Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 974728 times)

DeDeRon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06
« Reply #2610 on: May 17, 2016, 03:00:12 pm »

you can use the dfhack script make-dt.pl to build a new ini file for dt, but in my case dt crashed with segfault.

while i write this i just found out that there are actually 2 make-dt.pl scripts, one from dfhack and another one from df-structures:

:~/watch/dfhack $ find . | grep make-dt
./library/xml/make-dt.pl
./scripts/devel/make-dt.pl

the scripts are slighlty different and i have no idea which one to use.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: May 17, 2016, 03:38:19 pm »

Which one did you use?
The one in DFHack's scripts folder looks more up-to-date, but definitely shouldn't be there. The most up-to-date one is probably in the DT repo: https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: May 18, 2016, 02:47:06 pm »

And if you look here, you'll find newly created layouts for 43.02.

pognivet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: May 21, 2016, 01:26:30 am »

8)

Zesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: May 21, 2016, 07:53:59 pm »

How do I use this? I download what's in the first post in this thread and then what exactly?
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos

Adam Mantine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: May 22, 2016, 12:17:22 am »

Is there any way to make the tooltip descriptions of the dwarves wider? At the default width it runs off the top of the screen.

How do I use this? I download what's in the first post in this thread and then what exactly?
If you're not using Linux I think you need to download the version here. That version in that other link doesn't look like it contains any files that windows can run, judging by the list of files contained in the zip
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 12:24:07 am by Adam Mantine »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: May 22, 2016, 12:30:27 pm »

If you're referring to https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/tree/DF2016/share/memory_layouts, those contain the memory layouts that are needed for DT to access data in DF 0.43.02. You don't "run" them, but you have to download the right one and place it in the right folder for DT to be able to find it and use it to work with DF. The exact folder they need to be placed in varies across platforms, but you should the file to download should be easy to find - follow that link, look in the "linux", "osx", or "windows" folders for a v0.43.02 file, and download it (e.g. by clicking "raw" and saving it).

I don't see references to ZIP files on that page, but if you look around and find a "download ZIP" button, that is the source code for DT, which probably isn't very useful unless you know how to compile it.

(Also, there is a difference between "not using Linux" and "using Windows".)

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Zesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: May 22, 2016, 01:15:49 pm »

Yeah, windows.

I just found the memory layouts in Dwarf Therapist. Copy pasted one of the files. Renamed it to "v0.43.02_graphics" and then copy pasted the info from here. That seemed to work.

edit: It seems to be crashing when I select dwarves. Bleh. I'd rather wait for a new Therapist release proper before trying to get back into Dwarf Fortress. Tinkering with it to try and make it work isn't what I'm interested in with every new version of DF.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 01:19:11 pm by Met »
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2618 on: May 23, 2016, 09:22:06 am »

Yeah, windows.

I just found the memory layouts in Dwarf Therapist. Copy pasted one of the files. Renamed it to "v0.43.02_graphics" and then copy pasted the info from here. That seemed to work.

edit: It seems to be crashing when I select dwarves. Bleh. I'd rather wait for a new Therapist release proper before trying to get back into Dwarf Fortress. Tinkering with it to try and make it work isn't what I'm interested in with every new version of DF.
43.03 layouts for win/linux are there now. I've added a readme with instructions and links to the most recent layouts to help people with manually downloading the layout files. Hopefully I'll get another release out soon™ but I've been crushed by work the last few months.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: May 23, 2016, 05:59:52 pm »

I think I've said this before, but adding an automatic memory-layout-downloader would avoid a lot of questions about this :)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: May 23, 2016, 08:32:17 pm »

I think I've said this before, but adding an automatic memory-layout-downloader would avoid a lot of questions about this :)
Pfft... just include the memory layouts for all of the future DF versions right in the download! :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: May 24, 2016, 03:14:47 pm »

I believe the current issues are because you've set in the file itself, under Info, the Version to 43.02, rather than 43.03.

EDIT: Nope. It just tells you that it doesn't work on the version you're currently playing. Carry on.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 03:16:53 pm by Eddren »
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: May 24, 2016, 04:33:09 pm »

Yeah, windows.

43.03 layouts for win/linux are there now. I've added a readme with instructions and links to the most recent layouts to help people with manually downloading the layout files. Hopefully I'll get another release out soon™ but I've been crushed by work the last few months.
The links in the readme link to the HTML view of the ini files, which won't work. Also, are you sure about the OS X path? I was pretty sure it was inside the app bundle, which Dwarf-Therapist/share/memory_layouts/osx isn't.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2623 on: May 24, 2016, 06:45:18 pm »

Yeah, windows.

The links in the readme link to the HTML view of the ini files, which won't work. Also, are you sure about the OS X path? I was pretty sure it was inside the app bundle, which Dwarf-Therapist/share/memory_layouts/osx isn't.
I'll double check the osx path (no osx, so if someone can verify that would be nice). I have no idea what you mean about the readme link; using the 'save as' context menu as written works as expected no?

Edit: nevermind, I see the problem.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 04:00:19 am by splinterz »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: May 24, 2016, 06:48:13 pm »

DwarfTherapist.app/Contents/MacOS/share/memory_layouts/osx/v0.43.02.osx.ini
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 222