Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 515253 times)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Re: Catch Some Glorious Rays On The Glorious Shores of Glorious Best Korea
« Reply #1950 on: July 01, 2013, 04:52:46 am »

Gal'Gar the Unchanging.
I have a new patron deity.
Now you see, this is exactly what I mean when I say society's morals are being eroded. There was once a time when people were all God-fearing and sacrificed a man a day to keep Quetzacoatl Critzacoatl away, but nooooo everyone wants to be an edgy rebel and worship Gal'Gar.
Mention not that pretender's name.

I can do this all day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_APoSfCYwU&list=PLYV7nsI609BUq_y6z89r4ivy-SNLB8j_i&index=13
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: July 01, 2013, 07:52:45 am »

I'm not sure if the whole "NK has soviet artillery that will fall apart if looked at oddly" thing is going to work now.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1953 on: July 01, 2013, 08:08:07 am »

I read in the news magazine SisaIn that North Korea and South Korea's talk about the whole problem that's going on right now was disbanded because South Korea protested that the diplomats NK sent were of lower rank than SK's. ._.
Oh, South Korea. You never change (to embrace good ways).

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: July 01, 2013, 08:22:55 am »

It could have been meant as an insult, and/or the NK guys were of too low a rank to do anything.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1955 on: July 01, 2013, 09:04:11 am »

Actually, NK insisted that their "kukchang"(Officer of State, most closely) is the same level as SK's "jangguan"(=Head of Department), but SK protested that they suspected an OoS was actually a "chaguan"(=Vice-head of Department). It's rather childish imo.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: July 01, 2013, 09:28:41 am »

Actually, NK insisted that their "kukchang"(Officer of State, most closely) is the same level as SK's "jangguan"(=Head of Department), but SK protested that they suspected an OoS was actually a "chaguan"(=Vice-head of Department). It's rather childish imo.

This is the essence of incompetence distilled into word form thanks to South Korea from what I read here.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1957 on: July 01, 2013, 09:39:01 am »

What irks me is that the SK gov't probably just kicked away a good chance to make up things. NK probaby thought that things were only going up from now and extended a tentative hand of, if not friendship, at the least mutual existence. Meanwhile SK continued its previous government's policy of isolation, threatening and ignoring NK.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: July 01, 2013, 11:39:43 am »

This is the essence of incompetence distilled into word form thanks to South Korea from what I read here.
To be fair, this is not exactly the first time in history diplomats have been staggeringly petty.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: July 09, 2013, 11:40:32 am »

I have found my new favourite North Korea documentary. It's called the "Land of Whispers".

Amazing shots, really enlightening. Not sensationalist anti-North Korean stuff like some documentaries, quite sympathetic in some ways. The journalist irritated me at times because he was too naive for my liking (not understanding that he might get his guides in trouble and stuff) but he did a really good job. I was really touched by some of the interactions he had with Mr. Jim, the friendlier guide who was scared of Rammstein but loved Imagine by John Lennon. The girl who spent hours playing Angry Birds on someone's tablet, just enjoying the touch screen. Great documentary.

I've still got a really bad taste in my mouth though because I'm worried about what must have happened to the guides after he put this video up on youtube. The North Korean government is trying to get it taken down.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 11:43:50 am by Owlbread »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: July 09, 2013, 01:53:08 pm »

I don't think it's that possible to make something sensationalist in regards to North Korea. The reality is beyond what most could invent.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: July 09, 2013, 02:28:20 pm »

I don't think it's that possible to make something sensationalist in regards to North Korea. The reality is beyond what most could invent.

I suppose I'm just struggling to find a word to describe some of the more hostile documentaries about the DPRK. Like that one Panorama did where John Sweeney, the BBC reporter, had the gall to walk into a North Korean public library and ask in a really snarky tone "Have you got nineteen eighty-four"? He kept asking the guides really arsey questions and had an attitude that stank. These guys have no regard for their guides/staff and how their necks are always on the line.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 02:39:40 pm by Owlbread »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: July 09, 2013, 02:46:19 pm »

I have found my new favourite North Korea documentary. It's called the "Land of Whispers".

Amazing shots, really enlightening. Not sensationalist anti-North Korean stuff like some documentaries, quite sympathetic in some ways. The journalist irritated me at times because he was too naive for my liking (not understanding that he might get his guides in trouble and stuff) but he did a really good job. I was really touched by some of the interactions he had with Mr. Jim, the friendlier guide who was scared of Rammstein but loved Imagine by John Lennon. The girl who spent hours playing Angry Birds on someone's tablet, just enjoying the touch screen. Great documentary.

I've still got a really bad taste in my mouth though because I'm worried about what must have happened to the guides after he put this video up on youtube. The North Korean government is trying to get it taken down.

I just watched this. Very good video.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: July 09, 2013, 02:55:16 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 03:06:09 pm by Owlbread »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1964 on: July 10, 2013, 11:32:19 am »

I'm not sure if the whole "NK has soviet artillery that will fall apart if looked at oddly" thing is going to work now.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 341