Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436924 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Well, if we leave no witnesses, no one can accuse us. Seeing as we are in the HMRC we probably would accidentally kill every witnesses anyway.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

((Okay, when we get back Grate's looking through mission summaries.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((OH CRAP. He's going to read about the whole Serial Killer fiasco, isn't he?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((The WHAT?!?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((The Mission where they were supposed to catch a rogue UWM assassin turned serial killer. Their initial idea was to start a massive party using two massive kegs of beer and a classical music record (Classic collections #126: The Best of Dubstep) and examine everyone when they were passed out from alcohol consumption. This quickly devolved into a break-enter-interrogate procedure during which Mesk accidentally killed a little girl's parents in front of her with roundhouse kicks. It somehow became even more convoluted when the killer used a dominator amp to take over one of the HMRC units and made him murder a bunch of civilians. Well, somehow or other, everyone just decided to lure out the killer by exploiting his pride. That is to say, indiscriminately murder more people than he could so that he would be forced to take greater risks to keep the "highscore". During this, shit got set on fire and Mesk kidnapped the previously mentioned little girl in order to save her from her burning house, which I should note, was ignited by Mesk to begin with. The killer overloaded a microwave manipulator and pretty much nuked the entire town while using civilians under his control to disable the perimeter defenses in a suicidal charge. Having killed most of the civilian population (the HMRC pretty much killed the rest), the killer slipped into the shadows. The mission was a failure. The only survivor of the civilian population was the little girl who now had an intense burning hatred for Mesk, she was adopted by members of the ship's non-convicted crew.

Oh and we also learned that proto-altered have a debilitating weakness to doors.))
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 11:39:59 am by Empiricist »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Alright, I'm going to go Grate for a while.

Why was this the best plan they came up with? Why was it considered a good plan? What happened between "party" and "interrogation"? How do you accidentally roundhouse kick someone? Doesn't it defeat the purpose of a serial-killer-catching mission if you kill more people than he did? Why did the police not show up at any point in this "plan"? What happened when the mission failed? What do you mean, "debilitating weakness to doors"? Did the killer ever show up again? Has anyone heard from the girl again? Was this before or after the Punch Many Things program was initiated? Who's Mesk and can I have Grate punch him? Was this the worst mission to date? What's the chance of something like that happening again?

That's all.))
Sig

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You should really read the mission. His account had a few parts modified for comic effect.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Alright, I'm going to go Grate for a while.

Why was this the best plan they came up with? Why was it considered a good plan? What happened between "party" and "interrogation"? How do you accidentally roundhouse kick someone? Doesn't it defeat the purpose of a serial-killer-catching mission if you kill more people than he did? Why did the police not show up at any point in this "plan"? What happened when the mission failed? What do you mean, "debilitating weakness to doors"? Did the killer ever show up again? Has anyone heard from the girl again? Was this before or after the Punch Many Things program was initiated? Who's Mesk and can I have Grate punch him? Was this the worst mission to date? What's the chance of something like that happening again?

That's all.))
((The plan was thought up by Toaster's previous character, Thrakor, who was somewhere between a stereotypical frat boy and a mechanical monstrosity designed for CQB combat who had the remains of his face stretched over his head.
They couldn't get people to the party so they just decided to interrogate.
Mesk didn't accidentally roundhouse kick anyone. He intentionally roundhouse-kicked them in an attempt to calm them down.
Their mission was to catch the guy, the UWM didn't want the public to panic about one of their skilled covert assassins going rogue; optimistically speaking, the well-being of the civilians was a peripheral objective at best.
The killer didn't show up again, he slipped back into the shadows from whence he came.
After.
Mesk, AKA The Kickboxing Medic is one of the most skilled medical units, unfortunately, he never activates his dynamic bonuses and hence constantly overshoots; in his first mission, he relocated a teammate's shoulder by kicking him and then overdosed him on painkillers. This affinity for kicking has since become part of his character, he constantly kicks people with varying degrees of success, asking him for help is pretty much considered to be akin to a Faustian contract now. He is incredibly difficult to harm due to being infested with medical micro-machines that can repair most injuries. Piecewise has personally described him as a "Walking Warcrime". Yes he has healed people before, and yes, he is very good at it when he isn't busy kicking people.
You probably can, I mean, Jim snapped his spine in twain and threw him out a window in a previous mission and he was quite fine with that.
No, the "Sunrise over China-9" slaughtered thousands, caused massive damage to infrastructure and flooded an area.
Depends on the mission. Highly unlikely for this mission though: we don't have enough ammo.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

((You have  manipulators, you have the ability to plunge this planet into a violent uprising killing millions and you have May. Above all you are the HMRC. You don't need ammo to destroy the world. All you need is each other.))
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 12:17:08 pm by Parisbre56 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Jim snapped Mesk's spine three times, by the way: once in Mission Three / Soundwave, once in Mission 5 / Serial Killer, and once in Mission 8 / Mining Colony. Only the first one was a result of me taking an action to harm Mesk due to character paranoia/evil influences, the other two was it turning into a running joke since he had nanomachines and it wasn't a problem any more. :P

Which reminds me, I'm past due to practice Jim's chiropractic skills on him again. >:3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I think he didn't have the nanomachines yet during mission 5 and Jim broke Mesk's spine by trying to push the latter through a hole made on a house's wall.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You should really read the mission. His account had a few parts modified for comic effect.))
((If I have time and a link to the first post in the mission, sure.

And you didn't explain the "debilitating weakness to doors," Empiricist.))
Sig

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(I'm pretty sure he did stuff after that though. ??? I could remember things wrong, though. It's usually the case.

@GWG: Ivan, a proto-altered, could not open any doors whatsoever. He couldn't open them normally and he couldn't break them open. This was due to him rolling extremely low every time a door was involved in his action. I think he spent a good portion of the mission working on one door. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

((If I have time and a link to the first post in the mission, sure.

And you didn't explain the "debilitating weakness to doors," Empiricist.))
((Ivan, the resident proto-Altered chitinous monstrosity (that went AWOL shortly afterward) had, on at least two separate occasions that mission, tried to get through simple wooden doors. In at least one case the door wasn't even locked. And he failed every time. Hard. Failed to open, failed to break through, failed to tear down, etc. When he tried to preemptively bypass the door and went through the adjacent wall instead, he would succeed. It's a lot funnier to read in the mission text itself. ^_^

prepost edit: ninja'd))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@GWG: Ivan, a proto-altered, could not open any doors whatsoever. He couldn't open them normally and he couldn't break them open. This was due to him rolling extremely low every time a door was involved in his action. I think he spent a good portion of the mission working on one door. :P
((That's hilariously pathetic.))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 243