Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435636 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Well, the burning world seems rather suspicious, mostly for that confusion/doublethink part, but I wonder
whether it could be just that we've been led to believe it is the root of the problem?..

Oh well. I trust in Piecewise. If he wanted to mislead us, he would've done so with the in-game means and reasons. ...Uhhh, right, guys? :P ))

Vote for the burning world hard memory deletion.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

((Hey, think about it this way - if you're wrong, at least we may get to find out what was the right answer. My curiosity is killing me!))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

((Well, the burning world seems rather suspicious, mostly for that confusion/doublethink part, but I wonder
whether it could be just that we've been led to believe it is the root of the problem?..

Oh well. I trust in Piecewise. If he wanted to mislead us, he would've done so with the in-game means and reasons. ...Uhhh, right, guys? :P ))

Vote for the burning world hard memory deletion.
((Well, assuming (and hoping, for our sake) that the burning world memory is the culprit, PW did at least plant a red herring with the cheering keyboard memory.))

((Hey, think about it this way - if you're wrong, at least we may get to find out what was the right answer. My curiosity is killing me!))
((I'd rather find out the right answer by finding out the right answer. :P))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

((I have a horrible feeling about this, but here goes nothing))

Vote for burning world

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

((Yay! Looks like we got a majority vote for the burning world! Unless someone objects (and Jim and Milno haven't shown any sings of objection) we'll soon have some action and some answers!))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile

((Yay! Looks like we got a majority vote for the burning world! Unless someone objects (and Jim and Milno haven't shown any sings of objection) we'll soon have some action and some answers!))
((Jim specifically said he was going with the majority, so we're good. Maybe we'll even start to get this resolved today!))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I know that I know nothing, but making a decision is important. The burning world memory seems the closest one to creating a paradox - killing the ones the ship was supposed to protect - and it has been the strongest image in my mind along with the idle wondering if the image of the ship thinking about it thinking hadn't made its mind go haywire. I'm going with the burning world and hope we haven't screwed up sensationally.))

"Well, let's get that shit deleted and hope we won't be deleted in return." Milno remarks.

Burning world.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

((Does anyone remember how you guys are supposed to nuke a memory? Can't remember what it was, or even if it was explained already.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

((It was early in the thread (second page for me), but it's there:))

When you find the problem, all of you must together agree and focus on removing that one hard memory and nothing else."

He turns away from the panel

"Oh and don't destroy more then...two or so. Any more and it will definitely notice you. Ok. When you're ready, get in."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

The team ends their deliberations and comes together to focus. Focus on one goal; on the destruction of that one memory. As they sit and concentrate, they feel something move. It feels so far away, like great gears grinding into motion somewhere in the back of their minds. The feeling grows; their skulls filled with painfully hot machinery, combustion engines that work away, faster and faster, more and more violently. Somewhere far away, back with their real bodies, something is being done. Some great machine is using their bodies as an antennae, pumping force through them and into the ghost ship.

The world around them shudders  and a horrible shriek echos through the twisted mindscape. And then everything goes black.   

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

((Oh dear.))

... ... wake up in our bodies... please? ... if only to die awake? ...
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

"oh man, this is is just like when I huffed paint cans" "You huffed paint? "  "No no no, paint CANS, you blend up the cans and huff the residue, just gotta watch out for the smoke, can't inhale that" "Why would you huff paint cans?" "I have NO idea, but I almost died that time, kinda felt like this"

try to wake up

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Enjoy the deserved rest.
If the rest does not come - if I still feel trapped in the Ghostship mind - wake up.

((Is it possible to sleep in this dream-land? I presumed no, but it was never clarified. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

((Perhaps now would be the time to see if you can contact command?))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Well, what for, really? I think that what happened was closely monitored by them (given the description of us using the outside resources and powers to delete the memory), and, if needed, they'd just get us out - if they felt like so, of course. Either way the situation will be clarified very soon, I believe. ))
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 243