Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 794675 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #3195 on: May 08, 2014, 09:41:15 am »

No, i'm keeping this one. This one might be better than the last one, probably because I got the pleasure of killing Anima this time, so i'm cool with it.
Maybe give a third try? What if it'll beat those both in awesomeness?

At least Peregarrette is alive and can be a core of new army. Beware my mighty spear! (She's speardwarf, right?)
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: May 08, 2014, 09:58:07 am »

I think that losing Anima for the third time will probably prove to be the death of this fortress. Really, I suggest shutting ourselves in and building some automated defenses.

Also, how did the Voidspawn make a fire?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: May 08, 2014, 12:07:10 pm »

Explosives, apparently something that comes with them has a breath weapon that causes ignition.

Also...

We've been bantering about the VG getting enthralled literally since the first time Anima brought him in. Thank Armok he put down his weapons (and that presumably Voidspawn enthralling doesn't, apparently, respect your original stats) because otherwise this would have been an extinction-level event.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: May 08, 2014, 04:21:38 pm »

[quote
Maybe give a third try? What if it'll beat those both in awesomeness?

At least Peregarrette is alive and can be a core of new army. Beware my mighty spear! (She's speardwarf, right?)
I dont think she was in the fighting, but I could be wrong.
I think that losing Anima for the third time will probably prove to be the death of this fortress. Really, I suggest shutting ourselves in and building some automated defenses.

Also, how did the Voidspawn make a fire?
A Plaguebearer's miasma attack can, apparently, set things ablaze.
Explosives, apparently something that comes with them has a breath weapon that causes ignition.

Also...

We've been bantering about the VG getting enthralled literally since the first time Anima brought him in. Thank Armok he put down his weapons (and that presumably Voidspawn enthralling doesn't, apparently, respect your original stats) because otherwise this would have been an extinction-level event.
Anima DID put down his weapons and armor, but I believed he would still have his godly stats, which is why I jumped the gun and forbid the hospital door. Apparently, his stats were re-averaged when he turned, so even If I hadn't stepped in, NC and TMF would have killed him eventually.

Moreover, since Anima has had his... accident, I propose we elect Saber as the new Militia commander. NOT just because she is mine, but because she is certianly capable and she DID get the finishing blow on Anima.
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: May 08, 2014, 11:38:15 pm »

How did Ringo fare? ( I know he's the head of the fort guard, but he might've been fighting for all I know. )

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: May 09, 2014, 11:36:41 am »

I kind of have to second making Saber the new militia commander, if only because it's the only dwarf in the history of dwarf who can boast actually killing the Void God.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: May 09, 2014, 02:16:49 pm »

I kind of have to second making Saber the new militia commander, if only because it's the only dwarf in the history of dwarf who can boast actually killing the Void God.
While it is quite notable archievement, I predict bad things will eventually happen to her. No one kills Void God without consequences...
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: May 09, 2014, 03:44:57 pm »

While it is quite notable archievement, I predict bad things will eventually happen to her. No one kills Void God without consequences...
Nobody lives in Murdermachines without something bad happening to them. :P
How did Ringo fare? ( I know he's the head of the fort guard, but he might've been fighting for all I know. )
About that... He might have charged blindly into a Plaguebearer who breathed its deadly fumes, starting the fires which decimated both him and a nearby squad.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: May 09, 2014, 04:18:46 pm »

About that... He might have charged blindly into a Plaguebearer who breathed its deadly fumes, starting the fires which decimated both him and a nearby squad.

I should have predicted as much. Terry would never let me be the one to slay the VoidSpawn since I am not fighting for the joy of the slaughter. I suppose I shall have to select a new vessel and have him trained and equipped.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: May 09, 2014, 04:21:38 pm »

Nobody lives in Murdermachines without something bad happening to them. :P

Shaggard

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't need no arms to strangle, nor teeth to bite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: May 09, 2014, 07:14:07 pm »

Damn, the chaos is up three notches since last I checked. That troll that tossed Shaggard into the lake may very well have been doing him a mercy.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: May 10, 2014, 06:48:33 pm »

(Dorfinator is being updated with the dead)
Journal of Saber Idarban Elbelsoloz Zan, Godslayer:
27th of Felsite

As of right now, the death count is 8 or more. The damned Voidspawn hit us hard this siege. I dont intend to let this happen again. We are in need of a new Militia commander and a new Captain of the Guard, so I accepted the position of commander.

I lifted the lockdown and everybody rushed out to grab stuff, collect bodies, and reload cages. Speaking of cages, one of the miners narrowly escaped death by falling unconscious on our very own cage traps.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He has some broken bones, but when the people get around to releasing him, he'll be fine.
AseaHeru, however, was not as lucky. He too, fell unconscious on a cage. But he was poisoned with the taint of the spawn. When I checked, he was just like any other Thrall. Just like Anima.

7st of Hematite, 271
It is summer now, and holy ducks.
And another thing. People have been calling me "Godslayer" when they address me ever since I killed Anima. Oh well. I've also enlisted some random peasents into the military in the hopes the will survive long enough to be something.

Other than the merchants leaving, nothing much is going on.

Page ends here

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: May 11, 2014, 05:09:52 am »

Murdermachines: Returne of the Netherfowl, anyone?
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: May 11, 2014, 10:30:23 am »

Time to start repopulating the arena. Actually, why haven't we entered hell yet? The demons would provide a fairly good distraction for the Voidspawn, and we could finally do what the Deathgates were created for; populating hell with our own brand of horror, i.e. the common dwarf.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: May 11, 2014, 10:44:50 am »

Hmm.  There's an idea.  Assuming we can find multiple adamantine shafts, we create a first breach that leads straight to the surface (and, hopefully, ONLY to the surface), thus setting the legions of Hell loose on our foes.  At the same time, we create our own entrance deeper and closer to home, and then relocate.
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 272