb fighting valiantly against the beasts. He died from the fires.

Total casualty list:
AnimaRytak
Ulborb
NCommander
Scaliper
Dortimus
Prosnorkulus
Zefon Sholidzuntir, NCommander's newborn child.
The Mad Fool
AseaHeru (Became a Thrall)
Vendix (from a random cave in that happened afterwards)
A couple of cats
Metric shit tons of voidspawn.
Sad but that's MurderMachines.

And most tragically, we lost the iron bridge infront of the entrance.  :'(
But how?!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: May 07, 2014, 01:28:54 pm »

If the bridge was down it probably got wrecked. I think Voidspawn are all buildingdestroyers, aren't they?

Failing that, the breath attack may have been enough, though i'm not sure about that. Can't dragonfire wreck things it's hot enough to melt?
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: May 07, 2014, 05:23:59 pm »

I neglected to mention a sudden rainstorm had caused, due to the very hot fires, random steam explosions during the skirmish, which contributed to the death cause by melting things further. The explosions might've wrecked the bridge.

Anyway, I'm going to give the siege another shot, hopefully without the death of the Voidgod. If the same thing occurs- or if something even WORSE happens, then i'll go along with it.

I shall return to you with the update in a couple of hours.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: May 07, 2014, 05:32:11 pm »

Good GOD.

You're telling me that our military died in battle against abominations spawned from the void amidst a heavy rainstorm that was reacting with eldritch fire to fill the battlefield with the choking smoke of the burning foulness surrounding the fortress and while being blasted to pieces by explosions of superheated steam?

I'd have been cool if you'd just continued, that's quite possibly the most metal thing that has happened to Murdermachines.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: May 07, 2014, 05:37:01 pm »

Good GOD.

You're telling me that our military died in battle against abominations spawned from the void amidst a heavy rainstorm that was reacting with eldritch fire to fill the battlefield with the choking smoke of the burning foulness surrounding the fortress and while being blasted to pieces by explosions of superheated steam?

I'd have been cool if you'd just continued, that's quite possibly the most metal thing that has happened to Murdermachines.
To be honest, I was looking for a way to make an alternate file in the case you guys wanted me to continue. There was probably one, but I didnt think in time. Oh well, the same thing will probably happen again.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: May 07, 2014, 11:04:57 pm »

Journal of Saber Idarban Elbelsoloz Zan, Saborian:
22nd of Felsite, 271

This siege may very well be the death of Murdermachines. Right now, the stupid voidspawn made a fire inside the walls that they cannot pass until its out, giving me time to write in my journal. We have 3 confirmed fatalities on our side, possible more. I DID see Scaliper run off somewhere, chased off by voidspawn. I have no idea if she is alive or not, but my guess is dead. I also saw NCommander's newborn die right in her arms. Poor woman... She's bawling her eyes out one moment and swearing vengence against the voidspawn the next.

Before the fire, We were killing off some assorted voidspawn Drones and Thralls, lead by Anima. During this, I saw Anima get bitten in the foot by a voidspawn. I think thats when it happened...
After the fighting, Anima, The Mad Fool, and NCommander went to our hospital, to nurse some wounds. After 5 hours or so of waiting, I receive word from AtomicAvocado of Anima's transformation.
The manager, having some sense, sealed the door immediately. Only thing is, NCommander and The Mad Fool were in there when the door was sealed. "Lucky, they are armed," I'm told. Anima dropped his weapons and such and is fighting hand to hand. Armok preserve those two.

I think the fires are dying down. I must return to my post.

24nd of Felsite, 271
The Voidgod is dead. After 2 days of fighting it out with NC and The Mad Fool, I decided to step in. The Voidgod looked pitiful in this state.
So I released him from his suffering.
Funny. I remember the lost souls in the abyss telling me the Voidgod was unkillable. Yet he lost whatever the dwarf equal to humanity he had left when a drone bit him in the foot. I also remember him putting me in this body in the first place.

Hehehe... AHAHAHAH!

ISNT KARMA A BITCH??

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: May 07, 2014, 11:39:45 pm »

Holy shit.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: May 08, 2014, 02:25:17 am »

That is fucking wonderful.  If you savescum that, I swear to Anima bad things will happen to you.

If I was any good at action poses, I would drawfag the fuck outta that ^_^
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: May 08, 2014, 09:04:38 am »

No, i'm keeping this one. This one might be better than the last one, probably because I got the pleasure of killing Anima this time, so i'm cool with it.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 272