Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437029 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

I found it the most logical course of action in that situation; I apologise if I misjudged - I do not have your wisdom. Maurice replied soberly.
Follow the team.

Jim, say... how much would we benefit from one more person on the team? I think I have an idea - slightly dangerous to me, not so much to everyone else, if everything goes right - how no less than one more person could join us, and perhaps more, if that is needed.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"As long as you're willing to live with whatever consequences that will have, I'm fine."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"I'm not. No big experiments unless laid out completely and approved by command... and I'm sorry to say this, Jim, but I think command should go to Milno." Gorat would wince and hold his breath after his outburst, but since he doesn't need to breathe right now, he simply kind of freezes, still fleeing the minefield.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'm not fine either. Experimenting tends to be risky enough in this environment and if it endangers you somehow, there's a good chance it endangers the entire team." Milno says as he follows the team, taking a moment to glance back at the blob minefield. He's slightly surprised by Gorat's remark, but can see the reasons that led to such.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

The team makes like the Speedy donkey removal service and removes their asses from the area.

They congregate, in their various hidden forms, back at a seemingly safe area inside of a large bronze statue that is sitting on someone's mantel piece in a log cabin that seems to be adrift in space.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Keep a lookout for approaching blobs. Wait for the reaction of the others to my outburst.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Keep a lookout for approaching blobs. Wait for the reaction of the others to my outburst.
You wave your hand in front of their faces.

"Hey. Hey. Guys? Hello? We still alive?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I was waiting for a response to Gorat's outburst, but since nothing happened...))

"Sigh. Anyway, vote for next memory? Also, splitting up would probably make things faster, but having a team inside and the rest as lookout still seems like the safest option. Thoughts?" he asks.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(I'm in a really bad mood right now, so I'm refraining from posting. Just choose whatever memory you like.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Maurice bobbed as a way of nodding under the circumstances.
"Acknowledged. You are probably right, it was idiotic of me to suggest doing something that dangerous to the team and mission objective. I apologise.

As for leadership change, while I can only praise Milno's competence, so far Jim's command has been rather fine as well, in my opinion. Anyway, I believe that this question should be settled shortly and for the rest of the mission."

Hearing Milno's words, Maurice fell silent for a few moments, and then replied:
"As I said, I suggest looking for hard memories with a strange activity surrounding them; failing that, I can't think of anything specific, so any one will do. Also, I must object: while having a team inside and the rest as lookout is (somewhat) safer for the team, I believe that we might soon be hard pressed on time and it would be safer for the mission completion to split, thus using the time we might still have more usefully."
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"No problem, it was just a question. Acting without asking is the thing I'd frown at." Milno answers, before continuing on the matter of splitting the team. "One of the main problems I see is that one of the split teams would have only one person inside the memory. Having two - or three in the case we decided to stick together - would be preferable in case one of them fails or simply so we can have different opinions on the same matter."

"Though while considering that matter, how should we get divided? Gorat could come with me if he wanted to and you guys would form another team, I suppose."
>Yes?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"If we split up, and I'm not sure we should quite yet... well, I'll defer to whatever the team chooses." Gorat says, remaining silent on the leadership change he had proposed.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Let's head for the syringe. Anyone willing to keep track of the ones we visited so we can examine their stuff with more ease when we check all of them?" Milno asks.

(OOC that means I'm asking if anyone is willing to write down the ones we already checked so it'll be easier to remember things when we get to the "analysis" phase. Otherwise, I guess I'm doing it.)

He then starts to drift towards the syringe. "Let's check if the blobs are protecting the giant syringe. We haven't been here for long, and if there should be a time for splitting it could be if the need for keeping an eye open to see if the ship watches those memories ends up being necessary."

Move to the syringe, check for signs of blobs.
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Let's head for the syringe. Anyone willing to keep track of the ones we visited so we can examine their stuff with more ease when we check all of them?" Milno asks.

(OOC that means I'm asking if anyone is willing to write down the ones we already checked so it'll be easier to remember things when we get to the "analysis" phase. Otherwise, I guess I'm doing it.)

He then starts to drift towards the syringe. "Let's check if the blobs are protecting the giant syringe. We haven't been here for long, and if there should be a time for splitting it could be if the need for keeping an eye open to see if the ship watches those memories ends up being necessary."

Move to the syringe, check for signs of blobs.

Milno drags the rest of the team out, in search of the ever illusive syringe blimp. They find it, hovering in empty space, apparently completely unguarded.  The blobs, it seems, ares still distracted by Maurice's rampant illusions, with hundreds of them gathered over near the field the team just left.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"They're still after the illusions? They can't be that simple-minded, can they?"
Direforged Original
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 243