Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435709 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"Weird. Some hard memories seem to have well fitting shapes, others less so. I guess you could see a fleeing face as losing individuality... but let's get away from this minefield for now."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Minefield?.. Whatever that is, it probably means that the defence mechanisms are advancing, which means we are running out of time.
Once again, I suggest that we split our group at least in two and try to cover more hard memories in shorter period of time. I am fully aware of the risks, and thus I do not suggest that we spilt into smaller groups - two observers seem the most practical. If only we had one more person.. oh well.

Exit the memory. Join the team.

Try to make a copy of self. Not a simulacrum, but a fully functional clone of my mind and self.
First try the auxiliary systems approach - plainly attempting to copy memories and everything into a designated space. If that fails, try a biological approach - attempt mind division (using the process of mitosis as a guide).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 09:27:03 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Jim and Maurice exit the memory; directly in the center of the field. Oh dear.

Minefield?.. Whatever that is, it probably means that the defence mechanisms are advancing, which means we are running out of time.
Once again, I suggest that we split our group at least in two and try to cover more hard memories in shorter period of time. I am fully aware of the risks, and thus I do not suggest that we spilt into smaller groups - two observers seem the most practical. If only we had one more person.. oh well.

Exit the memory. Join the team.

Try to make a copy of self. Not a simulacrum, but a fully functional clone of my mind and self.
First try the auxiliary systems approach - plainly attempting to copy memories and everything into a designated space. If that fails, try a biological approach - attempt mind division (using the process of mitosis as a guide).

Are you sure you want to try and do that?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim decides this is a good time to see if, this being a realm of the mind, it's possible to fly and if so heads straight upward. Otherwise, he observes the field and looks for a safe way to get out of it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

((Since we've been told a few times that we're hovering or floating, I've kind of assumed that flying is, by definition, available to us. Worst case scenario we should be able to assume flying forms.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Spawn a illusory copy of self and send it over the field. If blobs show interest in it, spawn several more and send in all directions, then escape in the confusion.

Also, think about and consider the danger potential of creating a full mental clone of self. Or at least attempting to do so.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"Before we do anything else, we should examine the minefield for escape paths and compare our findings."
Examine the minefield, search for a safe way out.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yeah, not much to do. What do you think about the memories so far?"

See if the blobs still move as part of the minefield and how far they can reach as it is. Turn into a dragonfly and fly a little straight up to check if there are any airborne blobs.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"The fleet one seems to be the only candidate for the loop so far. The first ship memory and the bunker one seemed to going right, and this melding one sounds to be in order as well. Of course we have a few more to check... syringe blimb, nerve cluster, cheering sound... am I forgetting one?"
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"After we check all of the hard memories, we should probably move around in a kind of patrol and see if the ship keeps watching one of them. That would probably helps us decide, since if a certain memory is responsible for the ship's current state, then it should be watching that one from time to time."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"If it's consciously aware what's happening. Seems that way, but isn't necessarily true. We'll be safer if we assume it, though."
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 11:25:05 am by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Jim decides this is a good time to see if, this being a realm of the mind, it's possible to fly and if so heads straight upward. Otherwise, he observes the field and looks for a safe way to get out of it.

Technically there's no up here. No any hard direction, kinda like space. And it's less a minefield, more the blobs are just sort of appearing here and drifting away. Imagine the field was a painting on a canvas and that the blobs were slipping through the back and emerging from the front and continuing on their way. The problem was that it's hard to tell where they're gonna pop out, but flying up away from the "surface solves that somewhat.

You drift up and away from the surface of the field and over toward the rest of the group. You manage to avoid collisions with the wandering blobs with relative ease.

Spawn a illusory copy of self and send it over the field. If blobs show interest in it, spawn several more and send in all directions, then escape in the confusion.

Also, think about and consider the danger potential of creating a full mental clone of self. Or at least attempting to do so.

(Well, you can't create a consciousness thats separate from you. So the best that you'll do is end up giving yourself a very distinct split personality that can act on it's own. Which might be useful here, but...well I think you can guess at the disadvantages later.)

You spawn an illusion of your normal human self and send it out to grab the blob's attention. It seems to work, attracting the attention of the ones that have already broken the surface. You spawn a bout a dozen more and use the confusion to make it back to the rest of the group. Although your actions have the unintended consequence of attracting several dozen more blobs to the area. And those copies aren't going to trick them forever.

"Yeah, not much to do. What do you think about the memories so far?"

See if the blobs still move as part of the minefield and how far they can reach as it is. Turn into a dragonfly and fly a little straight up to check if there are any airborne blobs.
"Before we do anything else, we should examine the minefield for escape paths and compare our findings."
Examine the minefield, search for a safe way out.
You're good to leave for now, but that will end soon.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim heads away from the minefield with the rest of the group.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Do you remember the thing about spawning less copies? Making several of them puts the blobs even more on edge."

Away from the minefield.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 243