Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 265865 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! Impending Doom Spell!
« Reply #1155 on: March 12, 2013, 04:18:17 pm »

Oh well.

ALSO, on a related topic, a couple years ago, a friend of mine was taking Japanese through High School, at the same school I'm going to now, and she was just about to go into Japanese 12...

When they terminated the Japanese Courses and replaced them with YOGA.

YOGA.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 12, 2013, 04:47:22 pm »

Well compared to the main island of Japan, Okinawa is small... and far from it. Then again that's probably why the US base is there lol.

Spoiler: Google map of Japan! (click to show/hide)

@The yoga thing, now seriously.... yoga? Of all things, yoga? Man.... if my highschool's Japanese classes got canceled.... I'd probrably feel better about that it just got out right cancelled instead of getting replaced with yoga.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 12, 2013, 05:56:30 pm »

Okinawa is the largest island in the something archipelago.

The largest of the Ryukyu islands. That's it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 12, 2013, 08:43:54 pm »

Having taken two years of Japanese, I switched to Latin. Japanese is muzukashi (hard) since you need to learn two alphabets, hirigana and katakana, and then you need to know kanji (pictograms) that they stole from the chinese. Latin you may have lost a few letters and a different pronunciation but its the Roman alphabet still.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: March 13, 2013, 12:16:31 am »

Tbh... I'll probably never gonna be able to read Japanese... I more worried about speaking it really... though learning hiragana and katakana wasn't so hard... though that did take up the two years of Japanese in high school... and I forgot most of it... which sucks. Though learning Kanji is gonna be hell.... I only remember one from the little we touched on with the days of the week. And it's the one for "moon" which is also in the word for "monday" I think. Some reason that's the only one that stuck in my head.

Though if i really wanted to review... I can type in hiragana and katakana just by typing in the Roman equivalents. Though I do remember enough sentence structure and words to call someone an idiot, or trash, or cute lol. And I recently picked up on the word for cool from anime... though not sure how it's spelled.... but if what I'm thinking is correct, I can add "cool" to the list of stuff to call people lol.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! Next Turn'll Be Fun!
« Reply #1160 on: March 13, 2013, 12:52:32 am »

Well then. I study Latin until I am in physical pain from staying up too damn late, and no sooner do I get home then one of my teammates on the anime project tells me to work on some Latin lyrics for a song in the series. I literally just growled at my computer and typed "Dominus mea fatore ostendit dictorum. First 6 syllables short, last 8 long, all on the C below middle C. No diphthongs, all Cs are hard. Now no more Latin." So yeah, now you too can chant in ominous Latin to scare your friends and grocery store clerks.

(Guntower targeting: Tails) Shirly Snow has the luck of a country singer. Maybe because she is one.

"ARGLBARGH."

OHGAWD. TELL THROAT TO STOP BURNING. Offer some to that guy. The one with the Mittensh.

You pick yourself up off of the ground, coughing and spitting the last bits of the vile booze out of your mouth before half sarcastically gesturing for Henry to take a swig.

"Hey, mishter, ya okay? Looks like ya can't handle yer booze."

Let me use logic...... Drink some of the booze. BRILLIANT
(Henry end: 6+1)

Seeing Strider offer you the black booze, you immediately pick up the entire keg and down it in a manly fashion, before belching a stream of tiny bubbles shaped like screaming faces. You're not sure whether the booze was magical or just extremely potent, but you're pretty sure that you've grown a massive toothy mouth on your stomach. And it might even be saying something pretty important right now, but you're too drunk to care. Maybe it wants a drink too?

((I'd like to align with G.C and Vodka if possible.))
Head north.
Edit: Changed my mind again. Drinking that's a really bad idea.

You head out of the tower and towards Vodka and Kordos, glancing up at the meteor occasionally, which seems to be slowing down as gravity begins to take hold of it.

Cancel all actions. Grab up friends and curl up around them, as to expose as little of us as possible without a nice coating of steel. I'm hoping that "grab friend gtfo meteor area and curl up defensively" works.

"Shhh, it can wait! You've been really nice to me... my turn to help."
"I'm sorry, little lady, but, as much as I'd like to curl up with you, I can't cower while the world's in danger. As long as I'm able I need to try as hard as I can to save as many people as possible.

"Right now I need to try to find out if I don't already have what I need."

Kordos will do whatever it take to activate his ice keyboard to see what it does.
(Kordos aff: 6-6)
(Kordos dex: 4+5)

You concentrate, and they keyboard suddenly appears in your hands, playing a slightly jazzy melody. As the song plays, you make out a faint whistling sound above the notes, and leap to the side just as nine grapefruit sized hailstones fall from the sky and smash into where you were just standing.

Cancel all actions. Grab up friends and curl up around them, as to expose as little of us as possible without a nice coating of steel. I'm hoping that "grab friend gtfo meteor area and curl up defensively" works.

"Shhh, it can wait! You've been really nice to me... my turn to help."
"I'm sorry, little lady, but, as much as I'd like to curl up with you, I can't cower while the world's in danger. As long as I'm able I need to try as hard as I can to save as many people as possible.

"Right now I need to try to find out if I don't already have what I need."

Kordos will do whatever it take to activate his ice keyboard to see what it does.

B-but... I want to help you...
Steelify shovels. Afterwards, watch for incoming attack, and try to keep the heat away from Kadzar.
(Vodka aff: 1+1)

You focus some of your eyes on the shovels and try to fire your beams, but only manage to make a few tiny splotches of steel on the leaves.

Hmmm, I think I'll continue this tradition I set for myself...

VERY secret PM stuff!
Mutter something about I'm down on my luck. Give my weapon to captain average.
7 is stronger than 9.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Captain Average looks at the man standing next to him.  "What, for free?  I totally wasn't going to crotch bat you or anything..."

Take the weapon and experiment with it.  If it's really a trick, whack him in the crotch with the bat and disarm him anyway.
(Osborn bad: 5+5)
(Osborn dex: 4)
(Shirly dex: 2+6)
(Average dex: 6)
(Tower dex: 1)

(Average aff: 3)

(Book aff: 6+2)
(Osborn bad: 2+5)
(Osborn end: 5+6)

(Tower dex: 5*2)
(Shirly dex: 4+6)

Shirly backs away from her weapon, letting Captain Average pick up the bone blade. As he tests the balance of the weapon, his eyes are suddenly torn from their sockets by an unseen force, embedding themselves in the blade like gruesome ornaments. The captain screams in pain, before the black ribbons on the hilt of the sword twist their way up his right arm and onto his face, forming a bandage that would double as a blindfold, if his eyes were still on his face. Meanwhile, Osborn goes through a mental checklist. The meteor is too large to dodge, and Kordos is too busy to attack him, so looks like it's time for magic! He rushes up to Shirly and reads off the third spell in his book, causing a full suit of flaming black armor to materialize around his own body. His nostrils are filled with the scent of his own burning hair, but his thick skin seems numb to the flames, at least for now. Shirly tries to back away from Osborn while he's distracted by his new look, and nearly makes it off of the rock before the turrets on the black tower all focus on her. She barely makes it out of the way of a veritable storm of black fireballs as the tower dissolves into a column of black smoke and rises up to meet the meteor, which is slowly beginning to descend.

LIST:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tbh... I'll probably never gonna be able to read Japanese... I more worried about speaking it really... though learning hiragana and katakana wasn't so hard... though that did take up the two years of Japanese in high school... and I forgot most of it... which sucks. Though learning Kanji is gonna be hell.... I only remember one from the little we touched on with the days of the week. And it's the one for "moon" which is also in the word for "monday" I think. Some reason that's the only one that stuck in my head.

Though if i really wanted to review... I can type in hiragana and katakana just by typing in the Roman equivalents. Though I do remember enough sentence structure and words to call someone an idiot, or trash, or cute lol. And I recently picked up on the word for cool from anime... though not sure how it's spelled.... but if what I'm thinking is correct, I can add "cool" to the list of stuff to call people lol.
I know just enough Japanese to survive in a strip joint. I know the words for spin, purple, watermelon, idiot, dog, cute, scary, and LET'S GET NAKED! Not even sure where I picked up that last one, but why not.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 13, 2013, 12:55:55 am »

Next turn, my sweets.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 13, 2013, 01:09:53 am »

Everybody point at the sky and open fire?

Oooh i know... osborn summon another meteor quick!
Theyll totally cancel each other out... and you know... cause basketball sized stones to rain down upon the entire map.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: March 13, 2013, 01:13:41 am »

Oooo I wanna know that last one. How do you say it? I wanna say it to this girl I like to tease.

And I know a lot more words then I mentioned above... though... I just realized I can be a cannibal in Japanese! I call keep telling people they are food... or rice... or lunch... since the word means all three. And it's the name of Goku's son so it's easy to remember too!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: March 13, 2013, 06:46:55 am »

Try and shoot lasers at the meteor. Sure, it's hopeless, but why not. After, do secret things.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: March 13, 2013, 06:59:00 am »

Well then. I study Latin until I am in physical pain from staying up too damn late, and no sooner do I get home then one of my teammates on the anime project tells me to work on some Latin lyrics for a song in the series. I literally just growled at my computer and typed "Dominus mea fatore ostendit dictorum. First 6 syllables short, last 8 long, all on the C below middle C. No diphthongs, all Cs are hard. Now no more Latin." So yeah, now you too can chant in ominous Latin to scare your friends and grocery store clerks.
Ouch, irony.
...Out of curiosity, what does that mean?

And two other questions, while I'm at this.
1. How is gravity slowing a meteor down? Air resistance, I could see, but gravity?
2. Is there actually a specific Japanese word for "LET'S GET NAKED"?

-----

Anyways, I have a plan for how to deal with the meteor:
1. One person sacrifices himself, summoning the next waitlister.
2. Everyone else sort of curls up into a ball and prays. This should make sure the meteor can't squish you very well.
3. The meteor hits.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 13, 2013, 07:45:05 am »

"Eeeeyooooowch!  Damnation!"

Duck and cover, because that totally works against nukes.  Give the swords a few swings while I'm at it, hopefully making sure I can see.

PS wielding katana in right with NERF CROTCH BAT in left.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: March 13, 2013, 07:46:09 am »

*maniacal laughter* "Oh... I thought I was a goner for a bit their, but once again this book saves me! Now I have armor made out of the same material as the meteor itself! I was thinking of canceling it out with another, but now I don't have to!" *more maniacal laughter, for good measure*

Get away from people and don't kill anyone unless they attack me, and if they do, use spell #1. if my armor fades away, cast 3rd spell again. prepare for the meteor!

((edit: clarifying that self defense doe not include using nukes.))
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:58:57 pm by +!!scientist!!+ »
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: March 13, 2013, 10:11:52 am »

Continue to punch the nearest guy EXCEPT the one who just drank my booze. Because my fists are all I have at this point.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 13, 2013, 01:31:13 pm »

"Shur, doul! Blrgah mcfarwu afay blurp."
Translation: ???

Stick pinky finger into maw.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 159