Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437021 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Don't know, don't know... Also, what do you think of the Altered kinship theory? I think I am still missing something crucial.

Oh, and by the way, that familiarity the Ghostship felt is more of rote sort of familiarity, it seems, rather than relationship familiarity. So yes, we can probably strike that memory out now.

(( Uh, SC, Caellath - could you add something based on your characters' memories and knowledge of the second mission? That would really help, I hope. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Jim wasn't around for most of that mission; he just kind of showed up near the end and killed Erik. Then he wandered about a bit and fell into a farming sim for a couple of minutes. That's basically his contribution to it. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Recall the feelings of the ship as it watched the human world burn by its own hands and before the deed. Did it ever hesitate, even for a moment? Did it feel bad afterwards?

((Back from a remarkably busy weekend and I have to admit the prospect of failing and messing up isn't pleasant.))
Hard to say. It felt strange, hard to put your finger on. You're not sure it has an equivalency to anything in human emotion. It was...plural...if that makes any sense. Conflicted and yet not conflicted. Double think.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Consider what could be known about the Altered by the Ghostship. Would it know anything other than discerning their presence and dealing with them (likely that familiarity)?

Also, memories and feelings of existence as One - does any memory apart from the globe and the nerve sport them? Were they ever felt or connected to someone or something else?

Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Consider what could be known about the Altered by the Ghostship. Would it know anything other than discerning their presence and dealing with them (likely that familiarity)?

Also, memories and feelings of existence as One - does any memory apart from the globe and the nerve sport them? Were they ever felt or connected to someone or something else?

The ghostship doesn't, as far as you've seen, know anything special about the altered, except perhaps how to kill them very effectively.

Well, anything that takes place chronologically after the face memory is one of them. The Void memory, the burning world, globe, etc.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile

((Sooo, are we going tobe deciding soon yet? I feel like there's diminishing returns on asking one question a day.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, as far as integrated consciousnesses or whatever go, there was our second mission. There was a mass of people melded together kind of like the ghostship or the Altered...We talked to someone who was probably their representative, an old man who answered our questions and said they were basically a giant colony of minds glued together as a single entity." Milno starts explaining, continuing until he has given Maurice extensive knowledge about the events of the Second Mission.

((IC knowledge for Nik.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"Huh. I had forgotten Faith had told me about that mission a bit. I was a bit more concerned about that 'creating a manip sun thing destroying a dam' thing at the time, though... I think she even used the words Altered hivemind, come to think..."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Thank you.))
Listening to the words of wisdom coming from both the Snark and Gorat, Maurice remained in both apprehensive and excited silence.
Fascinating... Much more than I thought. It certainly brings light - and even more questions - to the means and aims of Dr. VonNost in creating the Ghostship.

Unfortunately, though, it seems that the knowledge of the Altered themselves is pretty much non-existent in those memories of the Ghostship, apart from the most efficient ways of killing them, of course. So that theory might be off, despite all the circumstantial evidence.
Actually, come to think of it...

Compare the memories of killing the Altered and humans in the burning world memory. Was the same familiarity present? How did the Ghostship regard the completion of that mission - was it in any way similar to the elation it felt after battling the Altered?
Past Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((Thank you.))
Listening to the words of wisdom coming from both the Snark and Gorat, Maurice remained in both apprehensive and excited silence.
Fascinating... Much more than I thought. It certainly brings light - and even more questions - to the means and aims of Dr. VonNost in creating the Ghostship.

Unfortunately, though, it seems that the knowledge of the Altered themselves is pretty much non-existent in those memories of the Ghostship, apart from the most efficient ways of killing them, of course. So that theory might be off, despite all the circumstantial evidence.
Actually, come to think of it...

Compare the memories of killing the Altered and humans in the burning world memory. Was the same familiarity present? How did the Ghostship regard the completion of that mission - was it in any way similar to the elation it felt after battling the Altered?
The familiarity was not the same. The Ship didn't really feel familiar with the humans...well, you suppose it did in a way. It felt toward them the same way you might feel toward a pet you really cared about. It feels like it's responsible for humans, in the same way a man is responsible for protecting an animal in his care.

It wasn't happy about the end of the battle. It didn't know how to feel.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Share that with the team.
So no, no same killing familiarity. There might be something with the confusion in the end, though.
Past Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Share that with the team.
So no, no same killing familiarity. There might be something with the confusion in the end, though.
You can consider anything like this shared automatically.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

((As far as I'm concerned, I still feel that the burning world memory is the culprit.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

((So, we're looking for a deep, yet somewhat vague emotion that is screwing with the ship? I don't suppose we have a Psychiatrist_Dr_Freud.rar.mkv.exe lying around we could upload onto the ship and call it day? though I agree with Otu, I'm leaning towards the burning world too. ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Lets try and get a consensus sometime soon here guys, otherwise I'm just gonna take the majority vote for the Burning world. This thing is grinding to a halt rather quickly and I doubt you'll learn that much more from more examination of the same data.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 243