Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 974724 times)

Chaosegg

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch what is done more than what is said.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.28.0 | DF 40.14
« Reply #1860 on: December 02, 2014, 11:49:03 am »

you can try these layouts for 40.19, but i haven't tested them yet.
Much praise and thanks to those who crafted us the memory layouts for 40.19!
It does appear to work!

Spoiler: WINDOWS (click to show/hide)
:-\

So... If anyone knows what to do with these and does it, could you please post a link here for those who have no bloody clue? :D
To get the windows version working I followed these easy steps:
make a COPY of one of the .ini files in your folder \Dwarf-Therapist-WIN-28.0.0\share\memory_layouts\windows
RENAME your new file to v0.40.19_graphics.ini from whatever it was e.g. v0.40.16_graphics.ini -copy
OPEN WITH NOTEPAD that new file e.g. v0.40.19_graphics.ini and SELECT ALL
then task back to the browser or where ever you have the new memory layout update text,
MANUALLY HIGHLIGHT all the text from the above spoiler & COPY it
PASTE it into your v0.40.19_graphics.ini file (using the notepad window mentioned above) so the spoiler text replaces everything that was there.
SAVE/CLOSE your notepad work on the file v0.40.19_graphics.ini
CONFIRM your new file (v0.40.19_graphics.ini) LOCATION is in the [above mentioned] folder with the other (older) v0.40.1x_graphics.ini files ...
and poof;
IT'S ALIVE!
Hurray! *dance of Therapist analysis goodness and joy*  :D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 02:20:11 pm by Chaosegg »
***Likes 'green' airships for their efficiency.***
Creative seeking other creative TTRPGers to join, or join me, for  immersive, fun, creative, team-crafted stories. Setting flexible; mostly sci-fi &/or fantasy (I know SW, MiddleEarth, DnD, & ST best, but Ulisses Spiele & Cypher System high on list too. There are a few other niche sys. like DCC, a homebrew 3.5 or Pathfndr I/II; But at this point I'd even DM or play a well-run 5e game. Let the ideas flow, and never forget the 4 pillars of an RPG!

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1861 on: December 02, 2014, 12:12:49 pm »

the changes to include gelding are pretty minimal and enabling gelding on an older version (tested with 40.18) doesn't seem to break anything.

so i'm going to add the 40.19 stuff, updated the views, and should have a new release incoming.

Zohan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: December 02, 2014, 01:28:36 pm »

Well done! I was working on it in this thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=146143.0
Looks like I was 10 off on the races offset which is why everything was breaking.
splinterz what tools do you use to find the memory offsets?
Right now I use a mix of QT debugging, WinDBG, Cheat Engine, and DF 25.00 (for corrected/uncorrected and vectors).

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1863 on: December 02, 2014, 01:43:45 pm »

Well done! I was working on it in this thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=146143.0
Looks like I was 10 off on the races offset which is why everything was breaking.
splinterz what tools do you use to find the memory offsets?
Right now I use a mix of QT debugging, WinDBG, Cheat Engine, and DF 25.00 (for corrected/uncorrected and vectors).
i cheat and run df-structure scripts  :P

otherwise pretty much the same tools you listed, when i poke around to test limitations and things.

Aftal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: December 02, 2014, 01:48:01 pm »

i haven't had a chance to look at this in detail, but the first line in the log "Dwarf Therapist "0.6.12" starting normally." indicates a pretty old version of DT.. since you're running 40.16 you should be building from here https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist with these instructions https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/blob/DF2014/BUILDING.rst

Thanks splinterz -- compiled the new version and yes, got it to run :) though it only manages to load the game state if I start it as root. If I don't, the program runs but I get the "Unable to talk to dwarf fortress" warning box. Running 'sudo setcap cap_sys_ptrace=ep DwarfTherapist' does not seem to help, neither when PyLNP asks for it nor when working from a terminal window...

Two fairly trivial notes on the compile process, but where others might get stuck:

* I first got an error because I had spaces in the path where I tried to compile, resulting in
Code: [Select]
[ -d doc ] || mkdir doc; TEXINPUTS=.:/my therapist directories had spacey names/Dwarf-Therapist-DF2014/doc/images: pdflatex -output-directory=doc "/my therapist directories had spacey names/Dwarf-Therapist-DF2014/doc/Dwarf Therapist.tex"
/bin/sh: 1: therapist: not found
make[1]: *** [doc/Dwarf Therapist.pdf] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/my therapist directories had spacey names/Dwarf-Therapist-DF2014'
make: *** [release] Error 2
This was easily solved by removing spaces from the offending directory name.

* At first compilation broke down when it tried to produce the manual PDF and found I did not have some LaTeX files. I installed texlive-latex-extra, hit make again, and then it worked out. It actually looks like the PDF was created the first time around...? I'm not sure. But texlive-latex-extra is a heavy package and maybe it'd be easier to include the PDF instead of making its creation essential to successful compilation...?

Dwarf Therapist looks impressive! :o Thank you for your work. cheers

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: December 02, 2014, 02:11:49 pm »

Spoiler: WINDOWS (click to show/hide)
:-\

So... If anyone knows what to do with these and does it, could you please post a link here for those who have no bloody clue? :D
To get the windows version working I followed these easy steps:
COPY one of the .ini files in your folder \Dwarf-Therapist-WIN-28.0.0\share\memory_layouts\windows
RENAME the file v0.40.19_graphics.ini
OPEN WITH NOTEPAD that file e.g. v0.40.19_graphics.ini and SELECT ALL
MANUALLY HIGHLIGHT ALL & COPY  the text from the above spoiler
PASTE it into the notepad you still have open (with everything selected so that your new .ini file will now contain only the text from the spoiler and nothing from before).
SAVE/CLOSE v0.40.19_graphics.ini in notepad
make sure your new file (v0.40.19_graphics.ini) is in the [above mentioned] folder with the other v0.40.1x_graphics.ini files ...
and poof;
IT'S ALIVE!
Hurray! *dance of Therapist analysis goodness and joy*  :D
It LIVES!
Thank you. :D

the changes to include gelding are pretty minimal and enabling gelding on an older version (tested with 40.18) doesn't seem to break anything.

so i'm going to add the 40.19 stuff, updated the views, and should have a new release incoming.
Sweet. :)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: December 02, 2014, 03:02:23 pm »

Fricy put up a layout for 0.40.19 on OS X.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: December 02, 2014, 03:17:44 pm »

Fricy put up a layout for 0.40.19 on OS X.
Plus seeing that splinterz tagged the code for release, here comes the compiled version. Tested only with 40.19 on OS 10.7.5.

[OSX] Dwarf Therapist 30.0 | DF 40.19
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 04:27:28 pm by fricy »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1868 on: December 02, 2014, 03:39:28 pm »

i decided to split the releases around the gelding stuff. so 29.0 is support up to and including 40.18, and i'll push out another release (30.0) here shortly for 40.19 with updated views, skills, labors and roles for gelding. it shouldn't blow up if you use the most up to date (30.0) version with prior versions of DF, but i haven't had a lot of time to test things so it's more of a safety precaution...

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.30.0 | DF 40.19
« Reply #1869 on: December 02, 2014, 03:58:58 pm »

alright versions 29 and 30 are up.

if you have any issues with the new versions, or any suggestions/comments for the new emotions/thoughts don't hesitate to let me know.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: December 02, 2014, 04:58:48 pm »

Could you add Fricy's build to the first post?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: December 02, 2014, 07:48:39 pm »

if you have any issues with the new versions, or any suggestions/comments for the new emotions/thoughts don't hesitate to let me know.
Thank you! *bounces* This means I can play DF while I don't have the internet at home for who knows how many months!  :D

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1872 on: December 02, 2014, 08:00:00 pm »

Could you add Fricy's build to the first post?
will do.

Thank you! *bounces* This means I can play DF while I don't have the internet at home for who knows how many months!  :D
you're very welcome. thanks for the continued enthusiasm ;)

i should have another minor release out soon to add a gelding column to the animal view (works like butchering) as well as a new health issue for gelding so you'll be able to see that as well.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: December 02, 2014, 08:13:07 pm »

i should have another minor release out soon to add a gelding column to the animal view (works like butchering) as well as a new health issue for gelding so you'll be able to see that as well.
Oooh. Shiny.

I'll keep an eye out of that. I should have the internet until the night of the 14th, so I'll keep an eye out.

Zeranamu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: December 03, 2014, 03:17:09 am »

Thank you!
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 222