Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 265754 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! New Management!
« Reply #2100 on: July 07, 2013, 07:30:56 pm »

I thought that was the guy with Lilia.

Anyways. That was a cheap death. I'm not even entirely sure where the meteor came from.
Nope that was just normal Lucky. I plan to have three Luckys. The Neutral one that was with Lilia, the Evil one I'm playing as now, and the yet to be made Good Lucky.

Also the meteor came from Osborn's memories which he brought back just before it exploded.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: July 07, 2013, 07:40:50 pm »

I knew that.
Why did he do that?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: July 07, 2013, 08:53:30 pm »

Nope. Definitely not a good idea.

Alex turns around and wanders in a different direction, tossing the black gem in the air as he goes.

((So I'm going to be that guy who just roams the world with nothing but a gem, ultimately getting the most plot time while getting no real power.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: July 08, 2013, 12:26:23 am »

Because I kinda sort of horribly applied stuff that should not have been applied to your last turn due to my insane game mechanics I created from the terrible rampages of insomnia, you get TWO TURNS ABSOLUTELY FREE instead of your usual one to make up for the one that shouldn't exist.

/      |______________________________________|     \
  /__________)                                            (_________\
explore to the right.

After traveling to the right for a while, Rozar feels drowzy, and thinks to himself, Why would anybody build a sewer in a never-raining icy place like this? Especially if it's out in the middle of the woods?

At that moment, Rozar's foot hit something, and he trips and falls over.

...But he never hit the ground. Rozar just keeps on falling. There is nothing around him but darkness.

As the falling continued, there was no bottom. There was no direction. Rozar couldn't see the front of his hand if he wanted to.

But there was one thing he could do.

I should sleep. There is nothing left to see.

"Where are you?"
Rozar swore that he heard a voice just then. A young feminine one, but an ice cold one. Rozar snaps open his eyes, and he realizes he is laying on some sort of pavement. The room he is in is completely dark, and as his eyes adjust, Rozar witnesses the scene laid out before him. The entire room is covered in stringy meat, as though someone wrung a human through meat grinder, gave up half way, then ate and vomited the remains, and used that as wall paint. As the rest of the room came into view, a brutal scene is spread out in front of Rozar. The wall to the right of Rozar has childish drawings and scribbles that are nearly incomprehensible, there are still-breathing humans with their limbs dismembered and attached to other parts of their bodies to replicate that of a spider, as well as a corpse in the corner with all it's skin shaved off, with its slightly recognizable face twisted in a disturbing smile, the eyes staring straight at Rozar. Rozar's stomach turned.

"Ahh there you are, I was worried."

There was the voice again, that cold, heartless voice that made Rozar's spine tingle.

The voice came from behind Rozar. Rozar tries to move to face the voice, but he can't move. His legs and arm are stapled to the pavement.

"Do you like my play room?"

The voice comes around to face Rozar. The figure that stands in front of Rozar is no older than the age of nine, and she wears a beautiful golden dress that contrasts with the rest of the room greatly.

"You were filthy when you came in. Don't you know to take a shower before you enter someone else's dimension? I had to clean you for the whole day!"

"And to think how disappointed I was, I was going to play with you so much... but you were already broken"

"...your arm is missing"

The once cold voice of this girl becomes completely enraged, which is probably not good for Rozar in any way.

"BUT DON'T WORRY, I'LL FIND A NEW ONE, JUST FOR THE TWO OF US, TO SHARE"

The door hinges nearly break off as the girl leaves the room, and Rozar probably doesn't have much time to get out before she returns.

Dimension Map:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 11:11:45 pm by stefmor90 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: July 08, 2013, 01:01:13 am »

Well fuck me... how the hell am i gonna get out of this one...

use my immense strength and endurance to pull the staples pinning my arm free from the floor then pull them all free of my body before searching for my gun.

regardless of success in finding my gun pull on the door till it falls from its hinges and search for an exit.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 01:12:47 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: July 08, 2013, 01:05:09 am »

Well fuck me... how the hell am i gonna get out of this one...

quickly check around for my gun, if i find it grab it.
Grab the door with my remaining hand and pull it the rest of the way off of its hinges then flee in search of an exit.

Have fun trying to rip your arm through staples. It's the only way, right?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: July 08, 2013, 01:06:22 am »

staples?

oh those... missed that due to massive image and small phone screen.

gimme a sec to read this on my computer

edit: okay im good now
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 01:13:09 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: July 08, 2013, 07:54:12 am »

((I'm surprised I pulled that off, except that it DIDN'T KILL HER.))
Try to reason with him. If he throws the gold chunks at me, dodge FIRST and then try to retrieve the paper.
((So, according to this new rule, reasoning is not a combat action so I should not be penalized for the dodge, but if I go for the paper I'll have -1 to dex. Correct?))
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: July 08, 2013, 07:58:05 am »

((I think he canned that in favour of an action limit))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: July 08, 2013, 09:15:11 am »

((dammit))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: July 08, 2013, 04:24:35 pm »

((So, according to this new rule, reasoning is not a combat action so I should not be penalized for the dodge, but if I go for the paper I'll have -1 to dex. Correct?))
((Nope. I killed that rule due to being far too complex, there is also no action limit, it's just standard LD currently. But yes, if it was in effect that's what would happen if the reasoning didn't work since there is no roll for it.))
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 08:33:55 pm by stefmor90 »

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: July 08, 2013, 09:20:18 pm »

"... I'm sorry."

Shoot the ever-loving crap out of those sand worms, backing away while I do so.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: July 09, 2013, 01:36:03 am »

Name: DEMONS RUN
Looks: Red hair, blood armor, bluh bluh creepy bitch.
Stats:
Strength:-----
Endurance:----
Dexterity:++
Affinity: ++++
Luck: +++
Badassery:

As a note, yes all my characters from now on will basically be a rehash of this with slightly altered stats to counter how I died last time... <_<

I swear I'll decide to use a different character at some point but I am way too amused at DR right now.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: July 09, 2013, 01:40:20 am »

Name: DEMONS RUN
Looks: Red hair, blood armor, bluh bluh creepy bitch.
Stats:
Strength:-----
Endurance:----
Dexterity:++
Affinity: ++++
Luck: +++
Badassery:

As a note, yes all my characters from now on will basically be a rehash of this with slightly altered stats to counter how I died last time... <_<

I swear I'll decide to use a different character at some point but I am way too amused at DR right now.
I've been doing that for the whole game. Deal with it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: July 09, 2013, 04:43:57 am »

Generic Insomniac jibberish: So I think I will try to make a loot generator myself and *Totally not mooch all of WWolin's generator capabilities for my own, so I don't have to worry about forcing him to generate crap all the time.

*What are you thinking, of course I will
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 159