Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 125160 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Down with the Evil Empire! Game Begins! Week 1, Day 1
« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2013, 07:41:30 pm »

All I knew is A) Notquitethere is too scummy to be sent on anything.
But you sent a completely random team that could have included him?

Right (you are scum)

Leafsnail: Who, other than yourself, would you most want to see go on this mission? Why?
ToonyMan would have to be playing a really weird pre-arranged bus-gambit with Nerjin to be scum, and I don't think he is.  He should go on the mission.

All of Toaster's posts have seemed strongly town so far so I'd send him too.

In terms of scum:
- Nerjin was ganked by ToonyMan and is scum
- You are probably scum due to your refusal to talk about Nerjin's alignment and instead waffling about irrelevant mathematics relating to it

@NQT please say something about Nerjin, thanks.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2013, 08:21:26 pm »

First off, I have some questions for the mod.

Glyphgryph:
1. How many times can we reject a team before a mission is failed? Is it 3 or 4 times?
If you reject 4 times, the fifth will be automatically accepted, basically.

2. If a spy wanted to know a rebel rolename, would you have told them one? Would you have sent them a role PM?
Yes. Since the flavour doesn't mean anything gamewise, I'd be more than happy to send it to anyone asking for it, name included. Obviously, the spies have their cover-flavour that would be sent instead, and it does take some of the fun out of the game, but since it's not mechanically meaningful I don't really see it as an issue if people want to clarify stuff with it.
On second thought, sharing flavour would be boring and dumb. And I can confirm no on has asked for flavour text anyways. For for Rolename, yeah, sure, I'd have no problem sharing that.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 08:33:40 pm by GlyphGryph »

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2013, 08:48:28 pm »

NQT: Because they give us less information, such as why they were chosen, etc.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2013, 09:12:37 pm »

GlyphGryph: Thanks for those answers. I've got one more question: How many votes does it take to approve a team? Is it a majority, or does it have to be unanimous? The OP doesn't say either way.

I'm not actually sure why I asked about role PMs, other than trying to see what your general position on those issues was. From the flavor in my PM, I can tell that you didn't give everyone the same flavor text, though, so those comparisons would be useless.

Leaf: Explain this "ganking" to me, please. I suspect you, Toaster, Toony and NQT are all guilty of the same logical errors, and I'm wondering if you don't all know something I don't.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2013, 09:20:37 pm »

The majority of players must vote in favour of a team in order for it to be sent into the field.

Speaking of votes, to help me keep track in the future, from now on make your title:
"Week X, Day Y - Vote: YES/NO"
Where X is the week, Y is the day, and YES/NO is agree or disagree, or maybe even yes and no.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2013, 09:39:47 pm »

Ford:
Toaster: How certain are you that there's only one role name for rebels?

Pretty damn.  No one's counterclaimed to try to bail out Nerjin.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2013, 10:45:06 pm »

All I knew is A) Notquitethere is too scummy to be sent on anything.
But you sent a completely random team that could have included him?

Right (you are scum)

[sarcasm]You caught me you sly handsome devil. If NQT had been included in the random team I wouldn't have re-rolled. I would have sent him.[/sarcasm] Let me go ahead and tell you the scum team right now shall I since I'm obviously scum for... Reasons apparently.

Leafsnail: Who, other than yourself, would you most want to see go on this mission? Why?
ToonyMan would have to be playing a really weird pre-arranged bus-gambit with Nerjin to be scum, and I don't think he is.  He should go on the mission.

... ... ... ... ... ... ... There are not enough elipses in the world for me to show my absolute shock at this. HWOW THE HELL IS HE SHOWING TOWN!!!

@ EVERYONE Am I a fucking idiot? Am I missing something? Is flavor claiming a pro-town thing to do? Jesus Fucking Christ people!

All of Toaster's posts have seemed strongly town so far so I'd send him too.
SOME of his posts have been town.

In terms of scum:
- Nerjin was ganked by ToonyMan and is scum
- You are probably scum due to your refusal to talk about Nerjin's alignment and instead waffling about irrelevant mathematics relating to it.

Unfamiliar with the term Ganked. Please though enlgihten me, HOw am I scum? I beg of you. PLEAAAASE tell me why I'm scum. I don't care what your reason is. Anything as long as it's not that "Didn't flavor claim" bull-shit.

@NQT please say something about Nerjin, thanks.

He already did.

Ford
NQT: If you had to organize a team of 3 right now, who would it be and why?
Probably be: Toaster, ToonyMan and NQT. They don't seem as scummy as, say, Nerjin, and are active enough to be worth grilling if the mission fails. Picking myself is obvious, as it greatly reduces the chance of bringing a spy on the mission.

Dariush
NQT:  What is your view of the new team?
I don't have a strong read on DS and Tiruin yet, but Toaster seems okay. Not the most ideal, but good enough to get going with.

On that note:

ZU: Why don't you like random votes?

DS: Deathsword, me old buddy, me old pal. I'm not even going to bother questioning you because you must be a fellow freedom fighter...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin: What would your strategy be if you were a spy?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2013, 10:52:22 pm »

I see.

Frankly, I think ToonyMan is a loony, and anyone who buys into his argument must be high on something. Because I don't see how "What's a two word phrase that means rebel?" translates to "What's your role name?"

I didn't even realize my rolename was Freedom Fighter until ToonyMan pointed it out. I read my entire role PM but all I remembered from it was "I'm town".

The fact that all four of you are pushing it so much is making a pretty strong case to me that you're all spies, because rebels would have the perspective to realize how full of holes it is.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2013, 10:57:14 pm »

EBWOP: That was supposed to follow Toaster's post.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2013, 11:15:36 pm »

Spoiler: Exhibit A (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Exhibit B (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Exhibit C (click to show/hide)

1. ToonyMan said he would accept "any similar sounding name" but his original question assumed that the role name would be two words long. If he was expecting that there might be multiple role names, there's no reason to assume they're all two words long ... unless he knows all possible role names -- which means he must have asked GlyphGryph, because nothing like that was ever mentioned in-thread.
2. If it's possible that there were multiple role names, then there's no reason for Nerjin to assume that another rebel would have the same role name as him, and thus giving his own rolename as a response doesn't make sense.
3. ToonyMan dropped the name six times before he asked Nerjin the question. By that time, anyone would have realized that Freedom Fighter was a role name, especially since he capitalized it that way. Nerjin's failure to recognize the significance isn't because he didn't know the rolename. If anything, it's because he saw them as interchangeable.
Corollary: ToonyMan used the term Freedom Fighter instead of Rebel, as clearly shown in Exhibit B. It is any surprise then, that when Nerjin read his later posts, he didn't see any special significance in the use of the rolename? ToonyMan used it like it was interchangeable, so Nerjin treated it like it was interchangeable. ToonyMan effectively stripped it of any special meaning.

So, to summarize, ToonyMan is a loony, and is probably a spy who asked the mod for a rolename and then dropped it like crazy. I'm totally at a loss as to why three other players (two of them very competent) are so eager to suck up to this guy. But I'm betting that at least a couple of you are buddying scumbags.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2013, 03:52:59 am »

Moderator: Can you tell us the names of all possible rebel roles?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2013, 07:47:01 am »

Request Replacement

University calls, and I've to answer.

I guess I can make this game. It is GG's unconventional ones (very sorry Leafsnail :/)

[Sorry for my absence, I kept on saying to myself to put down that post, put down that post...]

Anyway:
Reply #31: @Tiruin: If you were a spy who would you want on your team?
> Those veteran players who know, or at least can guess muchly on how their partners would act in sabotaging or not: namely...err, the veterans? Leafsnail for his shrewdness, Toaster for his cunning and ToonyMan for being able to cause utter chaos and slip out of it like a snake.

#34: If you were scum, which mission would you want to go on first?  (IE: Would you want to go on the first mission or wait till a later one?)

> The first one or...whichever one I am picked in - meaning wait, or go.

PPE: Re-read everything now. Yay for first team. I said yes to the vote by the way.

Query: Why all the debate about the current roster, their feels and how a team would work without any obvious results in the first place?

#104: Tiruin: What would your strategy be if you were a spy?

> First of all, I'd like to ensure if the people I'm with know my playstyle. If any RVS questions reflect on my choice given in a situation in the mission, I'd be honest. If any other questions ask me who I was, will do, shall do, and will pick, I'll be honest. Because I don't think I'll get away with lying in any situation here at all (null tells such as "Are you a Freedom Fighter" will always be answered with yes because...yeah, null.)

So, seeing as I'm in the first team, I'd sabotage if I was a spy.

Deathsword
Toaster

Now if any of these two were spies, I'd just sabotage instead - much easier to let an experienced person hide away and play their day game with all the debate, assumptions and all given what has been said.

But...yeah, always going for sabotage here.

Also on those role names? I can confirm they are what they are as said on the OP, though they're in synonym-ish form.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2013, 11:09:15 am »

Request replacement

I am sorry, but I don't think I can run a BM and play in two games at the same time, especially since I have to finish a project I've been delaying for a long time. I apologize for any inconvenience this request might cause.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 12, 2013, 11:58:07 am »

Tiruin: You said yes just because you're in the mission?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2013, 03:07:58 pm »

2. If a spy wanted to know a rebel rolename, would you have told them one? Would you have sent them a role PM?
Yes. Since the flavour doesn't mean anything gamewise, I'd be more than happy to send it to anyone asking for it, name included. Obviously, the spies have their cover-flavour that would be sent instead, and it does take some of the fun out of the game, but since it's not mechanically meaningful I don't really see it as an issue if people want to clarify stuff with it.
On second thought, sharing flavour would be boring and dumb. And I can confirm no on has asked for flavour text anyways. For for Rolename, yeah, sure, I'd have no problem sharing that.
That's good, because I included a phrase from my flavor in my first post.  Although Ford says here that all role flavors are probably different?  It's possible, I tried grabbing the words that stood out the most.

The fact that all four of you are pushing it so much is making a pretty strong case to me that you're all spies, because rebels would have the perspective to realize how full of holes it is.
And you're defending Nerjin because you're a spy as well isn't more likely?  Smaller conspiracies trump larger ones.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 67