Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3778534 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: HELLO SS4MARIO
« Reply #7665 on: August 06, 2013, 11:51:35 am »

Gosh dangit we can't exploit art errors. What's next? We can't dual-wield party members? Healing potions don't help severed heads? Weapons like the Chainlampflail are dangerous to the user as well as enemies?!? This must stop before it goes any further!

who are you and why are you not even trying to emulate gwg's sanity after carefully skinning him and wearing said skin as a coat

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7666 on: August 06, 2013, 11:51:38 am »

I think our plan was to levitate above the void and have the big wisp jump in the void.
We dindn't bring the spellbook, tough.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7667 on: August 06, 2013, 11:53:31 am »

Okay, so, should we eliminate all the l'il wisps, leave Goombess to take out the new one the Big Wisp will spawn every round, and then proceed to murderlate the Big Wisp?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7668 on: August 06, 2013, 12:00:29 pm »

Goombess: Shoot Ice-things
Ciro:Fire Shotgun
Cherish:Tap the Wisp with the Icy Shaft

If we focus our shots, we can kill the big wisp within a turn or two. Guaranteed 8-16 damage to the big wisp from the Ice Spell alone.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #7669 on: August 06, 2013, 12:04:53 pm »

Okay, I got the best idea ever.

Put spear on the ground so that it connects two platforms (with the middle hanging over the void), have the party stand or hang on the part of the spear that's over the void, wait for the BW to jump, remove yourself from the path, ???, PROFIT.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 12:07:00 pm by Dariush »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7670 on: August 06, 2013, 12:14:53 pm »

If we are going to kill the BW, we'd better do that in just one turn, to minimize the damage we recieve. Doing the math, it can only be possible if we are lucky. So:

Proposed course of actions:

-Plan A: Get out, cast "warzone", restore SP, come in again and then DPS race the BW.
-Plan B: kill smaller wisps first.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7671 on: August 06, 2013, 12:15:37 pm »

Before we start fighting:
Tell big wisp & co. about wisp-murdering searchbots.
Worst case scenario - fight we were planning for anyway happens.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #7672 on: August 06, 2013, 12:15:46 pm »

Okay, I got the best idea ever.

Put spear on the ground so that it connects two platforms (with the middle hanging over the void), have the party stand or hang on the part of the spear that's over the void, wait for the BW to jump, remove yourself from the path, ???, PROFIT.
-1 because I have no idea how strong the ice shaft is nor do I want to find out nor do I want to miss out on potential loot.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7673 on: August 06, 2013, 12:23:14 pm »

Minimum amount of damage we could do right now is 12, so we could potentially easily win this.

It might even be in our best interest to enable Alternative Combat Sequence #2:Tactical Combat So we do set amounts of damage.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7674 on: August 06, 2013, 12:33:14 pm »

Edited away. I R STOOPID
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 12:39:11 pm by tomio175 »
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7675 on: August 06, 2013, 12:57:57 pm »

Ok, let's put things in numbers:

-Icy shaft: 1d2 ice damage. Damage to the wisp: either 2 or 4. Average 3
-Icicle flurry: 4d2 ice damage. Damage to the wisp: from 8 to 16. Average 12
-Shotgun: 1d4+1 normal damage. Damage to the wisp: from 2 to 5. Average 3.5

Total average damage: 18.5
BW HP: 20

And this is assuming we don't miss.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7676 on: August 06, 2013, 01:36:31 pm »

Gosh dangit we can't exploit art errors. What's next? We can't dual-wield party members? Healing potions don't help severed heads? Weapons like the Chainlampflail are dangerous to the user as well as enemies?!? This must stop before it goes any further!
who are you and why are you not even trying to emulate gwg's sanity after carefully skinning him and wearing said skin as a coat
Most people complain when I link TV Tropes, so I didn't do it the first time. I subconsciously thought, "This is pretty obviously sarcastic. Why do I need to be more obviously so?" But evidently I was wrong.

-Plan A: Get out, cast "warzone", restore SP, come in again
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7677 on: August 06, 2013, 03:50:00 pm »

...does nobody remember FFS's statement on the true meaning of the Warren's battle system?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7678 on: August 06, 2013, 03:52:33 pm »

Tactical Negotiation. Inform the wisps that the serachbots have murdered their brethren.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7679 on: August 06, 2013, 03:53:19 pm »

...does nobody remember FFS's statement on the true meaning of the Warren's battle system?
I do. Got any ideas on how to shove floating wisps into pits? How about using the nonexistent pools of water or other hazards?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 1544