Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 515036 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Probably The European Politics Thread [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #3480 on: December 04, 2015, 11:47:55 am »

I liked "Jewish Republic of Turkey", myself.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: December 04, 2015, 02:01:00 pm »

I love how there's a North and South Serbia, neither of which have any overlap with actual Serbia. Because Kosovo runs it.

Also, New Colorado (Lux) splitting Norway and Sweden down the middle.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: December 04, 2015, 02:19:02 pm »

Oh my god I just noticed "butthurtbaltar (Spain)"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: December 04, 2015, 02:53:09 pm »

Also what happens after Putin dies, there are only so many times you can replace him with a double

Since we're already in full shitpost territory, here's an answer from the Russian /pol/ (or /po/, as it is called on Russian imageboards):
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 02:59:04 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: December 04, 2015, 03:09:51 pm »

Make the Vatican independent of Rome and include Sealand

I stand corrected, actually. Zooming in shows some of the Vatican territory in there. Lets rezone the area as listed. There's certainly precent in the way the middle east was divided up
Even the avatars expire eventually.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: December 04, 2015, 04:58:42 pm »

Hold the fuck up. There's a Russian /pol/?

Holy shit, I need to learn Russian. That has got to be the most amazing experience.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: December 04, 2015, 06:37:17 pm »

I've considered learning Russian for the literature, but fuck that, Russian /pol/ sounds even better than their dashcam videos and crazy protests (like that guy who nailed his balls to Red Square or something). It's like both in one.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: December 05, 2015, 01:04:26 am »

Hold the fuck up. There's a Russian /pol/?

Holy shit, I need to learn Russian. That has got to be the most amazing experience.
Russian /pol/ (/po/) has mostly been a battleground between Putin's supporters and opponents: mutual insults, accusations of being a CIA/Putin shill, "Russia/'insert country name here' is done for", "U LIE!!1!1", "+15 roubles", "PROOFS???" and other things galore. Conspiracy theories and neo-Nazism can hardly be found there, unlike /pol/. With the war in Ukraine being frozen it's more peaceful in there comparing to last year.
Here's /po/ of 2ch.hk, for example. Right now people are actually discussing world events, philosophy and troll posts claiming to be from the future when Navalny rules Russia. Back in the day, trolls pretending to be Russian MPs (with masterfully shopped proofs) claimed that Putin was about to launch a nuclear strike on the United States - a massive shitstorm ensued.

Its slang is nigh untranslatable into English, though - for example, the usual term for Russia is "Pidorusshka", and its people are often called vatniks, "rusnya" and other similarly colourful terms like pigdogs. Other nations are denoted with widely used ethnic slurs (an American is a Pindos, for example).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 01:27:16 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: December 05, 2015, 02:13:50 am »

Russian /pol/ (/po/) has mostly been a battleground between Putin's supporters and opponents: mutual insults, accusations of being a CIA/Putin shill, "Russia/'insert country name here' is done for", "U LIE!!1!1", "+15 roubles", "PROOFS???" and other things galore. Conspiracy theories and neo-Nazism can hardly be found there, unlike /pol/. With the war in Ukraine being frozen it's more peaceful in there comparing to last year.
I gotta say, aside from those two things that sounds pretty exactly like /pol/. I'm surprised at a lack of neo-Nazis, while /pol/'s NatSocs are admittedly at least half ironic shitposters and undercover shills who are never found out by the other, genuine half, Russia's far-right does kind of have a reputation...
Here's /po/ of 2ch.hk, for example. Right now people are actually discussing world events, philosophy and troll posts claiming to be from the future when Navalny rules Russia.
Ho shit, that guy is something else, I've never even heard of him before now. A LiveJournal blogger who gets memed into prominence, advocates democracy and anti-corruption, and occasionally just so happens to protest with neo-Nazis and call for the extermination of ethnic minorities as cockroaches. "The man Putin fears most", wonders will never cease.
Its slang is nigh untranslatable into English, though - for example, the usual term for Russia is
Damnit, internet dialect ruins everything again.
Other nations are denoted with widely used ethnic slurs (an American is a Pindos, for example).
I am deeply disappointed to find out the etymology of that isn't Pinto -> Exploding Cars -> Hollywood ->Americans are bloodthirsty imperialists.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: December 05, 2015, 08:39:51 am »

Ho shit, that guy is something else, I've never even heard of him before now. A LiveJournal blogger who gets memed into prominence, advocates democracy and anti-corruption, and occasionally just so happens to protest with neo-Nazis and call for the extermination of ethnic minorities as cockroaches. "The man Putin fears most", wonders will never cease.
Always remember, kids: Back in the day, fascism was a progressive ideology.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: December 05, 2015, 09:05:06 am »

Always remember, kids: Back in the day, fascism was a progressive ideology.
And eugenics was a legitimate scientific subject, while racism was regarded as scientific truth.

Late 19th century - early 20th century was pretty big on stereotypical mad science, if you think about it.
._.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: December 05, 2015, 12:35:08 pm »

Pretty sure Frankenstein wasn't written as "insane pseudoscience" so much as "fantastic idea 20 minutes into the future" a la FTL drive today. So yeah, mad science abounds.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: December 05, 2015, 12:43:58 pm »

But how about that DPRK, y'all?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: December 05, 2015, 12:55:36 pm »

But how about that DPRK, y'all?

DPRK? Europe? What's the difference?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: December 05, 2015, 12:57:38 pm »

Pretty sure Frankenstein wasn't written as "insane pseudoscience" so much as "fantastic idea 20 minutes into the future" a la FTL drive today. So yeah, mad science abounds.
wasn't it written on a drunken bet or something?
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 341