Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 974644 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.6.6
« Reply #450 on: December 02, 2013, 11:47:19 am »

yeah, some syndromes don't have syn_class... so I was thinking using the interaction:"name" instead, if that were possible (that themselves had syndromes defined inside them).

Anyways, awesome pawsome sauce.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #451 on: December 02, 2013, 02:20:11 pm »

yeah, some syndromes don't have syn_class... so I was thinking using the interaction:"name" instead, if that were possible (that themselves had syndromes defined inside them).

Anyways, awesome pawsome sauce.

hrmmm well i really don't know enough about how syndromes, syndrome classes and interactions are associated with each other. if everything is optional, it's not really going to matter what i do if a mod author leaves the syndrome name, class name, and interaction name all blank.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 02, 2013, 03:10:48 pm »

well, to my understanding.  A syndrome is contained inside an interaction

I'll post a raw example later that shows how the syndrome is contained in the interaction.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 02, 2013, 03:23:17 pm »

here's an example of an interaction, with it's defined syndromes

these examples have syn_names, but influenza didn't... but there was an interaction:influenza... so that's why I (edit:) [was] asking if the interaction name could be used.  Then a player can filter by interactions.  However... players may never know what the interaction names are to filter by unless they see a list of them.  As you see here, the syn_name's, don't actually define the name either.  They merely have a descriptor.

Syn_class is merely used for flagging.  It's not used in the game as a description.

I think what you could do is filter by interactions THAT CONTAIN syndromes.  That way you don't show non syndrome interactions in dt.

Code: [Select]
[OBJECT:INTERACTION]

[INTERACTION:SPREAD_BLACK_PLAGUE]
  [I_SOURCE:DEITY]
  [IS_USAGE_HINT:MAJOR_CURSE]
  [IS_HIST_STRING_1: cursed ]
  [IS_HIST_STRING_2: with sores, fevers, aches and rot, causing their body parts to swell with infectious pus]

[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
  [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
  [IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
  [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:PLAGUE]

[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ARENA_NAME:Plague 1]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:bears the black plague] ## the black death is a mysterious disease - it can be reasonably assumed bubonic plague was a major component, but this mod assumes black plague to be a more virulent variant
[SYN_CLASS:PLAGUE]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:1200]
  [CDI:INTERACTION:SPREAD_BLACK_PLAGUE]
  [CDI:TARGET:A:TOUCHABLE]
  [CDI:FREE_ACTION]
  [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1]
  [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:1200]
  [CDI:ADV_NAME:Spread black plague]
  [CDI:TARGET_VERB:feel sick to your stomach:looks pale and sickly]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
  [CDI:INTERACTION:DISEASE_BLACK_PLAGUE]
  [CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
  [CDI:FREE_ACTION]
  [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1]
  [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:33600]
  [CDI:ADV_NAME:Suffer from black plague (yes, it's a choice, dwarves just never choose not to)]
  [CDI:TARGET_VERB:feel sick to your stomach:looks pale and sickly]
[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:ghastly plaguebearer:ghastly plaguebearers:plagued:START:0:CAN_BE_HIDDEN]

[INTERACTION:DISEASE_BLACK_PLAGUE]
  [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
  [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
  [IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
  [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
  [IE_TARGET:A]
  [IE_IMMEDIATE]

[SYNDROME]
    [SYN_NAME:is sick with the black plague]
[SYN_CLASS:PLAGUE]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[CE_NAUSEA:SEV:50:PROB:33:START:1200:PEAK:16800:END:33600]
[CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:50:PROB:33:START:1200:PEAK:16800:END:33600]
[CE_PAIN:SEV:100000:PROB:20:START:1200:PEAK:16800:END:33600]
[CE_SWELLING:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:1200:PEAK:16800:END:33600]
[CE_OOZING:SEV:50:PROB:100:START:1200:PEAK:16800:END:33600]
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:100:PROB:10:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN:START:1200:PEAK:16800:END:33600]
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:100:PROB:1:BP:BY_CATEGORY:LUNG:ALL:START:1200:PEAK:16800:END:33600]
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:100:PROB:1:BP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:ALL:START:1200:PEAK:16800:END:33600]
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:100:PROB:1:BP:BY_CATEGORY:HEART:ALL:START:1200:PEAK:16800:END:33600]
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:100:PROB:1:BP:BY_CATEGORY:BRAIN:ALL:START:1200:PEAK:16800:END:33600]
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:100:PROB:1:BP:BY_CATEGORY:GUT:ALL:START:1200:PEAK:16800:END:33600]
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:100:PROB:1:BP:BY_CATEGORY:STOMACH:ALL:START:1200:PEAK:16800:END:33600]
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:100:PROB:1:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:NERVE:START:1200:PEAK:16800:END:33600]
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:100:PROB:1:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:MUSCLE:START:1200:PEAK:16800:END:33600]
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 01:08:24 am by thistleknot »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #454 on: December 05, 2013, 02:23:26 pm »

yeah the problem is that it's syndromes that are attached to units, not interactions it seems. i can't seem to find a way to work backwards from the syndrome to figure out what the interactions is.

the core of the issue is still the same though, if a mod author puts obscure names (do they even have names?) for all the interactions, we're back to the original problem of identifying them.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #455 on: December 05, 2013, 02:24:35 pm »

on a side note, i'm looking for a 34.11 save with werebeast(s) to do some testing with, so if anyone has one, please send it my way.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 05, 2013, 11:58:24 pm »

bad news my friend.

Looks like next version is going to have 2 new personality like facets...

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=100851.msg4649312#msg4649312

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #457 on: December 06, 2013, 05:06:06 am »

bad news my friend.

Looks like next version is going to have 2 new personality like facets...

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=100851.msg4649312#msg4649312

yeah i saw that a while ago. i believe those are actually going to replace the current personality traits, so it shouldn't be too bad once the memory offsets are found. that's the real bad news; you're probably going to be waiting some time for full therapist functionality until all memory offsets are found...

Ggobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 06, 2013, 08:18:28 pm »

Dwarf Therapist and Mayday make DF playable.

How far after the nest release can we expect a compatible Dwarf Therapist?

Thanks
Just popping in to say that if DF has taught me anything, it's that everything is doomed.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 07, 2013, 04:34:02 am »

well, to my understanding.  A syndrome is contained inside an interaction

Syndromes can be contained in interactions. Syndromes have been around for longer.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 07, 2013, 10:40:30 pm »

Still here lots of work/guilty steam sale sampling going on rn irl sorry
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 08, 2013, 01:20:18 am »

HUGE AMAZON LIKE FEATURE REQUEST

a delay in switching focus to context menu.

I.e. when I move my mouse from one menu to another, it would be nice if there was a delay when I go outside of the menu to drop the menu.  Like say a 3 second delay.  That way, I can drag my mouse towards (as is, once I leave the menu box's, the MENU'S COLLAPSE)  the menu and pick the item I want without having to stay within the boundaries of the menu's when I wish to make my selection.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #462 on: December 08, 2013, 06:51:22 am »

HUGE AMAZON LIKE FEATURE REQUEST

a delay in switching focus to context menu.

I.e. when I move my mouse from one menu to another, it would be nice if there was a delay when I go outside of the menu to drop the menu.  Like say a 3 second delay.  That way, I can drag my mouse towards (as is, once I leave the menu box's, the MENU'S COLLAPSE)  the menu and pick the item I want without having to stay within the boundaries of the menu's when I wish to make my selection.

is this on windows? i'm not sure what behaviour you're referring to. when i right click on a dwarf, the menu appears, i can freely move the mouse around to the sub-menus, move the mouse away from the context menu entirely, and it doesn't close.

is that the menu/behaviour you're talking about, or something else?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 08, 2013, 12:53:28 pm »

when i try to apply an opt plan and my mouse goes outside of the menu. the menu collapses.  its annoying as i try to drag the mouse cursor at a 45 degree angle to select an option in the submenu but im forced to consciously remember the menu behavior and have to keep the cursor inside the menus (ie drag the cursor 90 degrees to stay inside the menus/submenus)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #464 on: December 08, 2013, 01:45:20 pm »

when i try to apply an opt plan and my mouse goes outside of the menu. the menu collapses.  its annoying as i try to drag the mouse cursor at a 45 degree angle to select an option in the submenu but im forced to consciously remember the menu behavior and have to keep the cursor inside the menus (ie drag the cursor 90 degrees to stay inside the menus/submenus)
ok so we're talking about the optimize button's dropdown list on the main toolbar then? i still can't reproduce this. if i click on the arrow to show the list of optimization plans, it stays there. i can move my mouse outside of the menu or wherever, and it doesn't close.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 222