Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 265813 times)

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! Next Turn'll Be Fun!
« Reply #1170 on: March 13, 2013, 02:01:10 pm »

May I be put on the waitlist, good sirs?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: March 13, 2013, 02:06:57 pm »

1. How is gravity slowing a meteor down? Air resistance, I could see, but gravity?

((gravity would pull in anything (including meteors) far more powerfully than air resistance.))
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 13, 2013, 02:30:25 pm »

This is it, then, thinks Kordos. This world is about to be destroyed, and I have nothing that can stop it, or even mitigate the damage. No one here does, except the one person who doesn't care if this world goes to hell. But I can't in good conscience return to HQ without making a proper go at the situation.

Kordos charges at Osborn, throws his spear at him, keeps running till he's close enough to read, and reads the words to summon a meteor.

Anyways, I have a plan for how to deal with the meteor:
1. One person sacrifices himself, summoning the next waitlister.
2. Everyone else sort of curls up into a ball and prays. This should make sure the meteor can't squish you very well.
3. The meteor hits.
I thought about it, but it wouldn't really help, since the new person wouldn't come into play until after the turn was over. If we had done it last turn, maybe someone would have spawned with something useful, but it's too late now.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: March 13, 2013, 02:36:22 pm »

Oooo I wanna know that last one. How do you say it? I wanna say it to this girl I like to tease.
SUPPA TENKO!

Yes, the capslock is absolutely required.

And I may or may not get the turn up tonight. I've got two papers to write tonight, but tomorrow's a delayed opening, so I'll be up later than I normally am.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: March 13, 2013, 02:55:05 pm »

BUHAHA!.

sorry. i just think it was needed.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: March 13, 2013, 03:02:31 pm »

1. How is gravity slowing a meteor down? Air resistance, I could see, but gravity?
((gravity would pull in anything (including meteors) far more powerfully than air resistance.))
(How is that slowing down the meteor?)

Anyways, I have a plan for how to deal with the meteor:
1. One person sacrifices himself, summoning the next waitlister.
2. Everyone else sort of curls up into a ball and prays. This should make sure the meteor can't squish you very well.
3. The meteor hits.
I thought about it, but it wouldn't really help, since the new person wouldn't come into play until after the turn was over. If we had done it last turn, maybe someone would have spawned with something useful, but it's too late now.
...Yes. Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking of.

Oooo I wanna know that last one. How do you say it? I wanna say it to this girl I like to tease.
SUPPA TENKO!

Yes, the capslock is absolutely required.
Of course it is, your translation was as well.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: March 13, 2013, 03:19:16 pm »

hmmm...

SUPER SECRET PM STUFF HAHAHAHAHA!

((back to old habits))
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: March 13, 2013, 04:18:18 pm »

Oh, and gravity was slowing the meteor's ascent by pulling it down to earth. It had been rising ever since it was summoned, and this turn it's coming down. Hard.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: March 13, 2013, 05:02:14 pm »

Oh, and gravity was slowing the meteor's ascent by pulling it down to earth. It had been rising ever since it was summoned, and this turn it's coming down. Hard.
Oooh.

I thought it was summoned in space or something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: March 13, 2013, 05:09:33 pm »

My guess is you have this turn left before if hits. The turn after that is when you all go kablooey. Unless the meteor is gonna fall faster then it rose.

Also i wonder how... uh... meteor proof Osborn's new armor is. Considering the spell used to make it is the biggest number yet... I think....
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: March 13, 2013, 05:13:04 pm »

Oooh.

I thought it was summoned in space or something.

Nope, it emerged from the ground. You were incinerated by it, remember?

My guess is you have this turn left before if hits. The turn after that is when you all go kablooey. Unless the meteor is gonna fall faster then it rose.

The meteor was ascending at a linear rate, and gravity is now pulling it downwards at an exponential rate. It'll hit at the end of this turn.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: March 13, 2013, 05:16:33 pm »

Give me the initial vertical velocity of the meteor and the gravitational acceleration, and I'll tell you how long a turn is!
Sig

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: March 13, 2013, 05:34:53 pm »

The meteor was ascending at a linear rate, and gravity is now pulling it downwards at an exponential rate. It'll hit at the end of this turn.

Well that's good news for me. Evil Lucky is ready to enter his reign of terror! Hm.... oh Wwolin, would chopping off all the other players limbs so that they are still alive but can't do anything so can set up a loot farm be allowed?
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: March 13, 2013, 06:06:02 pm »

Well that's good news for me. Evil Lucky is ready to enter his reign of terror! Hm.... oh Wwolin, would chopping off all the other players limbs so that they are still alive but can't do anything so can set up a loot farm be allowed?

Perfectly allowed, if you managed to keep them from bleeding out. And frankly, trying to disable someone leaves you at a great deal of risk, because you don't have to luck out once to stop them, but several times. Smashing one head gives them less time to fight back than smashing four limbs. And if someone winds up with Lilia-esque amounts of legs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: March 13, 2013, 07:33:16 pm »

I think if my guy dies next turn I'm going to make a Lawful Evil dude to conquer the whole plane.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 159