Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 515055 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: North Korea Preparing For War
« Reply #405 on: March 25, 2013, 02:03:50 pm »

I think mainiac is aware that CSM is a pretty solid publication (hence the "I jest"). At least I hope he is. CSM is very well regarded in their coverage of foreign affairs.
Waiiiiiiiittt a minute. CSM. Christian Science Monitor.....or.....Chaos Space Marines?

How could we have been so blind!?
Don't be silly. Run along, citizen. Nothing to Tzeentch here.
And now on to our next story, where we join Senior Correspondent Kharn the Betrayer on the DMZ. Kharn?

"THIS PLACE IS SO FUCKING BORING, NOBODY IS FIGHTING OR ANYTHING EVEN THOUGH THEY REALLY WANT TO, WHAT IS THIS ORDERLY BULLSHIT, KILL EACH OTHER ALREADY, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GO-"

-Oookkaaay, Kharn is clearly in a bad mood today, so let's move on.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 26, 2013, 06:56:02 am »

Where is Aqizzer and his cat picture when we need him.
Aqizzar's was the Hound from The Fox and the Hound. I presume you may have been referring to this, from my ill-fated politics thread:

What, somebody has a better cat avatar than me?  Shiite and Sunni ... Nom's chain-mail kitty in full size has the tag "GOD WILLS IT" which I photoshopped to "Armok wills it" for DF but it gets clipped as a thumbnail. 

Would you share the link for the full resolution Hell No Kitty?  Pretty please?
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 26, 2013, 07:53:18 am »

Never mind (cue voice of Gilda Radner) -- found it on Google Images altho res seems limited to 800x.  That's what I get for posting before the second cup of coffee kicks in ... sorry, everyone. 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 26, 2013, 12:28:07 pm »

Um, guys? Check this out.
Can North Korea even reach Guam?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 26, 2013, 12:37:39 pm »

Um, guys? Check this out.
Can North Korea even reach Guam?

Maybe. If their rocket doesn't explode shortly after liftoff...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 26, 2013, 12:53:05 pm »

be mindful that everything will be reduced to ashes and flames the moment the first attack is unleashed

you have no chance to survive make your time

I think I figured it out. This is how the world ends.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 26, 2013, 01:02:02 pm »

Launch all Zig!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 26, 2013, 01:02:44 pm »

I think that a conventional strike on NK would be good from a worldwide standpoint. Here I mean an invasion, or at least some surgical strikes on factories and siloes. My points:

1) If the US does not do something about it (besides sanctions, UN sanctions do not really have an effect), then people know that we are too wishy-washy to actually deal with a threat.

2) NK may very well sell nuclear stuff to other countries, like Iran, or some other sleazebag little country.

3)Letting crazy people have weapons of mass destruction is generally a bad idea.

4) NK may start extorting smaller countries, giving them more resources.

5) NK would simply love to attack SK, and now they have a weapon to threaten their neighbors.

There is a South Korean exchange student at my school, so this issue is often discussed in the lunchroom. We can defend ourselves against NKorean missiles just fine, but we have a responsability to protect other countries.

DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 26, 2013, 01:11:55 pm »

That still ignores the whole 'North Korea shells Seoul to hell within the first few hours of the war starting.

We'd be able to crush them, yes, but at a huge cost to South Korea. I really don't think the US has any business invading North Korea unless South Korea decides that it's the best thing to do and asks us to help.
Come play Mafia with us!

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 26, 2013, 01:16:27 pm »

That still ignores the whole 'North Korea shells Seoul to hell within the first few hours of the war starting.

We'd be able to crush them, yes, but at a huge cost to South Korea. I really don't think the US has any business invading North Korea unless South Korea decides that it's the best thing to do and asks us to help.

The North Koreans should also have the right of self determination in that they should determine whether they are annexed by the South, join a confederation or whatever.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 26, 2013, 01:19:30 pm »

The North Koreans should also have the right of self determination in that they should determine whether they are annexed by the South, join a confederation or whatever.
either side wants to absorb the other but far as i can see NK haven't been taking care of its own citizens very well and theres no argument saying otherwise.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 26, 2013, 01:20:41 pm »

either side wants to absorb the other but far as i can see NK haven't been taking care of its own citizens very well and theres no argument saying otherwise.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 26, 2013, 01:21:29 pm »

I think that a conventional strike on NK would be good from a worldwide standpoint. Here I mean an invasion, or at least some surgical strikes on factories and siloes. My points:

1) If the US does not do something about it (besides sanctions, UN sanctions do not really have an effect), then people know that we are too wishy-washy to actually deal with a threat.

2) NK may very well sell nuclear stuff to other countries, like Iran, or some other sleazebag little country.

3)Letting crazy people have weapons of mass destruction is generally a bad idea.

4) NK may start extorting smaller countries, giving them more resources.

5) NK would simply love to attack SK, and now they have a weapon to threaten their neighbors.

There is a South Korean exchange student at my school, so this issue is often discussed in the lunchroom. We can defend ourselves against NKorean missiles just fine, but we have a responsability to protect other countries.

Gee, I remember a similar logic about how we had a responsibility to invade Iraq for the good of the world. How'd that turn out again?  ???

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 26, 2013, 01:24:52 pm »

1) You kinda are. The US doesn't have a bussiness in policing the world. That time's over.
2) Somehow I doubt that NK nuclear technology is higher advanced than Iranian. Iran has better facilitiesn, acces to materials and scientists. They're just way more diplomatic. Besides, what's wrong with Iran having Nukes.
3) Agreed. Now how about handing those things over.
4) I highly, highly doubt they'd be able to do this. NK isn't that strong, most of their borders are locked down, and China is neither tiny nor easily threatened.
5) They had those weapons a long time ago. WW2 artillery might not be high tech, but it works.

Oh, and American spear headed attack on North Korea would probably see a retaliation of China.  I highly doubt the UN would intervene in such a conflict.

They don't. Such an influx of hostile. (50 years of propaganda), dirt poor, and untrained employees would crash SK economy. Likewise, SK wealth would put NK social structure under extreme stress.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 26, 2013, 01:29:16 pm »

Gee, I remember a similar logic about how we had a responsibility to invade Iraq for the good of the world. How'd that turn out again?  ???

I'm actually wrestling with that idea. North Korea is such a brutal place that it makes Iraq look like Sweden... when is there ever a just war?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 341