Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1689384 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #8310 on: July 28, 2014, 11:56:59 am »

The problem with that is that those same children are also homosexual, at least some of them are. 1 in 10? Something like that rate of incidence. It's never "Hey, kids! Be gay! It's FUCKIN' AWESOME!" It's more like "If you're gay, that's alright, here's how to make sure you're safe" to the same extent as straight sex-ed is given.

What you're saying is like saying "You can be black just don't parade around in my city celebrating your blackness." It's not something you decide to be, and even if it was, there's no reason to curtail what they can do with their lives. I think the problem here is that... Pride parades are not about straight people. That's the problem, I think. Straight people against pride think it's so that LGBT can parade around and "show off" to the straights. No, straights don't matter in a pride parade, it's purely and only for LGBT people. It's a place they can be themselves, feel safe, and know that everyone or nearly everyone there shares their perspective, or in the case of allies, doesn't hate them for their perspective. It's why people say "straight pride is every other day" because every other day and every other month is intrinsically celebrating straight people. It's like a millionare getting pissy that some folk down at the homeless shelter are getting some hot food for once.

And... Why wouldn't you let swingers adopt? What, do you think they'll tell the kids to join in? :I Is that what you also think gay parents would do? You *do* realize that being gay is like, a small facet about someone, right? And the only reason LGBT people make such a huge deal out of it is because straight people make a huge deal out of it, with lynching and beating "fags", and legislating against them and making marriage such a huge deal in society and then saying "No, you can't have it, because you're not loving the right person." It's a defense mechanism, taking this one single aspect about yourself and using it as a shield, saying "No, you're wrong, this is who I am, there's nothing to be ashamed about!" But because it's such a small aspect, in day-to-day life, a gay adopted parent won't be focusing on much more on LGBT-related things than a particularly liberal-minded straight adoptive parent. It's only one aspect about them as a person, and as a parent. Plus, there's such a huge problem with unwanted children that telling the ONE DEMOGRAPHIC that is almost guaranteed to adopt if they want kids that "No, you can't have any" is hurting all the homeless and un-adopted youth.

Edit: Bolded because important.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 12:00:29 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: July 28, 2014, 11:58:20 am »

can we get that into another thread i want my russia vs west here so i can munch on popcorn?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: July 28, 2014, 12:17:08 pm »

that someone who is 100% homosexual is completely unable to be in a successful heterosexual, romantic relationship.
I don't know if this is true or not. Maybe it is true, maybe not. I have never seen any proof proving

Did I say that we should force gays to enter heterosexual relationships?  That is clearly  inhumane.
BTW, I know one girl that can't enjoy relationships unless her boyfriend is a "Master" Not sure that she can change that

But, as a genuine question, what is the worst thing that can happen as a result of a gay pride parade in your city? That children would be corrupted?
What bad can happen if few dozens will decide to engage in a group sex session on the street? To be honest: Nothing. But that goes against public morals and some people may find it disgusting. And don't want their children seeing it.

You, just like Beznogim, need to understand that homosexuality and things in that vein are not just a "fetish" or deviant sexual activity that can be brushed under the carpet or kept behind closed doors
It is a  sexual behavior, maybe, in some cases, innate and  can't be changed.

Can you imagine being compelled to be in a gay relationship because it's the societal norm?
Don't put words in my lips. I never suggested doing something like that

Have you any evidence of children raised in homosexual relationships growing up badly?
Badly is a wrong word. With a twisted sexual preferences that will hurt a nation. I don't believe in a bullshit that sexual orientation of parent have no influence on sexual orientation of a child.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: July 28, 2014, 12:27:35 pm »

Wait, then where did all the gay people come from? They were raised by straight parents...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: July 28, 2014, 12:30:11 pm »

Did I say that we should force gays to enter heterosexual relationships?  That is clearly  inhumane.
BTW, I know one girl that can't enjoy relationships unless her boyfriend is a "Master" Not sure that she can change that

That is very true. The same goes for pedophiles - human sexuality is such a complicated thing it's not like it can be changed.

What bad can happen if few dozens will decide to engage in a group sex session on the street? To be honest: Nothing. But that goes against public morals and some people may find it disgusting. And don't want their children seeing it.

But how can a gay pride parade be equated with people having sex in public?

Badly is a wrong word. With a twisted sexual preferences that will hurt a nation. I don't believe in a bullshit that sexual orientation of parent have no influence on sexual orientation of a child.

But do you have evidence to show that the sexual orientation of parents will have influence on the sexual orientation of the child as they grow up? The only thing that I can think of would be if the child was actually gay to begin with - then they might be more open about their sexuality coming from a household like that.

Descan sums it up though - if being gay is nurture rather than nature, and can be traced back to childhood like that, where did all the gay people come from? Considering they have straight parents.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: July 28, 2014, 12:44:32 pm »

Guys, I think the European Politics place is probably not the best place for discussing sex/gender mismatch problem. Seriously, we have thread about this.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: July 28, 2014, 12:50:49 pm »

But how can a gay pride parade be equated with people having sex in public?
Wearing inappropriate clothes is a less extreme version of it. Inappropriate is not rational here. As well as ban of public sex. No rational thinking can prove that it should be banned.

But do you have evidence to show that the sexual orientation of parents will have influence on the sexual orientation of the child as they grow up? The only thing that I can think of would be if the child was actually gay to begin with - then they might be more open about their sexuality coming from a household like that.
Here is problem of incomplete data. Nothing was proved by anyone here. Partly because scientific studying of homosexuality is too politicized.

Unless anyone will show me that some gene(s) that makes a person a (be)homosexual and lack of that gene(s) makes a person heterosexual, I will see assumption that sexuality is 100% innate as unproven hypothesis without any scientifical grounds. It may be true. It may be partially true. It may be untrue

Logic says me that human behavior is determined both by genes and what was pushed in the brain by society\experience. Usually the second part is more important.  Unless proven otherwise I will assume that it is true for sexual preferences, too.

_____
I dislike that thread, here I am at home and soon this derail will die out. If Owlbeard wish we may move that to PMs. Not that I have anything more to say
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: July 28, 2014, 12:59:32 pm »

Wait, then where did all the gay people come from? They were raised by straight parents...

Clearly Adam and even were secretly gay and the chain of gay parenthood just stretches back to them.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: July 28, 2014, 01:08:23 pm »

*Kicks mainiac and all others who wish to continue this discussion into the fiery pits of the aforementioned thread.*
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: July 28, 2014, 01:23:00 pm »

Meanwhile August is near... Why is this important?

That's why

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8320 on: July 28, 2014, 01:35:16 pm »

"7–12 August 2008: 2008 South Ossetia war"

=|
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: July 28, 2014, 01:40:24 pm »

Yeah, we remember. August 7 2008 Russia moved troops in Georgia. August 8 2008 Georgia attacked the invaders, didn't help much due to huge difference in the size of the army, quality of hardware and mobilization stage

Very similar to Crimea but Ukraine used a different strategy that saved us from Georgian Scenario

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: July 28, 2014, 02:05:01 pm »

Also, there are information that Strelok participated in one massacre  in Bosnia:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/igor-strelkov-key-mh17-crash-suspect-linked-massacre-3000-bosnian-muslims-1992-1458304

They posted a photo, claimed that one of the people on the photo is Girkin, and concluded that he was involved in the massacre, all based on a single photo. Amazing investigation skills.

This photo has been floating around the Russian Internet for a long time, long before the war in Ukraine. The person in the centre, which is claimed to be Girkin, is actually Alexander Mukharev, the commander of the Second Russian Volunteer Squad RDO-2, nicknamed "Tsar Wolves". He doesn't look like Strelkov at all.

Strelkov did take part in fighting in Bosnia: he wrote an article about his time in Bosnia in the Russian magazine "Russian Spetsnaz" in 1999. It's very interesting, by the way.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8323 on: July 28, 2014, 03:04:07 pm »

Guys, I think the European Politics place is probably not the best place for discussing sex/gender mismatch problem. Seriously, we have thread about this.
>Conflating homosexuality with gender dysphoria
>>Linking to gender roles thread
My eyebrow can't raise any higher.
You sir don't know many gay couples, do you?

*Kicks mainiac and all others who wish to continue this discussion into the fiery pits of the aforementioned thread.*
Provide a better thread.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 1393