Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 794749 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #3750 on: February 14, 2015, 12:05:51 am »

-snip-

Well, on the astral projection front, I believe that I have successfully performed the feat once ((with divine aid)) in the common sense, and maybe several other times in another sense ((a transposition of a single consciousness between two soulbound bodies)), but I have no hard evidence to support my claim, so take it as you will. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On the deity front... Your belief that the Universe is manifested inside a divine consciousness is certainly an interesting one; is that not what mortal writers do? It's certainly a fresh look, especially compared to my own belief that the Universe is tended externally, by not one, nor even a few, not even HUNDREDS, but OVER SEVENTEEN THOUSAND divine figures, most of which do not appear in Earthen mythology and/or religious media, be it text or otherwise. I also believe that two of them maintain semi-regular contact with me through their avatar's manifestation inside my headspace/soulspace, but again, no hard evidence. I still sometimes think that they're mere delusions, but judging by how lucidly I acknowledge both them and my other headmates, as well as my psychologist's reactions to my accounts, I doubt they are mere delusions.

Also, that last sentence of yours... What exactly did you mean by that? It's very late here, so it may be my own folly at misunderstanding it, but still '^^

Sadly probably delusions. * pats * Just in case though, be wary not to accept everything they say without some serious consideration. ( Especially considering that which masquerades as deific could well be demonic. ) As per sharing "soulspace", that's not possible, I think you're misunderstanding what a soul is. It's not the same as a conscious or a spirit, it's more analogous to the "source code" of a being's spirit, which can be packed and unpacked by will of those who have that kind of permission. Or another interpretation is that it's something that's developed over time in any cognizant being, but I don't really hold much to that. Either way, it's distinct from the conscious and subconscious "headspaces", though it can influence them. As per your spirit, while I think it can commune with things and supersedes basic consciousness, it still can't really be shared in the sense you say. Moreover, I still find it highly dubious that you have successfully performed astral projection, especially in light of a real or delusional contact with extraterrestrial beings. (( Though you did say "with divine aid", so it's possible. Visions, I think, are distinct from astral projection though, so if you had one of those, it wouldn't count. A vision is more like a spiritual space that conscious and spirit can be brought to temporarily and presented things in allegorical form, the interpretations of which you may then fail to properly ascertain when later recounting it. ( There is also the matter of determining who initiated the vision, which is important. ) Also, like dreams and memories, these visions can later be actively corrupted by your cognitive functions, possibly with no way to stop that. )) That you say that the universe is tended externally by these divine figures, I doubt. I think these maintainers are not so much divine as aligned with divinity and act as agents within the universe on the behalf of the creator. I also think that they're under strict orders not to intervene with the affairs of conscious and physical beings beyond what their job requires, with exception only by explicit order and that any who break this are treated as if they had broken taboo. Possibly with the ostracism involved, and most likely with severe punishment. Compare the concepts of angels and fallen angels and that's basically what I think, except only slightly more complex and that they ( the ones who still follow ) actively guard against "exceptions" in the execution of the universe. i.e. microscopic or macroscopic events that could destroy cognizant lives before their appointed times by some unusual scenario of physics, probably in a realm beyond even our comprehension of quantum physics and cosmology. ) ( As an additional note: I can't recall for certain, but I think that "angel" has a specific meaning and only refers to one class of these beings, which... if I'm remembering right is the messengers. I... * shrug * It's beyond me to say for sure on much. But with that in mind, no all of these beings wouldn't be angels, but that term has kinda come to refer to them all, and that's the context I'm using it in. )

Which? The very last? All knowledge must be taken on faith, that's pretty straight forward. Even "proofs" can be disproven, right? That humans have to take knowledge on faith isn't a call to eschew knowledge as "uncertain" or "inexact", as much as it is motivation to put trust in some higher power than ourselves.

Well, delusions or not, they're very friendly and haven't shown any ill bearing towards me, nor have they tried to influence me off the path of common sense ((discounting when one of my headmates reawoke after a long post-manifestation hibernation and immediately tried to take control and eat literally everything and everyone. Mercifully she was still half asleep and could be beaten back until she woke fully and came to reason)) so no harm no foul, right?~

And, on that "soul == source code" thing... If I were to describe my own soul in such a context, it would be two incredibly different foreign code modules bound together by a foreign netcode module, and MAYBE there's a local parent module in there somewhere that I haven't been able to identify. Are you by any chance familiar with the concept of otherkin? ((Perhaps my analogy of the transposed consciousness was a little awry... I'll need to do some more analysis. I still don't know how physical/metaphysical my destination actually is.))

I don't think what I experienced was a vision; it was certainly as if I had just been transported somewhere and was indeed conversing with an entity. It's rather fun discussing death with a deity that maintains a death-related sphere.

And yes, angels were the messenger spirits.

Shaggard

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't need no arms to strangle, nor teeth to bite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: February 14, 2015, 01:52:30 am »

The very first dwarf to step his way into the fiery pit and meet his doom was Shaggard.

Shaggard died as he lived, thirsty. This sluggish behemoth of a fortress earned a good death, and found it.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: February 14, 2015, 02:22:09 am »

You know, I honestly don't know what to say about the last page or so, but it was cool. I spent the last... Ehh... Seven hours testing a glitchy, mechanically incomplete robot, so my brain is consumed and unable to form a proper comment on the subject, one which I find genuinely interesting.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: February 14, 2015, 05:31:56 pm »

~snip~

Well, delusions or not, they're very friendly and haven't shown any ill bearing towards me, nor have they tried to influence me off the path of common sense ((discounting when one of my headmates reawoke after a long post-manifestation hibernation and immediately tried to take control and eat literally everything and everyone. Mercifully she was still half asleep and could be beaten back until she woke fully and came to reason)) so no harm no foul, right?~

And, on that "soul == source code" thing... If I were to describe my own soul in such a context, it would be two incredibly different foreign code modules bound together by a foreign netcode module, and MAYBE there's a local parent module in there somewhere that I haven't been able to identify. Are you by any chance familiar with the concept of otherkin? ((Perhaps my analogy of the transposed consciousness was a little awry... I'll need to do some more analysis. I still don't know how physical/metaphysical my destination actually is.))

I don't think what I experienced was a vision; it was certainly as if I had just been transported somewhere and was indeed conversing with an entity. It's rather fun discussing death with a deity that maintains a death-related sphere.

GET THINE ASS OFF OF TUMBLR, I COMMAND THEE!!!! I mean, yes. Otherkin and headmates almost always exist on a psychological level. And there is definitely harm done if a headmate tried to eat people, even if you were able to stop it. In my opinion, which is different from modern and postmodern psychology I know, headmates occur when an individual lacks a strong primary persona and as a result every set of urges, especially conflicting ones, is compartmentalized into it's own identity, but they're mostly fractures of the same person, instead of possession or legitimate DID. ( If you choose to believe you're among the exception, that is fine but either way I have to emphasize the need for caution and recommend that you work on building your main persona and building the character thereof. )

Nah, all souls are written in the same source code and humans probably only have one. Some Hindu ( and possibly some Buddhist ) study speculates that humans have three souls. To me, there's insufficient evidence that this is the case and possibly also comes from another misunderstanding of what a soul is, because I do not know what they define as a soul.

Also, I have no idea where you went. Though, a question, did you ask on what authority said being was talking to you on?

You know, I honestly don't know what to say about the last page or so, but it was cool. I spent the last... Ehh... Seven hours testing a glitchy, mechanically incomplete robot, so my brain is consumed and unable to form a proper comment on the subject, one which I find genuinely interesting.
Honestly, that sounds more interesting to me. What are you building a robot for?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: February 14, 2015, 07:07:27 pm »

The FIRST Robotics Competition, which is a high-school level, in my case free-entry, robotics program operating throughout most of the US. It's really a great deal of fun in every sense of the word, especially when the idiotic thing tries to kill you or itself 'cause of a shorting cable.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: February 14, 2015, 08:15:02 pm »

SO ANYWAY, are we going to start the next chapter anytime soon?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: February 14, 2015, 09:33:26 pm »

~snip~

GET THINE ASS OFF OF TUMBLR, I COMMAND THEE!!!! I mean, yes. Otherkin and headmates almost always exist on a psychological level. And there is definitely harm done if a headmate tried to eat people, even if you were able to stop it. In my opinion, which is different from modern and postmodern psychology I know, headmates occur when an individual lacks a strong primary persona and as a result every set of urges, especially conflicting ones, is compartmentalized into it's own identity, but they're mostly fractures of the same person, instead of possession or legitimate DID. ( If you choose to believe you're among the exception, that is fine but either way I have to emphasize the need for caution and recommend that you work on building your main persona and building the character thereof. )

Nah, all souls are written in the same source code and humans probably only have one. Some Hindu ( and possibly some Buddhist ) study speculates that humans have three souls. To me, there's insufficient evidence that this is the case and possibly also comes from another misunderstanding of what a soul is, because I do not know what they define as a soul.

Also, I have no idea where you went. Though, a question, did you ask on what authority said being was talking to you on?

I REFUSE TO LEAVE TUMBLR, THE PEOPLE THERE HAVE TAUGHT ME THAT I'M NOT A BROKEN MISTAKE. Plus I met my girlfriend on Tumblr, sooo '^^
I don't think it's possession nor DID, but one past life and one alternate life soulbound to me across time ((and death, in one case)). I say this option because I have access to the memories of both of these lives, even if I don't understand the languages both lives spoke in ((which is a damn pain...)). Also, one of them is incredibly interested in your side to this conversation; he finds it a theory worth pursuing. The other's a bit... wary. She's telling me to tread carefully.

I'd try to draw a representation of my soul, but the last time I tried drawing something I got hit with major dissociation and gods that was terrifying, so I'll pass on that.

As for where I went... In the case of the deity conversation, it was a temple by a river, on an overcast night. There were other people there ((humanoid, but I dunno if they were human)) doing what seemed to be acts of worship towards statues of the being before the being rose out of the river. It looked like it was made of starlight. It introduced itself as "the God by whom all mortals pass", so I'd assume a God of death, or passage, or some such.

Sounds good, methinks.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: February 14, 2015, 11:34:12 pm »

Um, yeah. I'm like... 7 in-game days in as of last time I tried to play and uh... I'm on right now playing DnD through Google Docs with some friends and trying to get some homework done at the same time, but I figured while I was procrastinating anyway by DnD playing I'd check the forums. So far the only interesting events are that Ulborb named a shield something and that two dwarves are (still) stranded outside of MurderMachines.

~snip~

I REFUSE TO LEAVE TUMBLR, THE PEOPLE THERE HAVE TAUGHT ME THAT I'M NOT A BROKEN MISTAKE. Plus I met my girlfriend on Tumblr, sooo '^^
I don't think it's possession nor DID, but one past life and one alternate life soulbound to me across time ((and death, in one case)). I say this option because I have access to the memories of both of these lives, even if I don't understand the languages both lives spoke in ((which is a damn pain...)). Also, one of them is incredibly interested in your side to this conversation; he finds it a theory worth pursuing. The other's a bit... wary. She's telling me to tread carefully.

I'd try to draw a representation of my soul, but the last time I tried drawing something I got hit with major dissociation and gods that was terrifying, so I'll pass on that.

As for where I went... In the case of the deity conversation, it was a temple by a river, on an overcast night. There were other people there ((humanoid, but I dunno if they were human)) doing what seemed to be acts of worship towards statues of the being before the being rose out of the river. It looked like it was made of starlight. It introduced itself as "the God by whom all mortals pass", so I'd assume a God of death, or passage, or some such.
Yeah, no. See that's called "targeting a bird with a broken wing." That's shit cults do... That's cool, I hope your relationship goes well. ( Seriously though, several major Tumblr groups love to target people who have low self-esteem and fill their head with crazy ideas, even if they're the ones who have to destroy their self-esteem first. They're very aware of where they are and know that it's where people go for comfort and opposition to what is perceived as (but actually not) mainstream, because the Tumblr community at-large tries to masquerade as both a force of great social good and as a place of loving, caring acceptance... And even in groups where they actually are, sometimes they're too accepting... to the point where one issue becomes a few hundred and non-issues become the civil rights case of a century, picked up by the belligerent groups. )
Well, I would certainly hope it's not possession or DID. I don't know that it's even possible for things to get "soulbound" and I'm pretty sure that human spirits nor souls linger on Earth for very long nor return to it by natural means. ( ie, If it isn't an elaborate fantasy, it was done to you on purpose, quite probably for less-than-noble reasons. )

And how would you do that? Souls can't be measured by us. That it caused a major stress episode, however, is quite interesting...because that seems to fall in line with people who have certain disorders that cause them to disassociate with reality...
You might want to get that checked out, just refuse any medication offered. I repeat unless you are a clear and present danger or anyone else's DO NOT ACCEPT MEDICATION OR SELF-MEDICATE. If you merely suspect that you are though, it is important to get help as soon as you suspect and by a professional. If you've already been medicated, consider what medication you were placed on and whether or not that may be the cause of your current state or at least a contributing factor. If you don't mind, I'd like to try and help you navigate your inner self sometime.

That's A: probably a vision, being seeped in classical metaphor as it was B: Interesting. C: Worth discussing further elsewhere.

Final thought, I find it significant and interesting that the voice supporting the pursuance of what I've been talking about is male and that the voice telling you to place me under suspicion is female. I will leave you [all] to speculate what I mean by this. However, let it be noted I agree with both voices, in this case, that you should pursue and that you should be wary.

And finally, can we move this off the forum please? This isn't really the place for such discussions. If you would like, I could set up an IRC through a VNC and log it. Or if you don't mind a large corporation getting it, we could do it through gmail? ( Heck, even Private Messaging on the forum might work. Or if you and the others prefer it remain public, then a discussion thread.. but I'd rather move this somewhere private, somewhere where it won't be trolled or derailed. And most importantly, we really need to stop the derailing of this thread. )

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: February 15, 2015, 12:48:01 am »

-snip-

Yeah, it might be an idea to move this discussion off of a public space...

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: February 15, 2015, 02:58:16 am »

Very true. Yet further proof that Bay12 is a strange and wonderful place, not to be easily understood by normal folk.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: February 15, 2015, 03:11:02 am »

Very true. Yet further proof that Bay12 is a strange and wonderful place, not to be easily understood by normal folk.
Is this... In response to lolfail or me?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: February 15, 2015, 04:32:47 am »

Is this... In response to lolfail or me?

Excellent question...

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: February 15, 2015, 10:22:47 am »

This is getting a little ridiculous. Are we now still going on with McClellan's attempt or are we going for Deathgate III?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: February 15, 2015, 10:41:15 am »

This is getting a little ridiculous. Are we now still going on with McClellan's attempt or are we going for Deathgate III?
I say Deathgate III. For the name, we should just do random names until we get a good one.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: February 15, 2015, 11:54:33 am »

Name of Deathgate III cannot be random, no. It should follow theme.
1st parts so far: Death & Murder
2nd parts so far: Gate & Machines

"Death" is result. "Murder" is cause. So third one should be actor. Therefore "Killer".
"Gate" is controlled by "Machines", which is operated by "Levers".

So name of Deathgate III should be "Killerlevers", if such name is even possible. I would prefer such thematic naming convention.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 272