Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436911 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Take a deep breath, then make eye contact with the dancing man, eyebrows lowered. Walk over in front of him and maintain eye contact.

"Why, hello. What is it you wish, my dear? I don't believe we've been properly introduced, I'm Stacy. You?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

"Miss Feyri's not a cannibal, either!"
"We do only have her word for it, though. You never know with the nice ones. Particularly since she seems to know an awful lot about this cannibal doctrine. And when she tells you to not think about things, that's when you know you gotta be real careful."
"Mister Jim likes Miss Feyri, and Mister Jim is nice. Actually, Miss Feyri is nice, too, so that's two nice people. And I think Miss May is nice, even if she is...crazy...If Miss Feyri is nice and nice people like her, it stands to reason that she lacks un-nice behaviors, because while individual nice people can have mean behaviors, the chance of a nice person having such a mean and rare behavior as cannibalism is pretty low. Lowering the chance is the number of nice people who like her, as they would presumably dislike her cannibalism (if it existed), barring the astronomically improbable chance that all the nice people who like Miss Feyri are cannibals, too. Also, I don't think people were served on the ship."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

Take a deep breath, then make eye contact with the dancing man, eyebrows lowered. Walk over in front of him and maintain eye contact.

"Why, hello. What is it you wish, my dear? I don't believe we've been properly introduced, I'm Stacy. You?"
Maintain eye contact, muscles tense, hands clenched tightly behind my back.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(The only cannibal among the HMRC is Milno. Just saying. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((I have no idea what the term is for that kind of..feeding. XD Sorry Cael.))

"Miss Feyri's not a cannibal, either!"
"We do only have her word for it, though. You never know with the nice ones. Particularly since she seems to know an awful lot about this cannibal doctrine. And when she tells you to not think about things, that's when you know you gotta be real careful."
"Mister Jim likes Miss Feyri, and Mister Jim is nice. Actually, Miss Feyri is nice, too, so that's two nice people. And I think Miss May is nice, even if she is...crazy...If Miss Feyri is nice and nice people like her, it stands to reason that she lacks un-nice behaviors, because while individual nice people can have mean behaviors, the chance of a nice person having such a mean and rare behavior as cannibalism is pretty low. Lowering the chance is the number of nice people who like her, as they would presumably dislike her cannibalism (if it existed), barring the astronomically improbable chance that all the nice people who like Miss Feyri are cannibals, too. Also, I don't think people were served on the ship."
"Err, yeah. Yeah, that's..true. I'm not a cannibal though, never ate human meat. Nor would I dream of doing such."
Perhaps I should've ordered a genetic analyzer from the AM...But he's pretty analytical there.
...I'm nice? That's something good.

"Err, Stacy..I was talking about sodomy. Not cannibalism."

Feyri moved over towards Lyra's side. "You'll be fine."
Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Lyra
Don't mind Stacy. I've forgotten to greet him back on the ship, and I guess he's taking out that in snark, heh. He's a down-to-earth guy, and seemingly a skeptic. But he's a good man, don't worry about it.

Despite him being quite skeptical. Relax! You're fine. :)
She then turns towards Stacy. "And I forgot to greet you; sorry Stacy. Though I'm wondering why you're skeptical on cannibalism other than what May said."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

((I have no idea what the term is for that kind of..feeding. XD Sorry Cael.))
((Autophagia?
Also, loving it so far, and it's only the first turn...

EDIT: And I'm going to be surprised if those guys don't lock you up somewhere to treat you with the way this is going. Or at least look at you like you're from another planet. Which is technically true, now that I think about it. Maybe they've changed the expression to "look at them like they're from another galaxy"?))
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 07:26:12 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"But what if she isn't actually nice at all? What if she's just making nice so that you'd suspect her least when she finally makes her move? And cannibalism isn't mean, strictly speaking. It's just pragmatic, is all. Maybe everybody is just real considerate or even appreciative of our dear friend's special peculiarities, similarly to how we accept Miss May despite, or perhaps because of her special peculiarities. After all, you could make the argument that secretly being a vicious cannibal underneath a veneer of niceness makes you a far more interesting person than one who's being nice simply for the heck of it."

Maintain eye contact, muscles tense, hands clenched tightly behind my back.

"Ah, nonverbal type, are we? Very well, I shall call you Miss Contact. Is that okay?"

She then turns towards Stacy. "And I forgot to greet you; sorry Stacy. Though I'm wondering why you're skeptical on cannibalism other than what May said."

"Oh, you don't need to apologize to me for that. I forgot to greet anyone in turn. And I'm not skeptical on cannibalism. I find it to be a very real, very pervasive trend in modern society. And if we've accepted sodomy as a perfectly natural and acceptable occurrence in everyday life, why do we still act intolerantly toward cannibalism? After all, it also has roots in ancient, honored tradition very much like the former."
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 07:27:04 pm by Harry Baldman »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((And I'm going to be surprised if those guys don't lock you up somewhere to treat you with the way this is going. Or at least look at you like you're from another planet. Which is technically true, now that I think about it. Maybe they've changed the expression to "look at them like they're from another galaxy"?))

((The mission parameters are slowly changing from riot control to breaking out of an asylum.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((And I'm going to be surprised if those guys don't lock you up somewhere to treat you with the way this is going. Or at least look at you like you're from another planet. Which is technically true, now that I think about it. Maybe they've changed the expression to "look at them like they're from another galaxy"?))
((The mission parameters are slowly changing from riot control to breaking out of an asylum.))
((Bah. They wouldn't put Grate in an asylum. Maybe they'd put Grate on Ritalin or something.))

"But what if she isn't actually nice at all? What if she's just making nice so that you'd suspect her least when she finally makes her move? And cannibalism isn't mean, strictly speaking. It's just pragmatic, is all. Maybe everybody is just real considerate or even appreciative of our dear friend's special peculiarities, similarly to how we accept Miss May despite, or perhaps because of her special peculiarities. After all, you could make the argument that secretly being a vicious cannibal underneath a veneer of niceness makes you a far more interesting person than one who's being nice simply for the heck of it."
"I think I'm mature enough to determine who is nice and who isn't. Anyways, cannibalism is considered a taboo among a majority of cultures, with exceptions having the cannibalism being a derived trait in backwards areas where the mainstream cultural rush hasn't exterminated the practice, similar to such traits as infanticide, stoning, and talking in theaters. What applies to societies applies to individuals--Mr. Jim and such would try to persuade Miss Feyri to stop eating people if she was."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

((Bah. They wouldn't put Grate in an asylum. Maybe they'd put Grate on Ritalin or something.))
((People on the ship can watch what's going on through Steve, right? Wanna start taking bets on who manages to break the expression of complete serenity of the strange man? What about who will be the first to cause him to scream "Shut up!" or "Oh Radiant One, my ridiculously styled hair, it's burning! Noooo! Aaah!"))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I think I'm mature enough to determine who is nice and who isn't. Anyways, cannibalism is considered a taboo among a majority of cultures, with exceptions having the cannibalism being a derived trait in backwards areas where the mainstream cultural rush hasn't exterminated the practice, similar to such traits as infanticide, stoning, and talking in theaters. What applies to societies applies to individuals--Mr. Jim and such would try to persuade Miss Feyri to stop eating people if she was."

"Yes, I'm sure you can make very educated guesses about people you've known for a few days at best. Particularly when you are at an age when nobody wants to really tell you anything important. Not to mention the rather interesting rumors one hears on the ship about the contents of the food machines."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

"Err, yeah. Yeah, that's..true. I'm not a cannibal though, never ate human meat. Nor would I dream of doing such."

"Err, Stacy..I was talking about sodomy. Not cannibalism."

Feyri moved over towards Lyra's side. "You'll be fine."
Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Lyra
Don't mind Stacy. I've forgotten to greet him back on the ship, and I guess he's taking out that in snark, heh. He's a down-to-earth guy, and seemingly a skeptic. But he's a good man, don't worry about it.

Despite him being quite skeptical. Relax! You're fine. :)
Look up at Feyri when she speaks to me, then read the message she sent me. then nod slightly before going to one of the back corners of the room and leaning against the wall there.
"Ah, nonverbal type, are we? Very well, I shall call you Miss Contact. Is that okay?"
No reaction.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yes, I'm sure you can make very educated guesses about people you've known for a few days at best. Particularly when you are at an age when nobody wants to really tell you anything important. Not to mention the rather interesting rumors one hears on the ship about the contents of the food machines."
"I also have testimony of various other people on-board to state the same. And I haven't heard any rumors!"
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"Grate, let me handle this."

Feyri grabbed Stacy passively, enough to cause him to notice.

"Mate, I don't like you strawmanning arguments and presenting them from your own skewed point of view. I did not dictate that we accept sodomy, as compared to cannibalism. I have no reason to see why you see such acts as pervasive, yet call sodomy as accepted and then say the general 'we' along with it. Because some of us have different ethics and experiences than you, and generally a different past from what you've seen.

"So please take no offense if I say I vehemently disagree with you there. As well as point on the fact that I'm standing right here, bucko. I'm unsure why you're touting your ideals freely, but I've to point its repercussions. It irritates people, especially if you claim truth over opinion.

"If you want to discredit me, take it to my face and not the child's. Thank you."

She awaits his response before taking any further action.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I also have testimony of various other people on-board to state the same. And I haven't heard any rumors!"

Stacy notices Feyri reaching for him.

"Well, let's say it comes down to a matter of trust, really. As well as different frames of reference."

"Grate, let me handle this."

Feyri grabbed Stacy passively, enough to cause him to notice.

"Mate, I don't like you strawmanning arguments and presenting them from your own skewed point of view. I did not dictate that we accept sodomy, as compared to cannibalism. I have no reason to see why you see such acts as pervasive, yet call sodomy as accepted and then say the general 'we' along with it. Because some of us have different ethics and experiences than you, and generally a different past from what you've seen.

"So please take no offense if I say I vehemently disagree with you there. As well as point on the fact that I'm standing right here, bucko. I'm unsure why you're touting your ideals freely, but I've to point its repercussions. It irritates people, especially if you claim truth over opinion.

"If you want to discredit me, take it to my face and not the child's. Thank you."

She awaits his response before taking any further action.

"I wouldn't call it discrediting, my dear. It is merely my though process voiced out loud, I do that sometimes, particularly when talking to other people. It's great fun to present a skewed viewpoint, I must say. Much more fun than antiquated notions of right, wrong and everything in between. I especially enjoy the part where one starts to consider the new viewpoint itself and internalizes it for the purpose of the argument. I get a rush from it. It's like this - you see the world a certain way, but then you start thinking the other way, and boom, it's different! Like, sodomy is a big no-no to one at first, but then you figure it's actually A-OK and people should do it if they want to, or the other way around! Amazing! And sometimes you take away a bit of wisdom from it, too. Those are the most interesting times. I think people should devote more time to skewed viewpoints other than their own myself."
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 243