Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 515047 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: North Korea Preparing For War
« Reply #390 on: March 25, 2013, 10:33:59 am »

It should also be noticed that the editorial page of the Washington post is mostly unfit even for liner duty.  Then you'd just be piling crap on top of crap and make yourself worse off.

This is different than just not reading something. This is a) not reading it, b) influencing others to read it, and c) discrediting anything that could possibly have been in that paper. This here is called "being a snob". Please don't do that, no one benefits from it.

I'm telling her not to read it because it's a bad source of information and potentially misleading.  If that makes me a snob then you have twisted the word snob to lose it's original meaning and turned it into a compliment.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 10:35:35 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 25, 2013, 10:40:04 am »

I don't know about you mainiac, but sometimes I google things like "North Korea" or "Syria" or something topical and look at the news articles that pop up. Sometimes that takes me into websites belonging to newspapers that I don't normally read, like tabloids for instance. Perhaps Skyrunner may have done the same thing? I've occasionally found myself reading Moroccan, French, Canadian, German, Australian or American newspaper articles, tabloid or broadsheet or even just blogs. 

In any case, I think this is an enormous overreaction when North Korea is currently analysing the American/South Korean plans for retaliation to any potential "Yeongpyong" redux. I don't really like making comments like this, but I think that's much more important than if we think X newspaper is shite and Y newspaper isn't.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 10:44:42 am by Owlbread »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 25, 2013, 10:45:17 am »

Where is Aqizzer and his cat picture when we need him.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 25, 2013, 11:08:58 am »

Re-railing is possible with will power.

Yes, very interesting article here about North Korea's foreign-born "Special Delegate" of the DPRK's "Committee for Cultural Relations with Foreign Countries".

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2013/0325/North-Korea-s-public-relations-man-is-a-Spaniard-with-a-tough-job

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 25, 2013, 11:23:10 am »

Aqizzar's was the Hound from The Fox and the Hound. I presume you may have been referring to this, from my ill-fated politics thread:

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 25, 2013, 11:32:40 am »

The guy's real enough, he's been interviewed a few times. I suspect he freaks out the North-Koreans themselves.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 25, 2013, 11:56:19 am »

Have to agree with with your, astute assessment of the Post. All though, they do have the best headlines (Wiener's rise and Fall, for instance).
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 25, 2013, 11:59:49 am »

Come on guys, more about North Korea. Never mind the bloody post.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 25, 2013, 12:14:53 pm »

This just in!

Dear Leader Kim Jong Il....is still dead.

(with apologies to Chevy Chase)

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 25, 2013, 01:00:28 pm »

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2013/0325/North-Korea-s-public-relations-man-is-a-Spaniard-with-a-tough-job

Christian Science moniter?  Really?

I jest, I jest
Christian Science Monitor is actually a decent publication that isn't related to the religion of its founders. And you know that if I'm saying this it is probably true.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 25, 2013, 01:29:14 pm »

Christian Science moniter?  Really?

I jest, I jest
Christian Science Monitor is actually a decent publication that isn't related to the religion of its founders. And you know that if I'm saying this it is probably true.
I think mainiac is aware that CSM is a pretty solid publication (hence the "I jest"). At least I hope he is. CSM is very well regarded in their coverage of foreign affairs.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 25, 2013, 01:35:07 pm »

I think mainiac is aware that CSM is a pretty solid publication (hence the "I jest"). At least I hope he is. CSM is very well regarded in their coverage of foreign affairs.
Waiiiiiiiittt a minute. CSM. Christian Science Monitor.....or.....Chaos Space Marines?

How could we have been so blind!?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 25, 2013, 01:58:56 pm »

Waiiiiiiiittt a minute. CSM. Christian Science Monitor.....or.....Chaos Space Marines?

How could we have been so blind!?
Don't be silly. Run along, citizen. Nothing to Tzeentch here.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 341