Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435710 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

((sorry about not posting for a few days, I was preparing for a test and completely forgot.))
Stay with the team, stay on the lookout for blobs

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim attempts to refine the unusual clone.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Be a lookout, don't get in trouble.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Okay, that doesn't bode well. I might have to experiment outside, but first I should watch the whole memory.

Observe the memory.
As the spears impact and and the ship feels the altered annihilated by the billions, a tremendous mix of feelings fill it. It's components are elated by their success, and by the praise now filtering in from the unseen, unheard supervisor who they somehow know exists and is happy. But they also feel a tinge of sadness, but you can't tell why.

The memory begins to loop after that.

With nothing else to do, keep training, cautiously and carefully as before.
You think you've got a better handle on this now, at least when it comes to making copies of things you're very familiar with. And assuming the copies don't move much.

((sorry about not posting for a few days, I was preparing for a test and completely forgot.))
Stay with the team, stay on the lookout for blobs
No prob, if you don't post I just assume you're laying low, like now. And if things get hairy you just slip away.

Jim attempts to refine the unusual clone.

The clone changes to resemble you before you were transformed into a robot. Of course it's also naked.

"Kinda glad Feyri's not on this mission..."

Be a lookout, don't get in trouble.
You make sure to avoid the blobs and most importantly, jim, who seems hell bent on getting himself killed one way or another, least from your standpoint.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim has robot Jim run away to attract the blob's attention and dismisses human Jim from existence.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Crap. Crap crap. What was this? Sadness? I... I need to watch this memory again. I need to make sure. This could be the compromised memory. At the very least, it's a troublesome one.

Rewatch the memory. Pay special attention to the waves of emotion. What are they about? Whom are they directed at?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"That's quite the strange girl. Boy. Something." Milno remarks when he sees Jim's former human self. "At any rate, we should probably check each memory's recording more than once just in case after we find a way to get rid or avoid these blobs." he stops talking as soon as he notices Jim is going to try something.

Keep waiting. Avoid trouble.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Train a little bit more, just the finishing touches. Make sure to discern whether they are really finishing,  or I could still get better with this training alone.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Like I said in the other thread, I'm moving right now, so things may be a bit hectic. If a day or two passes without posts, thats pretty much the reason. Sorry about that.

Jim has robot Jim run away to attract the blob's attention and dismisses human Jim from existence.

The vision runs off into the distance and the blobs give slow chase. Hopefully they won't bother you for a while.

Crap. Crap crap. What was this? Sadness? I... I need to watch this memory again. I need to make sure. This could be the compromised memory. At the very least, it's a troublesome one.

Rewatch the memory. Pay special attention to the waves of emotion. What are they about? Whom are they directed at?
You sit through the memory again and try to parse out the emotions. There's the feeling of connection to the beings down below, though it's hard to tell if thats to the people or to the altered. It could be either, it's just so unfocused. For all you can tell they could be feeling bad for the rocks down there. Then there's the nervousness about their performance. Understandable. And the happiness from doing it well, mixed with sadness. You can't tell what they feel bad for though. These emotions lack context; you're privy to them just as you're privy to every other sense, but you're not sure to what they pertain. It's like seeing a light at the end of a hall and not knowing if it's from a bulb, a candle or an oncoming train.

"That's quite the strange girl. Boy. Something." Milno remarks when he sees Jim's former human self. "At any rate, we should probably check each memory's recording more than once just in case after we find a way to get rid or avoid these blobs." he stops talking as soon as he notices Jim is going to try something.

Keep waiting. Avoid trouble.
Laying low, playing it slow.

Train a little bit more, just the finishing touches. Make sure to discern whether they are really finishing,  or I could still get better with this training alone.
You're pretty much as good as you're gonna get. No more hypothetical brain bench presses for you.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

This is just great. This memory could be the culprit, sympathizing with the Altered, wondering why it should kill them... or it could be a tenuous hold to humanity that, if deleted, causes a rampage. Well, no one claimed this would be easy.

Exit, returning to dust. Observe the surroundings - are there blobs near me or is the path free to my companions?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

(Any reason why no one else is posting?)

This is just great. This memory could be the culprit, sympathizing with the Altered, wondering why it should kill them... or it could be a tenuous hold to humanity that, if deleted, causes a rampage. Well, no one claimed this would be easy.

Exit, returning to dust. Observe the surroundings - are there blobs near me or is the path free to my companions?

You exit the memory and look around. The blobs all seem to have wondered off, but you're not entirely sure where your team is; since they're all rather inconspicuous.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

((I suspect they ran out of ways to say "Wait for that tardy Gorat."))

Hover away from the memory slowly, trying to find the team.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(I'm kind of waiting for everyone else to do stuff, since Jim is supposed to be running distractions against the blobs. >.>)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile

((Well that, and the exams. Caellath and Pancaek both mentioned them at some point, and so on. In any case, I don't think rarer updates would help.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Well, if it were a real-space mission Maurice would've been having a nap at the moment, but I presume sleeping is impossible here, so... ))
Old-school 'wait and do nothing'.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 243