Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437051 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

If there are no blobs around and/or no objections, Jim just heads on in. Otherwise he waits to hear his teammate's opinions.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 09:00:15 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Unless there are blobs around, follow Jim. Otherwise follow given instructions.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"We should probably leave a security detail outside just in case."

Make sure there are no blobs around.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"I'll stay outside then, and pop in to warn you somehow if the blobs or something are coming."
Stay by the face to be on guard, assuming no blobs around.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

Stay outside and look out for blobs, unless ordered otherwise

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

If there are no blobs around and/or no objections, Jim just heads on in. Otherwise he waits to hear his teammate's opinions.
Unless there are blobs around, follow Jim. Otherwise follow given instructions.
Jim and Maurice dive into the memory while Milno, Pancaek and Chin stand guard outside. Or rather they keep watch, since standing guard implies they might do something other then run away when the stab blobs come a calling.

The memory is black and empty, completely blind but not senseless. The instant they enter there is an overwhelming feeling of fear that rushes over them. A crippling, heart in your throat kind of fear; like when you miss a step and find yourself falling. That feeling, that utter helplessness, is stretched and magnified.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim steels himself and waits.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

((Ideally, I'd like one more of us in the memory. Two spotters should be plenty.))

"Three guards is a bit much, isn't it?"
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yeah, it probably is. Let me see something."

See if the hiding face keeps moving while the team members are inside.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Face the fear; let it go through me and over me. And then observe the memory.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Yeah, it probably is. Let me see something."

See if the hiding face keeps moving while the team members are inside.
It certainly does. If anything it's running around faster now. It's actually kinda hard to keep up with.

Face the fear; let it go through me and over me. And then observe the memory.
Jim steels himself and waits.
As you wait and the fear becomes more tolerable, you begin to make out things. They're vague, half feeling, half sight; ghostly images of half formed men and women; not unlike the projections that you create. There are hundreds of them, built around you as though attached to the inner wall of a great dome, their limbs interwoven. Slowly, the dome is shrinking, forcing them closer and closer together. Their mouths are open wide, screaming silently.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Is this the problem? The ghost ship is afraid... of what? Becoming one identity instead of many?

Jim continues to watch and wait.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

((Oh gods, this is terrifying. I can't believe someone would do something like that to so many people, just to get a powerful weapon. The HMRC UWM must have been very desperate to do that... or very ruthless.

EDIT: Whoops. Acronyms can get confusing if you're not thinking.))
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 01:15:46 pm by Parisbre56 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(UWM, not HMRC. :P And we already know the UWM is a bunch of dicks who would do stuff like this... just look at Steve. He's basically the same thing on a smaller scale.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((SC is correct. I think I'll have Milno start a brotalk with Steve between missions to know more about him. Brotalks with NPCs are good.))

"Well, it seems we'll need three guards in the end." Milno remarks as he moves after the escaping head, changing shape as needed.

Keep following the head and stay alert for any problems.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 243