Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 559

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread  (Read 408458 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread
« Reply #1950 on: April 30, 2013, 06:30:29 pm »

As others moved around, Derick went closer to Crossbowman B and shamsir'd him. Then, the same crossbowman

Quote from: Derick vs Crossbowman B
Hit: 104-24 = 80
Hit roll: 44, hit!
Damage: 15+2-9 = 8dmg

Crossbowman B counterattacks!
Hit: 105-27 = 78
Hit roll: 1, hit!
Damage: 12-6 = 6dmg, Poisoned!

Seyena landed near the entrance. A young, tough-looking man looked at her when she told him of the incoming baddies.

"Oh, don't you worry, I'm... I was an... an adventurer, yes. Here, take one of my... spare, special blades. As I said, I was an adventurer... Thanks for the warning." He placed a knife in Seyena's hands, and she examined the blade as he closed the door - there was some strange, greenish coating on it, like tar.

Seyena gets Poison Dagger!

In the meanwhile, Gregor had another stabby javeling stab-stab at Javelineer B. He tried to retaliate, but missed Gregor again.

Quote from: Gregor vs Javelineer B
Hit: 94+5-16 = 83
Hit roll: 3, hit!
Damage: 16-7 = 9dmg

Javelineer B retaliates!
Hit: 84-5-22 = 57
Hit roll: 68, miss!

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 06:41:49 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: April 30, 2013, 06:32:08 pm »

She paused for a moment, as though considering the offer seriously.  "Very well, then."

Her mood shifts slightly, as she notes something unfamiliar that he has mentioned twice, now. 
"Perhaps we can speak of the Plague Dragon.  I must confess, I cannot say that I am familiar with it."

Tantallos nodded and rubbed his gloved hands together.

"Excellent....."

The shaman looked to the sides to make sure nobody else would hear and spoke up in a serious tone now.

"That is because the Forsakens prefers to hide their beliefs as they would affect the economy of the closest towns, and even the castle visitors would not get in. There is a long story about the Plague Dragon, it is said that he was the protector of those lands against a greater power, some said they were huge armies looking for places to take over, others said they were abominations, but one thing is sure.. he was the one protecting them, in exchange he asked for sacrifices of those who were not worth living. It was not difficult to find those as they were exactly the ones trying to attack, so they had been safe until another group came up.."

Tantallos gave a sigh and shook his head.

"This time they had bishops, priests, and Plague Dragon knows what else.. they managed to weaken him and force his retreat, they were fools! They were so blinded with the need to take places they brought a large problem over not only them but anyone around that area, the blood and the rotten skin of the plague dragon poisoned the land, and those who fell on those grounds were brought to life as revenants and skeletons and most of them are wandering and killing travellers. Even if we do not know if the Plague Dragon is alive yet, we still kill for him, we believe he will be able to give us power yet."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: April 30, 2013, 06:36:22 pm »

: "Daniel, please help Charlotte up. I'll keep these three occupied."

Have Daniel heal Charlotte with a concoction.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 08:42:14 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: April 30, 2013, 06:44:10 pm »

"It doesn't seem I can use this... maybe Chris would like it?" She wondered aloud. Poison daggers seemed right up his alley.
I need to put something interesting here.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: April 30, 2013, 07:04:42 pm »

Tantallos nodded and rubbed his gloved hands together.

"Excellent....."

The shaman looked to the sides to make sure nobody else would hear and spoke up in a serious tone now.

"That is because the Forsakens prefers to hide their beliefs as they would affect the economy of the closest towns, and even the castle visitors would not get in. There is a long story about the Plague Dragon, it is said that he was the protector of those lands against a greater power, some said they were huge armies looking for places to take over, others said they were abominations, but one thing is sure.. he was the one protecting them, in exchange he asked for sacrifices of those who were not worth living. It was not difficult to find those as they were exactly the ones trying to attack, so they had been safe until another group came up.."

Tantallos gave a sigh and shook his head.

"This time they had bishops, priests, and Plague Dragon knows what else.. they managed to weaken him and force his retreat, they were fools! They were so blinded with the need to take places they brought a large problem over not only them but anyone around that area, the blood and the rotten skin of the plague dragon poisoned the land, and those who fell on those grounds were brought to life as revenants and skeletons and most of them are wandering and killing travellers. Even if we do not know if the Plague Dragon is alive yet, we still kill for him, we believe he will be able to give us power yet."
"That is...horrifying.  Why would you worship something that demands human sacrifice?  Surely protection cannot be worth that kind of price.  I have read of such faiths in the ancient texts of..."

"...of my old home."

"But, I had thought them long since stamped out by priests of the Divine Dragon."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: April 30, 2013, 07:41:31 pm »

"Were you paying attention to what I said? "Those not worth living." The Plague Dragon looks for real murderers, those who are on the world just for destruction, do you think he was doing something bad by preventing families from being destroyed because of a bunch of coward bandits? I guess not, but most of people do not pay attention to the details at all.. they judge him by the name and appareance.. just like they do to most of the shamans, even if we have good intentions."

Tantallos looked down and sighed.

"But I guess that is something we are supposed to live with. And... what happened to your old home?"

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: April 30, 2013, 08:03:28 pm »

"Were you paying attention to what I said? "Those not worth living." The Plague Dragon looks for real murderers, those who are on the world just for destruction, do you think he was doing something bad by preventing families from being destroyed because of a bunch of coward bandits? I guess not, but most of people do not pay attention to the details at all.. they judge him by the name and appareance.. just like they do to most of the shamans, even if we have good intentions."

Tantallos looked down and sighed.

"But I guess that is something we are supposed to live with. And... what happened to your old home?"

"That turn of phrase I've heard on occasion in my travels, and has always twisted and turned to suit the speaker's whims.  Still..." and here she ducks her head slightly, "I will concede that brigands are rarely so good, and very few murderers I've encountered have been the kindest of souls.  I still cannot help but find the concept repulsive, but I apologize for leaping to the worst of interpretations."

At the mention of her old home, she shakes her head slightly. 
"My father died of illness, and I left that place soon after."
"Still, that was many years ago.  Death comes to all in the end; it's how we lived that matters, and he lived both a good and wise life."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: April 30, 2013, 08:07:35 pm »

: "Oh. Sometimes that happens too," Riven said, glancing at the javelineer's mutilated corpse.

Move to 9,11.

: "Hello. I don't think we've met," she added to Chris.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: April 30, 2013, 08:31:40 pm »

"That turn of phrase I've heard on occasion in my travels, and has always twisted and turned to suit the speaker's whims.  Still..." and here she ducks her head slightly, "I will concede that brigands are rarely so good, and very few murderers I've encountered have been the kindest of souls.  I still cannot help but find the concept repulsive, but I apologize for leaping to the worst of interpretations."

At the mention of her old home, she shakes her head slightly. 
"My father died of illness, and I left that place soon after."
"Still, that was many years ago.  Death comes to all in the end; it's how we lived that matters, and he lived both a good and wise life."

"As I said, those were willing to take over all the lands.. they were up to no good, many would have died if the Plague Dragon was not there... and sadly even with his presence we lost important people on those days of war, my father mentioned some generals who bravely passed days fighting until they could not anymore. I am sure they are in a better place now.. And you might have heard ancient and magic creatures are capable of knowing who is guilty and who is not, so I doubt he would have killed anyone who was innocent."

Tantallos pulled his hood down and gave a small smile.

"It is ok, you are not the first one to say something right away without stopping to hear the details.. but at least you understood the situation.. and I am grateful for that.

The shaman heard to her quietly, giving a slow nod.
 "Yes you are right.. and I am sure your father was a good person, I can tell it by your behavior.. after all, some of the things we know were passed from our parents..."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: April 30, 2013, 09:06:22 pm »

"As I said, those were willing to take over all the lands.. they were up to no good, many would have died if the Plague Dragon was not there... and sadly even with his presence we lost important people on those days of war, my father mentioned some generals who bravely passed days fighting until they could not anymore. I am sure they are in a better place now.. And you might have heard ancient and magic creatures are capable of knowing who is guilty and who is not, so I doubt he would have killed anyone who was innocent."

Tantallos pulled his hood down and gave a small smile.

"It is ok, you are not the first one to say something right away without stopping to hear the details.. but at least you understood the situation.. and I am grateful for that.

The shaman heard to her quietly, giving a slow nod.
 "Yes you are right.. and I am sure your father was a good person, I can tell it by your behavior.. after all, some of the things we know were passed from our parents..."
"Certainly, I have heard myths and legends of dragons, which ascribe to some of them such powers as the ability to peer into the hearts of people and there discern truth from falsehood.  As a scholar, I have found it difficult to credit at times the degree to which they and their powers have been romanticized in ancient stories, but there is a certain consistency in the stories even from widely separated cults that suggests a grain of truth.  It may well be that your dragon had this ability, as you say."

At his words on her father, she smiles briefly, if a trifle sadly, then looks away, towards the sounds of oncoming soldiery coming from the southwest. 
"In either case, I believe we still have invaders to deal with.  There seems to be another group moving up from the west we may want to help with."

Move to 11,11

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: April 30, 2013, 09:24:06 pm »

"Certainly, I have heard myths and legends of dragons, which ascribe to some of them such powers as the ability to peer into the hearts of people and there discern truth from falsehood.  As a scholar, I have found it difficult to credit at times the degree to which they and their powers have been romanticized in ancient stories, but there is a certain consistency in the stories even from widely separated cults that suggests a grain of truth.  It may well be that your dragon had this ability, as you say."

At his words on her father, she smiles briefly, if a trifle sadly, then looks away, towards the sounds of oncoming soldiery coming from the southwest. 
"In either case, I believe we still have invaders to deal with.  There seems to be another group moving up from the west we may want to help with."

Move to 11,11

"Well, all the families who were in risk of being killed during the attack survived, so it is a good example that the Plague Dragon had that ability..."

The shaman noticed the smile and blinked when she looked away, preferring to not make any more questions, he just nodded and covered his head with his hood again.

"Indeed... but I will just be helping a bit, I heard there is a shaman on the other side, I want to find out if I know him or not."

Tantallos followed her and began to look around. [12,11]

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: April 30, 2013, 09:49:31 pm »

Chris looked over his shoulder at Riven.

"You are a new face, that's true. What do you think about all this?"

he asked, gesturing vaguely with his crossbow at the battlefield.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: April 30, 2013, 10:12:21 pm »

: "Um... very disorganized. I'm not really sure what they're fighting for, nobody appears to be in charge- of each cluster, I mean- and they don't seem to have a good plan."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: April 30, 2013, 10:56:24 pm »

"In my experience, that's usually how battles are. It's pure chaos. Take our unit, for example."

"Right now, the people I work with don't even have a leader.... although I think they're going to rally around Gregor. I'd support him too if we're being honest here."

Chris looked around again.

"So how did you get mixed up in this? Local student wanting to lend a hand?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: April 30, 2013, 11:35:06 pm »

: "Something like that. Um... I've also actually been looking for allies, and a battle seemed like a convenient opportunity. The library itself doesn't seem very ambitious."
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 559