Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436941 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim eyed the syringe warily. "All right, I think it's time for us to try one of the hard memories. Everybody, grab one of my hands to make sure we all stay together. Then we'll try the... globe. That sound good?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

As you wish. What shapes should we take before touching it?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"I'd have suggested the hiding face because, well, it's hiding, but then, this place doesn't exactly follow our intuition... so I guess there's no reason not to check the globe."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"We should probably start thinking about a shape before getting in. Any visual clues about the environment aside from the obvious part?" Milno asks.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"I'm not sure that's a good idea. Say we all turn ourselves into potted plants and the memory is about a warzone on a desert planet." Jim shook his head. "You can go ahead if you want, but I'm going to wait until we see what the memory is, so I can see what would fit in."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"Based on what the... was it a general?... anyway, what he said, I'm not sure that we can gather what the memory is about before touching it. That said... hang on."

Can you guys 'detach' and 'reattach' from and to me in this environment, and if so, take the form of, say, a dust mote? If you can, do you think you can quickly scout a hard memory? Don't do so yet, just would like to hear if you're feeling able to.

Ask the ghosts.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

"I'm ready for whatever you say, captn'."

Wait for Jim's orders, follow said orders

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I talked only about thinking, but no problem."

Follow Jim's orders.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

As you wish.
Follow Jim's orders.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

To reiterate:

Jim's orders are: All team members grab one of his hands, then someone attempts to activate the globe in case it's a hard memory.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Based on what the... was it a general?... anyway, what he said, I'm not sure that we can gather what the memory is about before touching it. That said... hang on."

Can you guys 'detach' and 'reattach' from and to me in this environment, and if so, take the form of, say, a dust mote? If you can, do you think you can quickly scout a hard memory? Don't do so yet, just would like to hear if you're feeling able to.

Ask the ghosts.
Cannot go there on our own.

Bound to you

Or are you bound to us?

To reiterate:

Jim's orders are: All team members grab one of his hands, then someone attempts to activate the globe in case it's a hard memory.

Everyone links hands; or more correctly hand constructs, and they all touch the globe, now wandering freely, at the same time.

A moment later and they find themselves standing on the outer hull of an enormous ship, black armored and sleek, lacking engines, weapons or anything else which might normally define a ship. Their vision of the ship isn't complete; rather it's a fractured puzzle of hundreds of different views from cameras embedded across the ship's hull. In the far distance, toward what could abstractly be called "up" is a bright point of light; a planet viewed at great distance, like the false stars of mars and venus seen from earth. And at a great distance below, moving at relativistic speeds, is an armada of flesh and mindlessness. It's impossible to know how their encroachment can be sensed, long range scanner or some capacity of the amplifiers, but they are coming, that much is clear.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Was worth a shot, Gorat answers the ghosts, doing his best to ignore what could be a sinister pronouncement or honest wondering.

But this memory is odd. There isn't a single cone of vision like we were led to believe... is there one person in front of a ton of monitors? Or is it... but how could that be? And we need to disguise ourselves...

((Any ideas for a disguise? For now I'd say a plate of that black armor.))
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Yeah, that sounds good to me.)

Jim goes prone - dragging the others along with him if need be - and tries to take the appearance of the armor plating along the ship.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I think we are currently using the viewpoint of the ghost ship itself, or to be more precise, of its mass of consciousnesses (or one individual mind inside the mass, if it hadn't been absorbed by then, you never know). This memory seems to be from the ship as a ship, during some moment in the Altered Wars.))

Stay close to the armor plating and take its likeness.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 02:07:29 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Any ideas for a disguise? For now I'd say a plate of that black armor.))
(( I thought of antennae, but then this ship doesn't have any, apparently.
Cosmic dust, perhaps?
Also, what happens if we stand outside the cones of vision? Would we exit the hard memory that way, or be able to observe it without being observed in turn? Or, instead, instantly draw attention to us?
EDIT: Oh well, posting my action in case we don't find a better approach to hiding here.))
Be dragged down; take appearance of black armor plating as well.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 02:40:11 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 243