Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 515332 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: -More Information Pending- [North Korea Thread]
« Reply #990 on: April 17, 2013, 07:35:39 pm »

Sorry if I go on a bit about gun control (or lack thereof), it's just that I think that the ability to defend ourselves is important, especially since the courts have ruled that the police are not legally obligated to protect us.
Wait... If your police aren't there to protect you, why have them?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 17, 2013, 07:36:23 pm »

From the current topic in the thread I take it that North Korea is planning to take our guns?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 17, 2013, 07:37:15 pm »

Sorry if I go on a bit about gun control (or lack thereof), it's just that I think that the ability to defend ourselves is important, especially since the courts have ruled that the police are not legally obligated to protect us.

You're chock full of reason.
Actually, he's right about that. Certain courts have ruled that police did not have an obligation to help in the circumstances that they went to court with.

HEDGING! :D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 17, 2013, 07:44:38 pm »

You're chock full of reason.
Actually, he's right about that. Certain courts have ruled that police did not have an obligation to help in the circumstances that they went to court with.

HEDGING! :D
In the case I'm  thinking of, the circumstances were assault, rape (in the victims home, mind you), and several slight variations of those. According to one of the witnesses (soon to become a victim), after she called the police, she snuck out on to the roof to watch for the police. She just saw one squad car drive slowly by. And this was to a "Priority One" call, mind you. The point is that the police cannot always be counted on.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: April 17, 2013, 07:47:57 pm »

In the case I'm  thinking of, the circumstances were assault, rape (in the victims home, mind you), and several slight variations of those. According to one of the witnesses (soon to become a victim), after she called the police, she snuck out on to the roof to watch for the police. She just saw one squad car drive slowly by. And this was to a "Priority One" call, mind you. The point is that the police cannot always be counted on.
No seriously, why do you have police at all then? ???

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 17, 2013, 07:49:27 pm »

The court ruled that the priority of the police is to enforce the law, not to protect citizens.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 17, 2013, 07:52:23 pm »

No seriously, why do you have police at all then? ???
To take care of criminals, it's just that they can't always get there in time, and you have to defend yourself. Also, for actual policing work, detective work, traffic monitoring, etc.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 17, 2013, 07:56:33 pm »

Anybody else see the ethical issues involved in the idea of 'Own a gun and protect yourself?'

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: April 17, 2013, 07:57:23 pm »

Anybody else see the ethical issues involved in the idea of 'Own a gun and protect yourself?'
Nope. It's worked fine since 1776. Give or take a few years.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: April 17, 2013, 07:59:58 pm »

Oh no you don't. No infinitely circular arguments about gun ownership that will never be resolved because Americans and Australians have radically divergent views and cultural attitudes on it in this thread!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 17, 2013, 08:05:08 pm »

Oh no you don't. No infinitely circular arguments about gun ownership that will never be resolved because Americans and Australians have radically divergent views and cultural attitudes on it in this thread!
I believe the original derail was about a JFK/Elvis two-headed clone. Please don't change the subject.

Also edited my earlier post to reflect the suggestions.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 17, 2013, 08:10:46 pm »

O.K., guys, here's the new conspiracy theory: The bomber in Boston was actually a two-headed clone of Elvis and JFK created by the United Nations One World Order, then taken sent back in time a hundred years to fake the moon landing. While he was at it, he programmed a computer to fake Obama's birth certificate. He was working for The Illuminati, but then bribed by North Korea's alien overlords.
My updated conspiracy theory.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 17, 2013, 08:13:04 pm »

9/10. Much better!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 17, 2013, 08:14:31 pm »

O.K., guys, here's the new conspiracy theory: The bomber in Boston was actually a two-headed clone of Elvis and JFK created by the United Nations One World Order, then taken sent back in time a hundred years to fake the moon landing. While he was at it, he programmed a computer to fake Obama's birth certificate. He was working for The Illuminati, but then bribed by North Korea's alien overlords.
My updated conspiracy theory.
He will also be responsible for programming Friend Computer.

Sorry, rereading some old Paranoia books right now.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 341