Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695802 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Show Must Go On
« Reply #10035 on: November 19, 2013, 10:01:29 pm »

Talk to Al after getting out of the water, to make sure party split shenanigans didn't happen again.

Spoiler: Math (click to show/hide)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10036 on: November 19, 2013, 10:02:14 pm »

Hmm. Maybe "Last" means that he's the last of the people from outside the dungeon?
Or maybe he's actually the last Sibling, and thus secretly Cain or something. I dunno.
Either way, maybe it's related to Proxxy having the title "First?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10037 on: November 19, 2013, 10:03:24 pm »

Spoiler: Math (click to show/hide)
Gotta love them sign errors.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10038 on: November 19, 2013, 10:04:56 pm »

And hey, now we know why we need the rainbow key. Or at least, one of the reasons we need it.

Room to the south looks like it won't level warp us, so I say we go talk to the Angel the next room down. Hi, howareya, wassupwiddisroom, etc

Al's Rubric Registrar... intriguing.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10039 on: November 19, 2013, 10:10:33 pm »

Oh look! A rainbow colored door?!?!? I WONDER WHAT KEY COULD POSSIBLY OPEN IT?!?!?!?!?!?

Watch Betweenford be behind the door, then we would have to fight him again, get another Skill Tree, and put the skill tree inside the skill tree...

Toss item to Al, check menu, hope Cain doesn't try to contact us again, wait for Goombess, enter south door

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10040 on: November 19, 2013, 10:49:19 pm »

Ask Al what's up with his "Last" thing, and what darklocking is. Also if that doesn't have something to do with how he looks.
Let him know Rilitia (wah, been too long, don't remember if that's spelt right) isn't under water there. There's a door, a box, and a gate, but no one there.
Go south.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10041 on: November 19, 2013, 11:08:43 pm »

Loot the thingy and come back up top.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10042 on: November 19, 2013, 11:57:52 pm »

Oh look! A rainbow colored door?!?!? I WONDER WHAT KEY COULD POSSIBLY OPEN IT?!?!?!?!?!?

Watch Betweenford be behind the door, then we would have to fight him again, get another Skill Tree, and put the skill tree inside the skill tree...

Toss item to Al, check menu, hope Cain doesn't try to contact us again, wait for Goombess, enter south door
Examine device. Return to surface after dealing with examination, to make sure that the party hasn't forgotten us and wandered off again.

As you approach the device, the Rainbow Door dissipates. Odd. You throw the device up to Al.

Al brings the device closer. It seems to be a transmitter or sound device.

"TRAINING'S OVER
BYE BYE OLD FORD
DOWN WITH THE KING
LONG LIVE THE LORD"

Ask Al what's up with his "Last" thing, and what darklocking is. Also if that doesn't have something to do with how he looks.
Let him know Rilitia (wah, been too long, don't remember if that's spelt right) isn't under water there. There's a door, a box, and a gate, but no one there.
Go south.

And hey, now we know why we need the rainbow key. Or at least, one of the reasons we need it.

Room to the south looks like it won't level warp us, so I say we go talk to the Angel the next room down. Hi, howareya, wassupwiddisroom, etc

It dawns on you that the only way to the next level that doesn't involve stone laser jetpack dragons or waiting for the heat death of the universe is a Hail Mary jump down a giant, sparkly pit of nigh-indeterminate length. The insanity of this "detour" is so spectacular that you spend a brief minute wondering who in all the many multiverses would be stupid enough to even consider it a viable travel method in the first place.

Oh, right.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10043 on: November 20, 2013, 12:03:28 am »

I'd protest, but I guess Cherish is slightly more despicable than Proxxy, Riltia, or Goom-Bess. And, really, Ciro doesn't know much about other people she's encountered.

Descend the shaft.
The next level won't be antimagic, unless freeform really wants to screw with us. We'll be able to heal, and then bloodshape a pair of wings or something when we need to get back up, if we don't find the stairs.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10044 on: November 20, 2013, 12:11:21 am »

Hmm...

I'd say that the next floor is probably significantly more lethal than this one. Also, I created a strategy for killing the dragon that we could try, since it might work and it probably wouldn't get us killed.

Edit: Also, the message. I would expect it to be a code of some sort. Trying to figure out what it might be.

Maybe the "down with the king, long live the lord" thing is referring to an attempt to kill and replace Oric? Do we know of any lords? Also, the device probably has something to do with the rainbow door and the water, which are associated with the angels if I remember correctly.* Maybe the angels are trying to dethrone Oric?

*The door isn't directly related, but the key was being kept by Spira to be used by an angel-in-training or something.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 12:16:13 am by Elephant Parade »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10045 on: November 20, 2013, 12:14:26 am »

Can you dig it?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10046 on: November 20, 2013, 12:14:36 am »

Rubric Examination:

Lech: Maybe useful when we're in a pinch, and talking is still a possible way out.
Vampiric: I'd really like to know more about how Drain and Hunger work before trying to make use of it. But we should keep it in mind, maybe if he gets close to dying, again, and we get desperate.
Last: I have no clue as to what Darklocking could possibly do, and knowing Freeform, it could likely be irrevocable should we try it. Save for a day rainier than the one where Vampiric might be used.

So I'd say sticking to Bodyguard, also, how are we going to reduce our party back down so that we have the fourth slot open for Riltia?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10047 on: November 20, 2013, 12:16:58 am »

Rubric Examination:

Lech: Maybe useful when we're in a pinch, and talking is still a possible way out.
Vampiric: I'd really like to know more about how Drain and Hunger work before trying to make use of it. But we should keep it in mind, maybe if he gets close to dying, again, and we get desperate.
Last: I have no clue as to what Darklocking could possibly do, and knowing Freeform, it could likely be irrevocable should we try it. Save for a day rainier than the one where Vampiric might be used.

So I'd say sticking to Bodyguard, also, how are we going to reduce our party back down so that we have the fourth slot open for Riltia?

Wouldn't Riltia just end up in the passive party? We could also shift somebody else there.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10048 on: November 20, 2013, 12:19:25 am »

Considering the Hellyfish is blocking the door that we need for a Dragon Bypass, the only real option is shafting... unless we really wanted to try breaking through a wall.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10049 on: November 20, 2013, 12:24:16 am »

Yeah, I don't like the odds of us fighting that stone dragon.

To the Depths of the Unknown!

Well, there is another way out, but I think that this is better.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 1544