Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 794748 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #3855 on: March 11, 2015, 04:01:53 am »

Domovye? What? Why?

Ents could be fun. No civ for them. Could be nice if we can enslave them somehow. Make capturing and exploiting then worthwhile.

What horrors we already have against us? Do we need to make the mountain of murder that's about to fall on our heads any bigger?

E: Actually might be good idea to pool all plans and information into successor thread.
Because.

Yeah.

Yes.

I don't know where the successor thread is or if it even exists yet.

What I know is I'm having a serious crisis of purpose right now...

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: March 11, 2015, 04:05:32 am »

...You intend to add nuclear power to Dwarf Fortress.

HOW ABOUT ALL OF MY YES. If my nerdiness on the subject can provide any useful information let me know!
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: March 11, 2015, 04:15:58 am »

Unless you can answer questions of purpose in a post-human value world, then no. I recently was struck with the melancholy. Time will tell if I recover, but I'm only saying that to leave it open to the possibility that I will. I hold no hope in it, except hope that I am disproven in my new worldview.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: March 11, 2015, 04:27:26 am »

Domovye? What? Why?

Ents could be fun. No civ for them. Could be nice if we can enslave them somehow. Make capturing and exploiting then worthwhile.

What horrors we already have against us? Do we need to make the mountain of murder that's about to fall on our heads any bigger?

E: Actually might be good idea to pool all plans and information into successor thread.
Because.

Yeah.

Yes.

I don't know where the successor thread is or if it even exists yet.

What I know is I'm having a serious crisis of purpose right now...

This one you made for voting.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: March 11, 2015, 04:32:42 am »

Yeah. That's just the poll. The actual thread will be started up by the winner of the election who will be crowned at 3:15pm on Friday.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: March 11, 2015, 06:07:41 am »

...You intend to add nuclear power to Dwarf Fortress.

HOW ABOUT ALL OF MY YES. If my nerdiness on the subject can provide any useful information let me know!
I feel better now. Also, yes. Yes, yes indeed. :) One thing, if you can find it out, is how to make a power-producing building in RAW modding.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: March 11, 2015, 06:53:00 am »

Yeah. That's just the poll. The actual thread will be started up by the winner of the election who will be crowned at 3:15pm on Friday.
It can be easily repurposed for preparation/world building purposes.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: March 11, 2015, 11:57:03 am »

It can be easily repurposed for preparation/world building purposes.
Yeah. I suppose it can and it makes sense to. I'll do that then.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: March 11, 2015, 02:43:16 pm »

Hmmm, I don't know how to get a building producing power, but I do know Putnam has a material generator in the modding forum and is a far more powerful wizard than I could ever hope to become short of a heroic death and ghostly resurrection following a cryptic final statement.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: March 11, 2015, 02:49:03 pm »

Also, "dwarfs", what? Apparently that's the correct plural but it feels so weird to type that because it changes the pronunciation.
It's not the correct plural. Both are technically correct in everyday English, but within the context of DF, Toady's usage supercedes that of the dictionary or your spell-checker:
Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:DWARF]
[DESCRIPTION:A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.]
[NAME:dwarf:dwarves:dwarven]
[CASTE_NAME:dwarf:dwarves:dwarven]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 02:53:48 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: March 11, 2015, 04:22:57 pm »

Hmmm, I don't know how to get a building producing power, but I do know Putnam has a material generator in the modding forum and is a far more powerful wizard than I could ever hope to become short of a heroic death and ghostly resurrection following a cryptic final statement.
Eyeah. I have some apprehensions about approaching Putnam, but I don't guess he holds anything against me, so I might just go see about that. Also, modding discussions have been moved to the Successor thread. ( The one with the poll for first overseer. )

Also, "dwarfs", what? Apparently that's the correct plural but it feels so weird to type that because it changes the pronunciation.
It's not the correct plural. Both are technically correct in everyday English, but within the context of DF, Toady's usage supercedes that of the dictionary or your spell-checker:
Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:DWARF]
[DESCRIPTION:A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.]
[NAME:dwarf:dwarves:dwarven]
[CASTE_NAME:dwarf:dwarves:dwarven]
Right. I didn't mean in Dwarf fortress, I just meant in the actual language.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: March 11, 2015, 04:25:33 pm »

I don't think he bites unless you ask nicely and wear a pretty dress, but the mat properties generator has a thread and such which you should check out for sure just to make sure you get everything turned into df-speak properly.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: March 11, 2015, 04:56:50 pm »

I don't think he bites unless you ask nicely and wear a pretty dress, but the mat properties generator has a thread and such which you should check out for sure just to make sure you get everything turned into df-speak properly.
Yeah, care to link me?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: March 11, 2015, 05:34:25 pm »

Oh yeah, I forget not everyone hops through the utlities forums regularly collecting toys: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140645.0

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: March 11, 2015, 06:15:11 pm »

Well, I don't actually know very much about RAW modding, but I do know actual nuclear fission reactors are effectively horribly dangerous steam engines. So, rather than a building that makes power, you could have a building that becomes very, very hot and begins consuming fuel from storage when activated via a lever, thereby heating liquid in the area to become pressurized steam, which in turn can run though turbines, which actually make power. That being effectively how reactors work, though some more complex fuel mechanics would need to happen, as well as both radiation and meltdown stuff.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 272