Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 83940 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #690 on: March 13, 2013, 08:28:08 pm »

As the Catalyst moves in towards the planet, it reached out with its mind feeling out this new universe and its inhabitants.  Many beings of power dwelled here; spread out and ruling over there domains like mortal kings.  There was also a strange being nearby, somehow similar to the Catalyst in ways it did not understand.  Locked away in a cage like an animal and screaming for release with its hunger permeable.  Interesting, the being hungered.  An emotion beyond it's control and so they locked it away like that would suffice as a permanent solution.  Perhaps in time we shall cure him of his hunger.

A mortal in particular took the Catalyst's interest more than others though... A dwarf, Gren?  Not a god but did that matter?  Neither am I.  We see potential.

Gren...  Do you hear my voice?  I have watched you but briefly and yet already... I am impressed.  You are diseased.  Sick enough that most others would be dead or at least weakened.  Yet you are not weakened and you are certainly not dead.  To most your situation would appear a curse and yet you bear it like a gift.  Your strength is profound but still... with my help you could be so much more.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 04:33:19 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 14, 2013, 02:24:08 am »

The goddess blinked. The Scholar's Moon had left the world. The Wild-King-Who-Walks had restored life to Despair. The atmosphere  had been returned by the Tyrant-Who-Burns. The Spider-Who-Watched had created a fleet and the Mirrorborn now travelled the stars.

The world was changing and improving and she had contributed nothing. How could we have not? It is our purpose! The goddess was annoyed with her lack of action, and yet she was most relieved. The others had saw to the restoration of the world; she would be able to spend her energies on the improvement of the world.

The two minds thought and debated on what actions to take; they had both agreed on the Tutelasphera, that the Choir needed to be improved and that the continents needed mending. There was little consensus on what exactly to do, however.

Harum sought to restore the continents in full; desert, tundra, forest, plains; whatever they were, she sought them to return. She wished to produce cities dedicated to the arts and sciences populated by her Choir and any who wished to learn. She wanted to sculpt the very dirt into the shapes she desired.

Ushtam on the other hand wanted to restore the continents as well; but impersonally. She wanted to plant seeders into the continents and let nature take its course. The Choir would be brought onto the Tutelasphera for Improvement.

Harum sought to create Spires of Enlightenment that would gradually and passively improve the people who lived around it. Ushtam wanted to create satellites that would scan the world periodically and cause mutations; regardless if the individuals wished for it or not.

The goddess, as always, compromised.

Major Act: Create the Coriarcii. Four slender, runed satellites shaped like cut-up infinity symbols that orbited Despair. They periodically performed a data scan of the world. Using this information, each coriarc is able to selectively enhance a individual's emotion, skill, mental ability or physical ability via a beam of light. They only fire once every 25 years, and always in sequence. The overarching goal of these satellites is to slowly improve the world via select tampering of individuals, who will affect the world. While the coriarchii are automatically 'programmed' to perform their task, they may be manually fired by Lo.

Major Act: Sing a new Song to the Shattered. The Shattered will be granted the ability to photosynthesise in any form as well as having the inborn knowledge of working/crafting complex machinery, such as that of Lo. Furthermore, the Shattered would now be able to reproduce by on-demand budding, to a limit of 3 per century. These Shattered would be equivalent to children for the first five years.

Act: Create the Hortimacina. This is a long vertically-rectangular structure that is capable of producing life and the environment required to sustain it. In effect it creates a plethora of organisms, allows some to die off, then slowly tweaks them to survive the environment. It releases the required chemicals and substances to make the environment habitable. Land it on Dwarfhome (4th continent) and allow it to work with the goal of achieving a pre-Chaos environment on the continent.

Action: Ask each and everyone of my followers if they would rather stay in their current abode or inhabit the Tutelaspera. Of course, allow them entry if they wish to enter the sphere. Make sure to show them the machine itself, personally.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 04:30:37 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 14, 2013, 04:20:49 am »

Aur-Sha looked at her freind with concern. "You look terrible, was this a result of the battle with Audon?"

Then a gleam came to her eyes, "Wait, did this happen to everyone who fought Audon?"
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 14, 2013, 05:25:48 am »

"Indeed."

Corvus raised the Staff of Crows, uncertain of Aur-Sha's intent.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:30:28 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 14, 2013, 05:32:30 am »

Aur-Sha's fiery fangs were revealed at this last news, and the hint of a smile washed over her face, "Thank you Corvus, now I can come back here anytime right?"
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 14, 2013, 05:36:59 am »

"...what do you plan to do?"

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 14, 2013, 05:39:24 am »

Aur-Sha cocked her head at that question, "What do I plan to do? I plan to avenge my father, if Udil fought this Audon, and he is as weakened as you are, then now is the perfect time to strike back for his role in the killing of my father."
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 14, 2013, 05:40:59 am »

"That is a foolish move!

Vanida still stands before him, and Udil controls the world itself! You cannot possibly win!"

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 14, 2013, 05:43:22 am »

Aur-Sha's fangs flashed at that last comment "I am not a helpless babe, I am capable of fighting, and can you see any better time to strike on the horizon?"
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 06:30:06 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 14, 2013, 07:47:19 am »

"I realize that, but you have to realize several things.

Udil-Volondor has more weapons than you and I carry.

Vanida is not weak, and she stands by Udil-Volondor.

They have an army of demigods on their side, and the entire world is at their command.

I will not stop you if you truly ignore me, but I cannot aid you further. My power is waned and I am not prepared to fight a godly war."

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 14, 2013, 08:24:52 am »

Now Aur-Sha was getting angry, the flames that had one  been dancing over her scales were now building in heat and power, and the earth around her began to melt. Then Aur-Sha herself began to uncoil her body, until she was towering over the crow god. And just when she looked ready to attack Corvus, she shuddered, and let out a great shriek of fury, one that could be heard all the way on despair, a shriek of utter fury and anger that mortals across the universe trembled with fear for ever so slight the moment as it passed. Then the flames started to die down again, and she brought her head down level to the crow gods face "Very well Corvus, I won't attack him, but you must promise me that when you believe him to be vunerable to attack, you will tell me. Corvus I am grateful for your protection, but someday I will make myself known, I will not hide in the shadows forever." Without waiting for an answer Aur-Sha slithered away, climbed up a mountain, and dreamt again.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 10:20:07 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 14, 2013, 10:41:49 am »

Corvus sighed and walked off to his small house in Ravenas.

"Just like her father in temperament. I suppose, it will be an omen."

He read a small manuscript on fighting with a quarterstaff, contemplating the future.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 17, 2013, 04:29:33 pm »

The Fathers Halls

[?] The Giants discussion went on for a while, Gren meanwhile guarded outside the room by a few giants. Finally he was ushered back in.

Dwarf we have decided. You may stay. You may use our Forges and you will be considered one of us. Most of all we will try and heal you from your diseases. In return, you will help us raise an army of these...homunculi and you will help us defeat Vanida's Armies and herself. We are sons of Thaneos. We will serve no God. None of them has proven worthy. The Giants will go to war.

Gren is accepted among the Ranks of the Giants.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 17, 2013, 05:05:41 pm »

The Wyrm Hunt

Several weeks later

Indeed the Giants prepare for War. The Father's Halls are silent no more. As the fortress ascends to the skies again it resounds with the pounding of hammers upon anvils. It resounds with the clang of arms and the sound of thousands of boots marching in unison.

In the depths of its core Gren is working Night and Day with Hyperion and the Giant Smiths to develop new and better homunculi. Enhanced with the powers of the Life Giants more specifically with Coeus and the Gift of Father's Steel they turn the homunculi from weak replacements for Golems into Machines which let the Dwarvish Constructions pale in comparison. True Machines of War, fit to take on the Gods themselves.

It is not two days after the Creation after the First Homunculi that the First Wyrms are sighted. Giant Fiery Snakes burning the straining land to ashes.

When the Homunculi is unleashed aided by the ten-thousand armored in father's steel the Wyrms meet their ends by the hundreds. Death raining from the Fortress itself,squashed underfoot by the first Homunculi and skewered by the Ten Thousand, the Wyrms are hunted and exterminated until finally even Vanida's spell on them breaks and the few remaining hide in the darkest parts of the earth, where even the gods won't find them easily.

Victorious, the Giants  fulfill their promises and do their best to heal Gren Gransson. [?] Coeus and a dozen other Fjortun do their best to try and heal Gren and they manage enormous things but even they have not the power to heal him completely. While not having an aura of pestilence anymore, Gren still infects people who he touches with his hands, cruel things riddled with pocks,rashes and seemingly dozens of different parasites. For that they grant him gloves blessed by each and every Giant of Life, keeping the illness restricted to his hands and allowing him to touch people with them on.

The Giants build the First of the Homunculi, a terrifying Warmachine made from Father's Steel and imbued with the Powers of the Life Giants and of Hyperion himself.
The Giants prepare themselves for a prolonged War.
The Wyrms are hunted down and driven into hiding in places where even gods can't find them easily.
Gren is healed as well as possible. He will now only infect people on touch with his hands. More so he is given Gloves to allow him to touch people normally without fear of infecting them.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 18, 2013, 02:35:05 pm »

Turn 9: The March of the Godforsaken

The Rift is sealed. Aodun is slain. Despair is saved. All seems well to the gods. There was much rejoicing to be had. Well not everywhere. With the Death of Aodun, Grogonos pocket dimension finally collapses and rips open yet another hole into reality. This time however it is small, almost tiny in comparison to the Rift. But what enters through it doesnt need a fraction of space a God needs. Yet still by mortal standards it is huge. Or rather they. A huge ship, part forged metal, part sheer rock, part organic matter and part filled with godly power passes through the rift. It's size incomprehensible by mortal standards. At least considering that it is some kind of spaceship. Behind it a hundred smaller ships enter, yet each of them the size of the Arks the Great Spider created. Flickering with power glistening shields made of godly power are activated. Another Figure has arrived on the Board.

Below the Surface of Despair the Dwarves return to their Forefathers Homes. but all is not as easy as it once was, most of the survivors are distraught and a whole throng leaves the lands of Udil in pursuit of their own lives and return to the surface. Many however stay and accept the gift. But as it is with Dwarves they are headstrong and many refuse to worship Udil for now. However Civilization rekindles in the Dwarvish Underhomes and Udilsbor grows with every passing year. With Vanida and Volondor brought into the fold many Dwarves turn away from the singular worship of Udil and instead start to worship a new Pantheon of Gods. The Dwarven Pantheon with its Twin Headgod Udil-Volondor representing the Light and the Dark Side of Dwarvendom, Vanida as Goddess of Love,Marriage and Mercy and Feros as the God of the Surface (in other Words God of Painful Death and Unpleasantry). Apart from that however several more Cults pop up. The Cult of Lo, A small Cult of Death mainly perpetrated by a few undertakers and madmen. Finally the Cult of the Devourer. Mainly worshipped by humans it is kept in the shadows and secrecy, so well hidden that even the gods can't find its members without using their powers actively. For the time being the CUlt is however small an inconsequential, nothing to worry aboutl.

Other Matters are far more worrying, the rising tensions between Dwarves and Humans. Dwarven Craftsmanship is far superior than those of humans and so humans are inexorably pushed into the lower echelons of  Udilsbors Society, making them even less liked by the Dwarves. The Refugees are shunned but otherwise left in peace due to them being chosen by Vanida.

Indeed among the Humans, the Cult of the Red Woman has somewhat rekindled, although it is far weaker than before the Red Sisters removed from it, the Black Sisters even shunned. All that remains are the Grey Brothers and the White Sisters, fitting more into the concept of the New Worship of Vanida as Goddess of Mercy and Marriage.

But not only Dwarves and Humans are recovering. On the Corvid Moon another Pantheon has formed. With Corvus as the Main God, the Crowborn worship is centered on knowledge. Fatianna representing the Unkown that which is to be discovered and at the same time never can be mapped out entirely. On the side Aur-Sha is worshipped as the Goddess of Fire, representing all that is good and evil in the pursuit of knowledge. And finally Kar'lan, as God of Death. His worship is weak among the Crowborn since he is representing only the End of Things, something none of the Crowborn likes to think about. The few Humans on the Corvid Moon find themselves at a far more favorable position then those in Udilsbor. Being craftier and more martial then the Crowborn they soon occupy most positions in the military and the economy. THough still relegated to serving positions their numbers are soon surpassing the slowly growing Crowborn and get another addition of numbers with the Death of Vasvaldi as those Humans he saved in the Time Bubble suddenly find themselves suddenly on the moon. However while Human-Crowborn relations work out fine as of yet, The Fire Giants dont integrate into the Crowborn Society. Several Incidents end with hundreds of dead. With the Help of Corvus they soon return home angry and distrustful of the gods.

But that is not the only concern on the Corvid Moon. Several new Cults spring up for one the Cult of Lo and for the other there too the Secret Cult of the Devourer, which is enitrely consisting of Crowborn who are drawn by whispers and promises of unending knowledge. The Cult as in Udilsbor manages to keep itself a Secret from the Gods. All that they know is that they exist, not who belongs to it nor where they worship or for that matter what they worship or how they do it.

Despairs surface meanwhile is recovering.with the Atmosphere restored, the Plant reborn and the seas revived life begins to thrive again.
The Hill Dwarves of Desolate grow steadily in Numbers and quickly learn how to use the Bogs and swmaps to their advantage. soon they dry out some of them for iron and farmland.

The remaining Shattered slowly recover in their Coastal villages which over decades and finally centuries grow and prosper into towns and finally city-states. These are however harassed by the wandering Herds of Karas still roaming the lands.

meanwhile below the Seas the Catalyst Swarm is settling down and billions of them sacrifice themselves to build a massive Hive. Inside it the swarm slowly regains its numbers. Meanwhile the seas return to life. Helped by Vanida the Seaspawn and the Squiddles are saved from Kar'lans afterlife and rebuild their civilization ever so slowly. Split in two it quickly ends in two warring kingdoms each as strong as the other.

Among them, worship of Vanida as Goddess of Life takes precedence, but a small fraction falls to the worship of the Devourer. It's the same with the Shattered although there Lo takes the role of Vanida.

In the Stars and on the Spiders Ring the Children of Sabt-Golgo prosper. On the Two Arks of Light the Mirrorborn inexorably turn into trained Spacemen and Soldiers. Outfitted with Iron Weapons gifted from the Crowborn, they patrol the stars and although other Crewmembers are accepted, few other Species feel really welcome in the sworn brotherhoods that begin to form inside the Ships.

Back on Despair more things are afoot however. It begins with a feeling of nausea and sickness inside Corvus which suddenly gets unbearable, whatever it is, it shifts and changes him, malforming him before suddenly something breaks out of him. There he stands, old nemesis and friend alike. Aldemas Reborn, gleaming in his respelendence and sucking energy from the God of Knowledge. Bound together both Gods share the same essence now and use the same power. Until the Bond is broken everything will be a struggle for dominance between the two.

in the Deadlands, other things stir, things crawl in the darkness, things beyond mortal comprehension, things that are out for souls. In the Afterlife Kar'lan notices a sharp drop of soul influx. But to venture into the Deadlands is dangerous even or maybe even especially for a God.

In the Father's Halls the centuries pass unnoticed, for in the Halls of Giants Time passes differently and yet similiar. Things do not age within the Halls of Thaneos. However time passes aswell and as the Giants have finished preparing for war Gren has entered the Council of the Brothers.

In the Orbit around Despair the Coriarcii set to their work while all this goes on. Through seletive tampering the Shattered and some individuals the Karas advance far beyond anything possible without godly help. Adding that to the gift of Photosynthesis and reproduction Shattered population soars and when lo offers them to live in the Tutelaspera all of them agree immediately.

Meanwhile the Hortimacina is sent to the 4th Continent. Strangely it vanishes off Lo's godly radar almost immediately upon entering the Continent...

Spoiler:  Entities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Bestiary (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 03:24:16 pm by Ghazkull »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 61