Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 513831 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Genestealer Empress Park Will Cast The Enemy Out [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4230 on: October 30, 2016, 02:19:16 am »

Seems legit. There were people who said the same thing about Reagan's astrologer -- that it was all hogwash, that it was a Commie liberal plot to discredit St. Ronnie, etc.

@Sky: Wait, so there was yet *another* Yeongsang-gyo half a century ago?? In addition to the one Choi Tae-min founded, and the one founded in 1980/81 (by another Choi, but different name)??

Man, what is it with shady Koreans and "Eternal Life"?  :P
You'd think after the first couple, people would stop using the name. Like, if you went to check out this new religion you'd heard about, and they were calling themselves "Heaven's Gate", you'd probably think twice about the party refreshments...

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4231 on: October 30, 2016, 02:26:19 am »

Yeongsaeng (영생) is a different religion to Yeongsae (영세). They mean they same thing but they are different groups with different names.

Oh right, so the President is a conservative and it's the conservative media that are trying to bring her down?

So I guess the lefties have a better shot of election next time now?
yeah, I suspect that the president will remain a lame duck for the remaining 1yr of her term but not be punished, and instead the moderate left will waltz in and score a slam-dunk election by pointing at her and the previous conservative president, both of whom were pretty big disappointments even to the conservatives.

Both the conservative and liberal media managed to cooperate with each other to deliver a one-two-three punch to Park and exposing everything.

I say moderate left because both left and right in korea are much more to the right than the US :v
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 02:28:20 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: October 30, 2016, 02:35:19 am »

Gahhh.....Korean phonology. I'd try to learn it if Hangul didn't make my eyes bleed.  :P

Makes sense though....like how "Church of Christ", "United Church of Christ" and "Church of Christ (Latter-Day Saints) would seem to be roughly the same thing to an outsider, but are three drastically different denominations.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: October 30, 2016, 03:02:20 am »

Skyru, you've a thing for writing stuff concisely with an understanding tone o_o So awesome.

Also how is it with the government in S.Korea? If the scripts are being checked by a different source than the President, wouldn't other people knowingly...know, or at least be aware of it?

I'm really out of connection with politics at the moment because of busyness though :-X :-[

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: October 30, 2016, 03:04:06 am »

Skyru, you've a thing for writing stuff concisely with an understanding tone o_o So awesome.

Also how is it with the government in S.Korea? If the scripts are being checked by a different source than the President, wouldn't other people knowingly...know, or at least be aware of it?

I'm really out of connection with politics at the moment because of busyness though :-X :-[

Well, Park had a regular speechwriter, who worked for her for 10 years, and he's said he was completely unaware of the edits being done by Choi. He said he knew there were some changes made after he handed the speeches, but he's not really saying they were completely different or anything. I think we'd get more of an idea of the scope of influence by knowing what the speeches were like both before and after the edits. That should actually be on record somewhere.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 03:22:39 am by Reelya »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: November 15, 2016, 11:28:55 pm »

President Park has been brought in for questioning and is almost certainly getting impeached. It sounded like an ancient aliens tier conspiracy, but it seems Best Korea was right about the South being a puppet regime all along.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: November 15, 2016, 11:36:41 pm »

President Park has been brought in for questioning and is almost certainly getting impeached. It sounded like an ancient aliens tier conspiracy, but it seems Best Korea was right about the South being a puppet regime all along.

More illuminati tier conspiracy, and corruption to boot.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: November 15, 2016, 11:44:13 pm »

Christianity in general abhors other religions
The phrase you are looking for is Syncretism and while not particularly popular with any major church, certain allowances are and have been made in the past for various religions, although it's never an aim in-and-of-itself. There are Christian sects all over the world along those lines; and while they are most certainly not, how shall I put it, in communion with the Pope, they are still Christians by another name.

That's all I have to add though. I don't know if this particular sect is Christian at all. My point is only that someone can be reasonably identifiable as a type of Christian and still very, very strange to western standards, eastern standards, or any standards at all really. History is just loaded with examples of Christianity + something local = all sorts of crazy.
2016 has to end eventually right? Please?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: November 15, 2016, 11:46:28 pm »

2016 has to end eventually right? Please?
No. This is our world now. We saw the last offramp and went past it going 40 over.

I'm not ever going to make a 2012 joke again. They're all 2016.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

This thread needs to be brought back on the rails!

Best Korea asks Chinese allies to stop calling glorious leader fat.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/11/16/15/38/north-korea-ask-chinese-officials-to-stop-calling-kim-jong-un-fat

Glorious leader is NOT fat! Glorious leader just does not poop!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

2016 is the year when North Korea was right and the President was being controlled by shadow shamans

Year of the fire monkey is the best year of all time

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

As an Iron Monkey myself, I disagree.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Glorious leader is NOT fat! Glorious leader just does not poop!
Wait, are you saying he's full of shit?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

As an Iron Monkey myself, I disagree.
Iron Monkey is a good name for a band
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 341