Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2060236 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #17940 on: August 02, 2014, 05:06:19 am »

I like doing jobs...

Hell, before I got fedup with every objective being to kill I would do it fast, hide the corpse and go back to working.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #17941 on: August 02, 2014, 07:35:02 am »

Why anyone would not roleplay in a roleplaying game is beyond me.
Game isn't made for heavy RP, this gets just boring if nothing is happening.

On the contrary - this game isn't made for combat. SS13 combat is beyond awful, as far as combat systems go.

That said, I really like o-less antags, and I essentially played that way as a traitor anyway (notably yesterday, being pyromaniac, shooting my target's head off with a revolver in the middle of Medbay, depressurizing a decent amount of areas... and nobody catching on to the fact I was the culprit). Stealth gamemodes suuuuuck ass with heavy RP, with the classical examples being paraC4 or parasting-absorb. Uninteresting, uninvolving, cheap as fuck.

New Cult mechanics, on the contrary, for example, promote cult being visible (although as usual the reality of that might... depend), Nuke is in its very nature actiony, and with our server it might work every now and then - there's a tacit agreement ramboing is not as punishable as it is on BS12, so it involves everyone.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17942 on: August 02, 2014, 08:43:27 am »

In my mind both the roleplaying and the combat are secondary too what I always think of as the most important bits, which in my mind at least are (in order) the hidden roles game/mystery game, and the simulation. In my mind at least the roleplay is a supporting piece to the simulation game, and the combat is a supporting piece to the hidden roles/mystery game. Additionally, I think the hidden roles piece is the only actual piece of the game that is fun alone, and thus to me the sorta most important. Roleplaying wouldn't be fun without the hidden roles and simulation adding stuff to roleplay about, combat just isn't really fun at all and only is there as a sorta needed component for conflict resolution and fairly easily could be replaced. Some parts of the simulation can be fun alone, but really only for a limited time without (majorly) the hidden roles game and (minorly) the roleplaying. But, with the hidden roles game alone, well, you would have mafia basically, which is actually fun.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17943 on: August 02, 2014, 09:14:58 am »

We need Hans traitors back. Oh boy do I miss Lillian as a batfuck insane traitor who could outrobust the entire station.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #17944 on: August 02, 2014, 09:44:47 am »

Lillian Helsbrecht and Axl Blyant. The true heros of Urist.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17945 on: August 02, 2014, 11:55:00 am »

Objectiveless Antags are going to be fun. Mostly because I figure that Nuke-teams won't always go for the nuke.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #17946 on: August 02, 2014, 11:56:08 am »

Objectiveless nuke teams = Payday 2

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17947 on: August 02, 2014, 12:23:28 pm »

Lillian Helsbrecht and Axl Blyant. The true heros of Urist.
I can outrobust an Axl Blyant that has a giant recharging laser rifle 8)
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17948 on: August 02, 2014, 12:43:07 pm »

OHMYGODYESPLEASE
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17949 on: August 02, 2014, 12:44:03 pm »

I've outrobusted Lillian once.

Though, Hans may have been going easy on me :P

I'm rather terrible at the combat part of the game, but though I put all blame on the terrible combat :P

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #17950 on: August 02, 2014, 12:54:35 pm »

OHMYGODYESPLEASE

Well we have a vault, and C4... And a hostage system, cameras and a security force. Hell, we even have different waves. Sec as the beat cops, ERT as the SWAT guys and Dsquid as the skulldozers.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17951 on: August 02, 2014, 01:05:20 pm »

I don't really like objectiveless antag, it just makes me even less likely to play antag and probably scares new players away from the role because they have no idea what to do.
Also, it really blurs the line of what is murderboning and what is not. :V

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17952 on: August 02, 2014, 01:22:25 pm »

I don't really like objectiveless antag, it just makes me even less likely to play antag and probably scares new players away from the role because they have no idea what to do.

From the top to bottom.

I do kind of agree, new players might stumble around, however I think it'd help some people because, hey, you don't end up getting 'Steal a functioning AI' as your first objective and feel pressured to do it.

Please elaborate on that perhaps? I don't quite understand what you mean. No offense intended in this statement.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17953 on: August 02, 2014, 01:24:48 pm »

murderboning = excessive murder

killing off the entirety of security to stop them from wrecking you immediately = not murderboning

killing off the entirety of security to stop them from potentially wrecking you in the future = murderboning

it's not like murderboning had strict boundaries before objectives were removed

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17954 on: August 02, 2014, 05:28:07 pm »

Honestly, we've had murderbonering for months before this update, though I can guarantee you everyone will deny this.  Not like having objectives would stop people anyways.
Pages: 1 ... 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 ... 1654