Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 559

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread  (Read 407119 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread
« Reply #5775 on: September 07, 2013, 01:15:48 pm »

"That's true, but the question, I suppose, is who will help?  You are working for a Berebian lord, but Berebia is quite busy fighting its own war with Menelea.  For all that the offensive has temporarily stalled, it is still taking much of Berebia's attention simply to keep the Meneleans from advancing further; that was large part of the reason we felt confident enough to cross the border without being spotted."

Derick's shout drew her attention, and she turned just in time to see Derick almost stumble and fall, catching himself at the last minute. 
"Oh?  Of course, Derick, I can spare a moment.  I'm sorry, Tantallos, but perhaps we can discuss this later?  It seems that your leaders and ours have been discussing it as well," this said with a nod to Gregor, Charlotte, Matilda, and Olison, "and they will likely have ideas of their own.  Edwin, thank you as well, and I wouldn't mind speaking with a fellow sage of the natural magics as well of knowledge.  Perhaps another time."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: September 07, 2013, 02:04:50 pm »

"It's about the ring that Joz gave me. I wanted to ask you if you could tell me what it does. It has to be useful for something for him to have handed it to me like that. I tried to ask back at the forest, but we got caught up in all the running and..."

Derick fumbled around in his pack for a moment before digging it out and handing it to her.

"Here."
It's FEF, not FEOF

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: September 07, 2013, 02:22:43 pm »

Tantallos gave a nod and gave a brief salute.

"I do not know about these "leaders" you are talking about, but take your time. I am just going to see if I can find a Tome around this mess, the chances are ridiculously low but.. we need more power."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: September 07, 2013, 02:24:25 pm »

"Certainly, I can look at it."  She paused, examining the engravings of lightning that ran along the ring, running a finger over the emblem of an eagle grasping two lightning bolts delicately traced into the bezel and inlaid with gold.  Testing her growing suspicion, she pulsed an invisible strand of magical weave into it through her finger, and her suspicion was confirmed when she felt it immediately echoed back, slightly magnified.  "I've heard of these in my readings, but I've never seen one for myself.  This is called a 'Zeus Ring,' and it is said to have been used to empower one's magical spells.  Since Joz gave this to you, you should try to keep it safe."  She handed it back to Derick gently. 

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: September 07, 2013, 02:33:15 pm »

Gregor fought down the urge to glare at Edwin for interrupting. Instead he gave Charlotte a quick kiss before regretfully getting back to business.

: "There you are, Edwin. I lost track of you during that mess...anyway, no trouble right now. We found a coded message that gave me some trouble, but it looks like Mia took care of it. Now we just need to figure out what to do next."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5780 on: September 07, 2013, 02:58:44 pm »

"Zeus ring huh? I dunno. With me it wouldn't really do any good."

Derick rolled the ring around in his hands, feeling the engravings beneath his fingers.

"I mean, well- As a parting gift from Joz, it would be well meaning to keep it as a memento... but something like this, wouldn't it be a greater honor for it to be used? For it to be somewhere it could make a difference in this battle? I'm no mage, I don't even know where magic comes from!"

He looked up sharply.

"Do you want it?"
It's FEF, not FEOF

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5781 on: September 07, 2013, 03:26:18 pm »

Raquel was plainly startled by the question as she became slightly flustered, her words tripping over each other. 
"Do I...I mean, that...Joz gave it to you, but...I couldn't just...this..."

She paused a moment, collecting herself, forcing herself to consider the question purely rationally.  Calmly, her voice level again, she continued. 
"I can see how it will be helpful, and we've only fought the soldiers who actually committed the deed here.  The people who gave the order for this, Lady Prixima Kesselring, she's still far away from here, isn't she?  You are correct in that it could make a difference in the battles yet to come.  Then, until the battle is won, I will bear this ring for you, use it to fight alongside everyone, and when that day comes that this battle has ended, I'll return it safely to your care."

"I'm certain that you're right about honoring Joz's memory.  Thank you, and I'll try not to let you, or him down."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: September 07, 2013, 06:38:55 pm »

"Well... We've come this far. I guess I don't really want to back out now. Wouldn't look good, to abandon a goal, right?" Valor stood, cricked his neck and looked at Seyena. It was more than a glance, nor a furtive stare out of infatuation. It was thoughtful.

"Hey, uh, you know how in stories, the hero always gets the girl?" Valor asked, the barest hint of a blush creeping onto his face.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5783 on: September 08, 2013, 12:21:51 pm »

"And where is Riven anyway? This thing of looking for "Servants" is getting old."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5784 on: September 08, 2013, 12:55:15 pm »

Olison paced back and forth for a few moments, making a clear rut in the snow. Within tens of passes, he then drew his attention over to Gregor.
: "Our next move needs to be made. If we move quickly enough, we may still be able to intercept the box towards the region of this Count Grummel. Yet at the same time, we have suffered many injuries here, we may be able to afford some rest."

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5785 on: September 08, 2013, 12:57:33 pm »

"Well... We've come this far. I guess I don't really want to back out now. Wouldn't look good, to abandon a goal, right?" Valor stood, cricked his neck and looked at Seyena. It was more than a glance, nor a furtive stare out of infatuation. It was thoughtful.

"Hey, uh, you know how in stories, the hero always gets the girl?" Valor asked, the barest hint of a blush creeping onto his face.

"Well, that's true. We have come quite far, we couldn't just go up and quit now."

At Valor's last comment, Seyena couldn't help but chuckle, her cheeks starting to turn a faint crimson as well.
"I'm well aware. But this story is far from over, and you've already got me."
I need to put something interesting here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: September 08, 2013, 05:22:23 pm »

Gregor pondered what Olison told him. As much as he loathed the thought of the box getting further away, he knew how much even a few hours of rest could help after a fight like the last one.

: "We'll rest here until midnight. Get a nice warm meal and a couple hours of sleep, at least. By then the moon should be up and the stars out, giving us plenty of light to travel by."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5787 on: September 08, 2013, 07:38:29 pm »

Valor reached for Seyena's hand, taking it in his own. "In that case... We better get cracking on that happy ending."

And I need to start being more careful. I can't let myself keep getting injured.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5788 on: September 09, 2013, 05:38:06 am »

Within few hours, all of the 'Heroes of Fierre' as the village folk named them, were feasting in a large living room of the wealthy blacksmith. They were given bread and wine, meat and dried fruits. It was almost like a celebration of sorts, but it was quiet, as almost everyone left them to their own devices, besides the village elder who often visited the house to check on the 'heroes'.

"I think that first thing in the morning, we should check if this village have any shops left. Or are we going to get a little of the track and visit Fezzan? I haven't seen my cousin for a while..." Matilda trailed off, while Anja leaned against Alexander's arm and apprently dozed off.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5789 on: September 09, 2013, 07:44:11 am »

@Matilda

: "Fezzan's a little out of the way... I love the place, but do you think it would throw us off the tracks of the box-thief?"
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 559