Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 76

Author Topic: Factorio - Factory building game  (Read 255941 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Factorio - Factory building game
« Reply #330 on: August 21, 2014, 04:55:06 pm »

After they start producing the heavy armored biters I've found that nearly all my ammo and weapon types have a negligible effect on them. Even rockets take a dozen or so hits to kill them.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #331 on: August 21, 2014, 04:55:16 pm »

Distractor capsules are unlimited. Defender capsules are the MG followers.

But yes, spamming distractors is particularly effective. Even more so when you're doing it from a car in relatively open ground.
Tossing two of them on a Big worm is usually enough to take it down.

Once you can get Destroyer capsules, you can use half as many, and stick to just walking around, as the destroyers are pretty good at taking down even big biters.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 21, 2014, 05:05:04 pm »

Just found out, you can fire weapons from a car. With a flamethrower it looks incredibly cool. (Or hot. Get it? Fire? Hot? I'm sorry.)
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 22, 2014, 08:49:30 am »

I downloaded and installed the new version.

Help? This is the entire game for some reason.

edit: fixed it by setting fullscreen to false in the config and then pressing WIN+D twice quickly. Changing to fullscreen in-game doesn't work properly and changing it back crashes the game.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 08:52:53 am by Dutchling »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #334 on: August 22, 2014, 11:50:24 am »

go post that and the logs over on the Factorio bugs subforum: http://www.factorioforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 23, 2014, 07:27:42 am »

Also try windows key + up arrow that would try and maximize the window

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 07, 2014, 02:48:27 am »

On the topic of biter nests, I deal with them using loads and loads of laser turrets.

Step 1: String out big electric poles until you're closeish but still far enough that they are definitely not going to aggro.
Step 2: Put down a small/mid pole and fill its area with turrets.
Step 3: Go towards the spawners until you draw aggro to see the aggro range then run back to my turrets
Step 4: Put down small/mid poles until the poles are just outside of aggro range and fill their area with turrets
Step 5: Remove the turret group farthest from the front
Step 6: Put down a new pole a little closer to the spawners and fill its area with turrets

Then just keep doing step 6 until you run out of turrets and then do step 5 and 6 until everything is dead. 10 active laser turrets can usually handle clearing a spawner, so 15 can leapfrog one pretty easily. For more spawners just use more turrets.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 07, 2014, 02:54:59 am »

i find poison capsules to be much more efficient the turrets

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 07, 2014, 03:09:26 am »

Turret strategy doesn't work well for me in late game when the buters are mainly of the huge variety, hit and runs with the combat knife on their nest works well enough.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 07, 2014, 03:59:16 am »

Turret strategy doesn't work well for me in late game when the buters are mainly of the huge variety, hit and runs with the combat knife on their nest works well enough.
Same here with dytech mod, with all module of that mod we get some crazy ass biters... some can tank over 5k HP and are armored like hell... one alone can soak up about 20ish standard laser turret upgraded to 3 on speed and damage boost for over 10sec more or less... good thing they are soo slow... simple put a layer or 2 of express belt and he wont be able to reach the wall... still thats a massive strain on the power lines if you are green and dont have enough capacitor. Can easily kill your power supply if a few of them point their nose and you dont have a good power system.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 07, 2014, 06:24:25 am »

Use a train to run them over :)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 31, 2014, 07:55:20 pm »

This finally got the multiplayer update! NOW THERE IS MP GUYS. WHO'S HOSTING A SERVER???

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 31, 2014, 08:38:26 pm »

This finally got the multiplayer update! NOW THERE IS MP GUYS. WHO'S HOSTING A SERVER???
How buggy is it,though?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 31, 2014, 09:17:31 pm »

About to find out! I'm downloading the alpha 11.1 right now
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #344 on: October 31, 2014, 11:11:17 pm »

I'm available for hosting MP.
Kinda picky on who I'll let in, due to the instability of MP for the time being.
Just come on into my TeamSpeak and we'll talk.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 76