Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 974552 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.23.2 | DF 40.04
« Reply #990 on: July 22, 2014, 04:40:02 pm »

new version is up on dffd.

Patch Notes
  • adjusted preferences to even out roles with many preferences vs those with very few
  • conflicting traits and beliefs are now shown in the dwarf detail pane (highlighted in red) along with their full descriptions of the conflict
  • fixed active squads not showing up
  • removed the background colors and used them for the text color in the dwarf details pane (rust, moodable skill, beliefs, goals) to prevent a rainbow atrocity
  • trait cells are now highlighted with a dynamic opacity border (darker means more conflicts) if they conflict with a cultural belief
  • changing the group by now resets the sorting to the group's aggregate values, rather than keeping the previous sort method
  • added a new thought, and support for unknown thoughts

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 22, 2014, 04:44:56 pm »

new version is up on dffd.

Patch Notes
  • adjusted preferences to even out roles with many preferences vs those with very few
  • conflicting traits and beliefs are now shown in the dwarf detail pane (highlighted in red) along with their full descriptions of the conflict
  • fixed active squads not showing up
  • removed the background colors and used them for the text color in the dwarf details pane (rust, moodable skill, beliefs, goals) to prevent a rainbow atrocity
  • trait cells are now highlighted with a dynamic opacity border (darker means more conflicts) if they conflict with a cultural belief
  • changing the group by now resets the sorting to the group's aggregate values, rather than keeping the previous sort method
  • added a new thought, and support for unknown thoughts

I've been putting out torrents for DF Starter Pack - is it worthwhile for DT too? I don't mind seeding if it's worth the time to create the torrent.

Kluten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.23.1 | DF 40.04
« Reply #992 on: July 22, 2014, 05:18:53 pm »

DT crashing save:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgvelq88rptxrjz/region1.zip
you found a new (un)happiness thought, congratulations! one of your dwarves had 'suffered through his spouse's miscarriage recently'. this is fixed in the new version.

Was using Therapist and having a good time. When i got to around 60 dwarves Therapist just suddently stopped working. I've tried closing and rebooting but nothing works. Also tried to retire fortress then unretire it. (It still works when i start a new game)
see if it's still crashing on the last (23.2) version.

Thanks man it actually works. I dont know if its because of the new version or if its retiring my fort made my king dissapear for some reason. Keep up the good work!

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 22, 2014, 05:25:28 pm »

reporting a bug by [df] reddit user McRalph

I have a "bug"?

when i use "tweak makeown" on an elf, he will be listed as an pet in DT.

ok, elves should be fine with that, but is there a way to change this?

(masterwork with 0.6.12/22.0)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.23.1 | DF 40.04
« Reply #994 on: July 22, 2014, 05:26:16 pm »

DT crashing save:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgvelq88rptxrjz/region1.zip
you found a new (un)happiness thought, congratulations! one of your dwarves had 'suffered through his spouse's miscarriage recently'. this is fixed in the new version.

Was using Therapist and having a good time. When i got to around 60 dwarves Therapist just suddently stopped working. I've tried closing and rebooting but nothing works. Also tried to retire fortress then unretire it. (It still works when i start a new game)
see if it's still crashing on the last (23.2) version.

Thanks man it actually works. I dont know if its because of the new version or if its retiring my fort made my king dissapear for some reason. Keep up the good work!
excellent. it's possible he had an unknown thought and due to some shoddy coding it was causing a crash.

I've been putting out torrents for DF Starter Pack - is it worthwhile for DT too? I don't mind seeding if it's worth the time to create the torrent.
totally up to you, i don't mind at all if you want to post it here or reddit or whatever.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #995 on: July 22, 2014, 05:26:59 pm »

reporting a bug by [df] reddit user McRalph

I have a "bug"?

when i use "tweak makeown" on an elf, he will be listed as an pet in DT.

ok, elves should be fine with that, but is there a way to change this?

(masterwork with 0.6.12/22.0)
need the save

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 22, 2014, 09:01:30 pm »

Hey Splinterz,

I downloaded a clean version of the Dwarf Fortress starter pack and I'm seeing custom hexes defined under "Grid Colors" and "Nobles" in the Options menu. I assume these are new defaults? If so they should be treated as such in the settings.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 22, 2014, 09:24:21 pm »

DT_Guide has now been posted to a GitHub repo, here: https://github.com/ResidentMario/DT_Guide/.

I'm not a computer science major, just a hobbyist, though, so my ability to handle Git and GitHub is quite limited.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: July 22, 2014, 10:26:01 pm »

I've been pretty useless finding offsets (Quietust is so much smarter than me...), but I've made progress on the custom-group stuff.

I can create custom groups, assign dwarves to one or more, delete groups, sort/group by custom group in the display, and save/restore group names between sessions.

My plan is that group names are global (like custom professions), but that dwarf-to-group assignments are stored per-fortress, keyed off the name of the fortress and maybe some other unique thing I can extract easily. (I don't want to dork around with finding the save dir yet, but that's probably where I should end up.)

I'll put up a pull request for review when I get the last bit wrapped up, but I had one question for now: to get the fortress name I need to wait until DFInstance is populated, which is after settings are normally read. One option is to load them all from the settings file and then use whichever ones when we connect. The other, which I prefer and which will fit better with the save-dir future, is to add a hook that gets called after connecting to DF, which will pull the right group info out of the settings file (I'd ignore it on the initial load). Splinterz, does that sound OK to you?

(Also, clang pointed out two warnings that look legit -- the code happens to work, but what's expressed is almost certainly not what's meant. I'll post a separate PR for those.)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 22, 2014, 10:39:06 pm »

I've been pretty useless finding offsets (Quietust is so much smarter than me...), but I've made progress on the custom-group stuff.

I can create custom groups, assign dwarves to one or more, delete groups, sort/group by custom group in the display, and save/restore group names between sessions.

My plan is that group names are global (like custom professions), but that dwarf-to-group assignments are stored per-fortress, keyed off the name of the fortress and maybe some other unique thing I can extract easily. (I don't want to dork around with finding the save dir yet, but that's probably where I should end up.)

I'll put up a pull request for review when I get the last bit wrapped up, but I had one question for now: to get the fortress name I need to wait until DFInstance is populated, which is after settings are normally read. One option is to load them all from the settings file and then use whichever ones when we connect. The other, which I prefer and which will fit better with the save-dir future, is to add a hook that gets called after connecting to DF, which will pull the right group info out of the settings file (I'd ignore it on the initial load). Splinterz, does that sound OK to you?

(Also, clang pointed out two warnings that look legit -- the code happens to work, but what's expressed is almost certainly not what's meant. I'll post a separate PR for those.)

This all sounds very exciting.  Any way this can be tied in with dwarf's and burrow assignments?  What if a dwarf is part of two burrows?

Another idea I threw Splinterz was looking at room ownership items.

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: July 22, 2014, 11:39:54 pm »

This all sounds very exciting.  Any way this can be tied in with dwarf's and burrow assignments?  What if a dwarf is part of two burrows?

I don't know how DF would handle dwarves being part of two burrows. If it can handle that, then sure. (We'd need to do the dfhack/offset work to twiddle the burrow stuff, of course.)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 23, 2014, 02:33:09 am »

I don't know how DF would handle dwarves being part of two burrows. If it can handle that, then sure. (We'd need to do the dfhack/offset work to twiddle the burrow stuff, of course.)
Burrow management from DT would be a very good feature!
Also: on osx custom nicknames/profession names do not work, can you look into it?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1002 on: July 23, 2014, 03:42:54 am »

Hey Splinterz,

I downloaded a clean version of the Dwarf Fortress starter pack and I'm seeing custom hexes defined under "Grid Colors" and "Nobles" in the Options menu. I assume these are new defaults? If so they should be treated as such in the settings.
hrmm that's strange, they should all be that golden color and say 'Default'. i haven't change those colors.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1003 on: July 23, 2014, 03:46:32 am »

that all sounds reasonable.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1004 on: July 23, 2014, 03:55:02 am »

Any chance of a Linux-native version?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 222