Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: Pathfinder (Dungeons and dragons) Neonivek is your DM! (ENDED)  (Read 17323 times)

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and dragons) Neonivek is your DM!
« Reply #195 on: February 25, 2013, 06:54:07 pm »

Archetypes are like sub-classes, or more specialized variant of the base class. Usually trading some of the default class abilities for different abilities.

The Cad is based off the fighter, loses some fighter abilities but gains some rogue skills + some dirty fighting special abilities.
...And by "Diplomacy" I mean "Axes" of course.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 25, 2013, 06:56:13 pm »

One of the largest problems with starting this campaign will be if I do give you free reign of the first session and let you guys do what you want.

I think perchance I should take more firm control.

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 25, 2013, 07:00:12 pm »

Are we all going to wake up in a dungeon with no idea of how we got there!?

Lorgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 25, 2013, 07:09:36 pm »

Cheers, GMichelIV. Erm, so what are Traits then? Ohgodthisissoconfusing.

Are we all going to wake up in a dungeon with no idea of how we got there!?

I've used that start a couple of times before. Once was an amnesiac sci-fi game where it turned out everyone was a fresh clone in some arcology on Titan. The other was the start of an ill fated fantasy campaign where everyone was from a galactic star empire (powered by magic) that got conquered by orcs - they had dived through a portal to escape. They ended up in 14th century Europe, I believe.

Also, Neonivek: I'm sure things will work out. The best games I've ever been in have been made up as the GM went along.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 07:35:35 pm by Lorgath »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 25, 2013, 07:38:19 pm »

Traits are mostly like your upbringing or parentage.  Like if you lived on the coast growing up, you might take Born to Water, for a free +1 to swim.

Feats are similar, but primarily 'trained' types of traits, things that you pick up and specialize on your own time.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 25, 2013, 08:03:46 pm »

Obviously some traits don't work but I had to compile most of the setting info in a week so asking me to do a full set of traits unique to this setting would have been extreme.

HECK I was originally going to make a new race called the "Molemen" and just about finish them until I read someone's story closer and noticed that [Dwarf-like race] meant... someone elses place with dwarves. It somehow felt cheaty.

If you want to use a trait that doesn't fit anymore but could make sense just PM me with it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:10:57 pm by Neonivek »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 25, 2013, 08:14:17 pm »

There is actually a race of lower dwarves already.  The Duergar could be slightly reskinned with fur and claws, or something.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 25, 2013, 09:56:11 pm »

There is actually a race of lower dwarves already.  The Duergar could be slightly reskinned with fur and claws, or something.

Oh I had the molemen stated and then I scrapped them when I realised that it wasn't a reference to a unspecified race but one "another" player was using.

A sort of a net term.

Like if someone wrote: "The Goldmen Paradise Faction were peaceful until [insert other players faction] invaded and slaughtered them"

Shame too, but I am not complaining. There wasn't an adjustment for having claws and fangs but honestly I don't consider them an "advantage" for a race.

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 25, 2013, 10:49:32 pm »

Sorry for the ambiguity! I hope I didn't ruin plans, feel free to do whatever you want with my material, I don't care lol

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 26, 2013, 04:31:09 am »

Claws add a natural attack.  But then they can prevent gauntlets or holding weapons.  So depends how you play it!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 26, 2013, 05:22:05 am »

Claws add a natural attack.  But then they can prevent gauntlets or holding weapons.  So depends how you play it!

All which adding a natural attack does is it means you don't have to buy a near useless feat that no one buys (which its only use IMO, is that mages can threaten)

As well I wouldn't prevent it from allowing either of those unless it is specific. Yet the game rarely, if ever, specifies if you can wear armor or not due to a creature having odd dimensions.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 26, 2013, 05:36:32 am »

For catfolk claws, it'd be fine, for mole-like large, fixed claws, then I'd probably restrict gauntlets.

Don't doubt your natural attacks though.  A catfolk can take a racial trait for 2 claws of 1d4 each.  Depending on the character, that can be as much as 2d4+4 on a decent attack - 10-26 damage for a strong catfolk, well, that's pretty decent.  That's also open-handed, leaving availability for grapple or disarm moves as well.

In the campaign I'm DM'ing, the kobold's summoned eidolon had 3 natural attacks, and a full round attack would rip apart enemies.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 27, 2013, 03:18:23 pm »

Just wondering Neonivek do you want us to send you a background for our characters?
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 27, 2013, 04:44:38 pm »

Just wondering Neonivek do you want us to send you a background for our characters?

Would be nice. I suspect I gave enough setting info to do a halfway decent job on it.

Also remember that I have nothing wrong with Custom content you just have to pass it by me.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:17:33 pm by Neonivek »

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 01, 2013, 07:45:24 am »

I DEMAND BLOOD.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17