Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 265217 times)

Benjamaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! Bye-bye, Bookwyrm!
« Reply #2025 on: July 01, 2013, 04:25:56 pm »

Woops, my bad. In that case, Tennant, demonstrate your abilities on one of those soldiers. I think this is a good place to get out. Exit carriage. Then say to Tennant:Hope you don't mind some company.Draw next card in a fashion similar to one in charge. (translation: Like a boss)

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: July 05, 2013, 03:43:21 am »

Whee turn some time today. Why I am commenting at 4:42 in the morning I don't know.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: July 05, 2013, 03:45:17 am »

Bored out of your skull too?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: July 05, 2013, 04:00:29 am »

Indeed. I don't feel like sleeping, and I keep going to bed at 6:00 AM that my daily schedule consists of drinking endless amounts of coffee because my day is like my night.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: July 05, 2013, 04:02:06 am »

Whee turn some time today. Why I am commenting at 4:42 in the morning I don't know.
Yay.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: July 05, 2013, 06:38:44 am »

Indeed. I don't feel like sleeping, and I keep going to bed at 6:00 AM that my daily schedule consists of drinking endless amounts of coffee because my day is like my night.
Wow. That is a weird schedule and I hope you adjust to it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Benjamaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: July 05, 2013, 01:01:54 pm »

Looter's Delight! Now home to the Insomniacs Club!

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: July 05, 2013, 07:46:57 pm »

Run away.
Stop short, waving with my good hand. Greet the being and if the cave is the cave I just exited then advise the dude to stay the fuck away.
CZA(TCM) + B0B(Aseaheru)-
Unfortunately B0B’s greeting to CZA didn’t work as well as he expected, as CZA seems to be running away from B0B in sheer terror. Perhaps this was just as good of a warning.

"Well, now that's a new one."

Tap the crystal.

Nothing can go wrong with this.

Look around(outside the cave)
Blankly stare at the loot item.

Maybe... Miss? Could you... crystallize this?
Hastur(ragnarok97071) + Annie(scapheap) + GLOSTER(Tsuchigumo550)-
Haster end: 4 [5(-1)]
Annie end: 10 [4(+6)]
Annie luck: -7 [4(-3)]

Upon touching the crystal, Hastur becomes a huge crimson colored crystalline structure, which could possibly be described as beautiful, before being torn apart, not being able to tell apart blood from crystals. Upon leaving the cave, Annie remembers her reward for a kill, and an unmarked crate appears at her feet. However, a strange woman soon approaches, and despite her appearing to be a human, Annie can’t help but feel a bit odd about her.

Hastur is dead.

Dismember the bug man's arm somehow with my pistol BECAUSE I SAID SO

Actually just shoot him in the face again.
"...This is...odd."

Walk towards the place where the dragon was. Quickly.
You went and did it. Good for you.

Hold his two halves together to see if they fuse back together. If not, run off after stealing something powerful.
Craig(stefmor90) + Darius(GreatWyrmGold) + SOMETHING BASTARD(Xantalos)-
Craig end: Logic error [-∞(-3)]
Reaver str: Something larger than [-∞(-3)]

Craig appears to have broken physics and explodes into a something. Okay, he just dies. Probably. Ignoring this, Reaver turns towards Darius, and certainly does not seem any more welcoming, and instead charges towards Darius in hopes of a gain in offense. Meanwhile as SOMETHING BASTARD falls to the ground, he notices Darius being attacked by Reaver. SOMETHING sees something out of the corner of his eye, and there are... two stars in the sky? No that's not right... one of the stars is black and growing at an insanely fast speed!

well fuck, shoot the iron seller in the leg joint and run, once sufficiently far away break open a few bullets and pour the gunpowder onto my arm stump, ignite said powder by removing the lead slug from a single round and firing it with the barrel placed against my shoulder facing across the wound.

If he appears again after first aid has been administered shoot him in his other wrist or elbow.

((You had to make him unkillable didnt you?))
Rozar(Unholy_Pariah)-
Seeing the deadly hulk near you, you decide that rather than fight, you should run.

Rozar dex: 6 [2(+4)]
Iron Settler dex: 3 [2(+1)]

Rozar takes the initiative!

Rozar dex: 5 [1(+4)]
Iron Settler end: 10 [4(+6)]

Rozar loads his gun, but fires carelessly, causing the Iron Settler’s leg plate to just deflect the blow.

Rozar dex: 6 [3(+4)-1](each successful escape adds -1 to your dex roll each time, or any relevant skill related to an extensive turn. Combat however, is not affected by this, but the -1 would have applied to your attack if you attacked a second time, but combat does not make the debuff worse. This system was made to allow stupidly complex actions to help game pacing. This applies to all characters, and the action is cancelled any time a roll is worse than or equal to your opponents.)
Iron Settler dex: 6 [5(+1)]

Taking no more time to try and attack, Rozar continues to run away. However, He’s a bit slow and the Settler catches up to Rozar. Rozar pours gunpowder on his stub of a limb, and reloads his gun with the bulletless round, and...

Rozar roll: 3
Bleed roll: 4

...Rozar nearly stops the bleeding, but not completely. The Iron Settler towers over Rozar, eager to not run any further to tear Rozar’s guts out.

More waiting around for a speech. Don't try to eat anything else.
Squintage(Squill)-
The guard seems to want to tell Squill something, but the sound of a heavy clap echos across the entire room. Everyone inside focuses their gaze onto the podium on the upper balcony in the north end of the room.

”Hello subjects of my fine city of Chearn. It may has come to your attention that the last year food supply has been rather... dry, but do not worry, as ever, our capable rogues have discovered the solution to the problem!”

Cheers echo throughout the room, and glasses are raised to the skies. It seems everyone but Squintage understands the situation.

”No longer will we suffer the dry meals! My men told me of the final solution! It appears a writer has what we need.”

Right as the final words escaped his lips, the entire room became silent. The once happy cheers of the men around Squintage turned into whispers. The guard that tried to talk to Squintage was completely pale, the sound of his armor plates clinking loudly as he slowly slid to the floor, blacking out.

”N-now, don’t worry, I’v-”

At that moment a voice in the crowd was heard. “B-but, sir, you remember the last time we fought a writer it-”

”DAMMIT, IT’S NOT MY FAULT YOU CAN’T HOLD UP A FIGHT”

The once composed king broke down into tears as he fell onto his knees.

”I have e-everything I could ever want in my life, I have my wife, my city, and my position as crown, but why can I never have the love of my people? W-why me?”

At that moment, everything inside the city froze. Squintage tried to stand up and run away, but he could do nothing. Ever so slowly, time resumed but something was even more odd. As time began to speed back up there was a figure materializing on the podium. And in nearly an instant, a golden cake dropped from the ceiling, crushing the crown’s body instantly. The now-materialized girl looked down at the destroyed corpse of the crown. She appeared to be a young child, not older than nine, and she wore a beautiful golden pendant.

“You’re not supposed to attack me, child. It’s the other way.” states the girl.

Squintage notices the guard behind him stand up, and run for the nearest exit.

“Oh, of course it would not be this easy to defeat the great Alfred Van Hite now, would it?”

Time stops once again, and Squintage can see a door out of the corner of his eye getting shut, as well as hearing many, many more close.

As time resumes, the crowd goes into a panic.

The girl, coated with the blood of the crown, sits atop the golden cake with a thin smile on her face.

“If I can’t find you, I’ll rip every last man, woman, and child of your awful city apart~”

With a snap of her fingers, huge demonic spears launch from the ceiling, impaling people left and right.

((In the unlikely event I meet Lilia, I'd like to point out Evil Lucky looks just like Lucky since they are alternate versions of each other from different dimensions. So Lilia would most definitely mistake Evil Lucky for Lucky. Though of course Evil Lucky wouldn't even know who Lilia is.))

"OHGREATIHAVETORUNSOMEMORE!!!!" Evil Lucky yells out after he scoops up Aurwyn under his arm and starts running away from the expanding hole.

Pick up Aurwyn (since she's slow on her own and all) and runaway from the hole. Have Aurwyn gravity float us into the air just to be safe. And I prefer a low altitude float just incase there is something that turns off Aurwyn again. I don't wanna be a 100ft in the air if that happens. Just barely off the ground would do.
Evil Lucky(superBlast)
Aurwyn aff: 5 [3 (+2)]

Aurwyn’s antigravity spell works, and Evil Lucky and Aurwyn are soaring above a seemingly endless crater that is about a mile in diameter. There’s a faint shimmer inside the crater, which twinkles almost like a subterranean star.

Head north
"We should move on"
Follow as before
Raynen(Nicholas1024) + Varen(Corsair)-
Raynen and Varen start heading north, following the coastline, eventually coming to a small mound of sand about 15 feet high. The sand in the mound seems to shift ominously, and several low growls can be heard coming from it.

to Lilia: "A lot has happened since you last showed up, but there's no time to explain right now! HOLD THIS!"
to bug man: "Rurd srek!"

Give both of them one of Random's crosses of protection, get a safe distance away, and remember the meteor moments before it hit!
Osborn(+!!scientist!!+)-
Unfortunately for Osborn, it seems as if only a single defensive cross can be summoned at a time, but he’s already created the meteor. His black armor may keep him protected, but there’s no telling whether a single cross will be enough to protect both of his followers.

Fly around and explore.
Viola(Persus13)-
In the distance Viola notices a rather jumbled looking figure cloaked in black flames. Upon closer inspection this figure also has a terrifying leg monster and what appears to be a giant humanoid bug accompanying him.

Woops, my bad. In that case, Tennant, demonstrate your abilities on one of those soldiers. I think this is a good place to get out. Exit carriage. Then say to Tennant:Hope you don't mind some company.Draw next card in a fashion similar to one in charge. (translation: Like a boss)
Zonix(Benjamaru)-
Tennant nods and picks up a pair of scissors. A few seconds later a loud scream is heard and Zonix hears a voice he doesn’t seem to recognize. “Hello my friend.”
Zonix, not realizing whose voice this is turns around to see Tennant covered with blood, along with a mouth stitched to his face.

“What’s the matter?” asks Tennant. “This cat’s got someone else’s tongue, not yours.”

ALEX STRATO SPAWNS
Alex luck: 7 [4(+3)]

Alex appears in a field, noticing something buzzing around his head. He looks up and notices his Waiver floating around above him. He grabs it, and a flash emits that is so bright Alex needs to cover his face. A few seconds later the flash stops, and Alex finds a small black gem in his hand. When holding the gem, Alex feels odd, like he is rereading his own consciousness...

EDIT:I worded 'Non combat action' terribly. Non combat action simply means anything you do that's not attacking, but STILL REQUIRES A ROLL (like dodging or blocking with your shield)
NEW RULE: In order to combat horrible awful overpowered dex and other stats (but mostly dex) I have added a new system. If you perform any roll-worthy action that is not an attack, (like dodging, which uses dex) your next similar roll in the turn (like running, which uses dex as well) will make your stat suffer -1 point, then -2, then -INFINITY and so on. Now when in combat lets say you roll a 9 [5(+4)] for dex, but you were running away the previous part of your turn. (Which is also a dex roll) This would cause your combat ability to decrease to 8 [5(+4)-1] next dex related attack OR a non combat action like doding, however this time, since your attack was a combat action it will be modified, (modified with the -1 to dex from using two dex non combat actions in a single turn) but you wont go to -2 dex because it was a combat action. However, repeating a combat roll right after a previous combat roll lets the enemy strike back with no penalty, and you lose -1 to that stat (in this case dex) anyway.

The reason combat doesn't make you lose skillpoints (unless you use them twice in a row on the same turn) is because Non combat actions is a much broader area and can allow huge amounts of exploitation unless the stats are punished, like hit and run (pretty much attack, run away, attack, run away x50) an enemy until they die. If someone has stupidly high dex stat and runs away and attacks every other action they would be near invincible without something to punish their dex stat each time they ran away.

Someone might argue that people can now make stupidly long turns, but once an opponent gets the upper hand, the rest of the turn is cancelled, (like when Rozar rolled a 6 and the Iron settler also rolled a 6 for dex due to his loss in dex from running, but since Rozar got an equal, he finished his last action and he didn't get attacked by the Settler.) and the stat dubuffs you got from the stupidly long turn will probably kill you.

If this system doesn't work and breaks the game horribly it will be edited/taken out.
Also blood loss uses a d6 to find the chances you stop bleeding. A lower roll than the bleed roll makes your bleeding hurt you more depending on how far it is from the bleed roll, and equal roll will not stop the bleeding, but wont affect you, and a higher roll than the bleed roll will stop bleeding completely. Simple luck. Bleeding works on robot character because Oil loss. Although you can generate loots that helps bleeding stop. <-Still in place

OH I JUST REALIZED -1 per action debuffs wont do CRAP to stupidly powerful characters, so each time a skill hits 10 or 20 or 30, (multiples of 10) the stat will be dropped by an additional -1. So for example, you have 10 in a skill, you lose -2 per extra action rather than -1, and a 20 in a skill will lose -3 and so on. SO YOU ALWAYS WANT THE LAST DIGIT TO BE ⑨ so you don't get the debuff for reaching the next multiple of 10.

System is obviously too complex, taking suggestions for something not so awful. Regardless the dex stat needs to be nerfed a little, but still retain its feel as dex.

MAP:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 06:05:03 pm by stefmor90 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: July 05, 2013, 07:59:16 pm »

"Hey, why are you running? I just wanted to talk...
Sit down, look dejected. See if I can deal with my hand problem, perhaps by bandaging it somehow.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: July 05, 2013, 08:05:37 pm »

Hold his two halves together to see if they fuse back together. If not, run off after stealing something powerful.
WHY IS YOU SKIP MY TURN
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: July 05, 2013, 08:06:23 pm »

Shyly step back. "M-miss?"
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: July 05, 2013, 08:07:36 pm »

WHY IS YOU SKIP MY TURN
GM HIJACKING IS SERIOUS BUISNESS, FIXING NOW

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: July 05, 2013, 08:08:31 pm »

((Yes! I'm back and not dead! I get the feeling that won't last long though.))
Hide! Quickly make a paper airplane without touching the paper, using my sleeves. If she gets close, try to throw it at exposed skin without alerting her.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: July 05, 2013, 08:16:21 pm »

WHY IS YOU SKIP MY TURN
FIXED

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: July 05, 2013, 08:18:45 pm »

Also, map by WWolin BEFORE I STOLE EVERYTHING
EDIT: Most of the map, I made the giant letters more fancy and the section outlines have that gold trim/stroke. If you look behind the huge letters, you'll see the original outlines I couldn't get out completely. Most obvious on the letter G.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 08:32:07 pm by stefmor90 »
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 159