Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437100 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: IT BEGINS
« Reply #1260 on: July 18, 2013, 08:47:02 am »

((Been said. You're a bit late.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: May vs Feyri: Bust Wars.
« Reply #1261 on: July 18, 2013, 11:19:25 am »

Enough shaking! Do a polonaise instead with an imaginary partner as I await phrasebook and orders from what may or may not be a fearless leader of some kind.

Also, examine 1/8th kiloton charge. Do I have a remote detonator on it?

The explosive charge doesn't have a detonator, per say, but it can be set to detonate via a radio signal. So you could, theoretically use your suit radio to detonate it. Or just set it on a timer. Your choice really.

And Faith has your phrase book, so hopefully she'll give it to you at some point.

((Son of a...))

Faith glanced down at Grate.

"Don't know when you're patrolling. Yes, you can patrol with Miss Feyri. For now either relax or guard the gate, I would assume. You'll be wearing those weird things to look scary for the locals. If the bad man sets the city on fire we'll have to figure out how to put it out or run. If he did set it on fire, he was probably using a microwave manipulator or microwave amp." She showed him her microwave manipulator. "The manipulators look like this, they can create heat. I think the Messenger is nice, yes. Very patient...

No, we're not here to catch anyone. A lot of angry people are likely to attack or at least try to get into the palace soon, and our job is to scare them away from doing that. We'll have to get kind of creative for that."

Faith sighed. It was nice not having lungs to get tired of talking with, at least...

Examine what the Messenger gave me.

The things the messenger gave you include a phrase book, a map of the township with a patrol route carefully written on it in red marker, and a small bottle of over the counter pain pills.

Examine what the Messenger gave me.
Attempt to examine what the messenger gave her when she pulls it out to do the same, if she is holding it too high for me to see, grab the arm holding it and gently pull it down low enough for me to see... or failing that pull myself UP the arm to where I can see anyway. if the latter option is the one I end up following, sit on her arm after accomplishing this.

((i'm tiny, and Faith IS fully synthflesh now. I probably won't even weigh her down.))
You see what Faith is looking at as well. It all looks fairly benign, the map for the patrol and the phrase book he promised  the dancing man.

"Okay, thanks!"

Head over toward the gate and look out into the city.
You walk down hill and over to the gate, intent on looking out over the township. However, your plans change when you notice May and Xan standing over the body of a freshly killed man on the stairs a few yards away. Skylar is sitting on the top stair of the path down, shaking her head.

"As you may or may not know, there is a chance of civil unrest occurring at this period of time. Needless to say, the Radiant One's palace must be well protected to minimize collateral damage. If possible, we would like to set up a defensive emplacement on the upper, gate-side window of your building and possibly one or two defensive personnel. Would that be acceptable to you? I understand that it is inconvenient to your regular operations but, we need to be able to provide the maximum protection in case of unrest."
Speak. Use charisma!
[speech:3+1+1char]
The man nods.
"Upstairs is just storage anyways. Go ahead."

He walks away from the door and leaves it open for you.

...well, do that again and I burn you. Next one, then.

Walk up to the nearest alive person.

WO IST DER MARKT?
The nearest alive, non-teammate is a woman quite far down the path. She seems to have heard the shot, but hasn't seen where it came from or what happened. You run down the stairs and, perhaps inadvertently, prevent her from discovering the murder by screaming in...german? at her. She seems just as confused as the first guy. Hopefully her head won't explode like his did.

((Just caught up reading this, and I find funny how intuition rolls are so often the greatest hidden enemy of this game. Really, how many accidents were started with bad intuition already? Almost all of them, actually.

On an aside, I really don't understand why you're all (Charles and Feyri) nuursing Grate. Yeah, he's a child. So what? Are you going to be trying to shielf him from all violence for the entirety of the next ten missions?

Finally, that secret conversation that happened between Faith and the Messenger will have to be made public eventually, or it won't be nice at all to people catching up.))
Intuition, team mates, yourself. These are all usually more of a threat then any of the alien berserkers I send your way. Such is life in ER.

...well, do that again and I burn you. Next one, then.

Walk up to the nearest alive person.

WO IST DER MARKT?
(( Stop May? I'm not sure stopping May is possible, at least not without changing her target of these 1-6 combos XD ))

Welp, first blood May, guys. Faith, you want me to try and bring them back, or just not make it worse?

"...It was an accident. I didn't put points into Intuition, I didn't want to, okay? Let's see how you guys roll. Now that would be problematic. And Xan, don't think you're the only one here with magic fire powers, Missy."

Go off to locate the market again. This time with smarts. You know, Intelligence and Logic and all that good ole' buttfuck.
[int:2+1]
Uh...well it's probably somewhere near the center of the town? Maybe? Hm...wonder if you should do something about that body...

A double-tap suicide... why do I get the feeling you'd left less of a mess if you'd used your manipulator?

Renen, I'm going to bring this corpse to the infirmary, watch the gate.

Pick up the corpse and gun, head back to the infirmary and drop it off, leave the gun at the barracks on my way back.
(I probably used the wrong pronoun for you at some point)

"Skylar, professional 'cleaner' coming through."

[str:1-1]
You grab the revolver and stow it before attempting to lift the body up and drag it away. You grab one arm and one leg and pull. You lose your footing on the stairs, slip, and end up falling back and kicking the body away from you as you do. It proceeds to roll down the stairs, picking up speed as it does, until it's bouncing down the stairs, arms and legs twisting, and breaking at odd angles, blood splattering everywhere as it goes; heading straight down toward xan and his new friend.

"Oops."

... Well, poo.

Onward to paperwork, then.

You find a pen and paper and start writing. You just get the wrongful death apology written out when your bureaucrat senses tell you that you're gonna need a "Desecrating the dead" apology too.

"It's just like that time I worked for the Senator. Maybe I should get the 'Assault with a WMD' paperwork started too.."
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 12:04:22 pm by piecewise »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You messed up Kriella's quote a bit.))

Grate stared at the corpse. "AAH! MURDER! AAH!"

Scream bloody murder about the bloody murder as I go to inform Ms. Feyri of the bloody murder.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

((Oh gods. This can only end in revolt.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: May vs Feyri: Bust Wars.
« Reply #1264 on: July 18, 2013, 11:27:05 am »

((Aw thrice /kitten/. Now I've the thread named after me, and its wholly on typo >.>

Requesting change into a lighter..version, please?))

Feyri blinked.

No. DOn't think about that one time. It's all here. All now. You've got a team to lead.
Don't discard what wrong may happen. Fate happens. And you've to deal with it.
But you've years of training behind you. Don't forget that either.
Years in which you could've done something more constructi-

"Everyone, could we form the teams first before we move off into what we all want to do alone, first? THe sooner we get our priorities organized, the sooner we can get this mission done."

She looked at Grate and patted him.

"You're staying with me, as well as Lyra. Also, keep that faceplate up; we don't want anyone knowing your true identity, Grate."

Call everyone to this important meeti-great some have left. Anyway, this is assumed that the message was sent in both wristpad, and vocal announcement.

You forget.
What?
What everyone's doing.
Someone just died.

"And what is going on here?!"

No, really?
It is best to assume the worst when half the team splits up without prior notice.

...You did notice what they said, right?

Thinking here.

((Yeah I'm repeating what Greiger -- General board, Rage thread-- said about saying kittens instead of curse words. Works here.))
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 11:31:27 am by Tiruin »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: July 18, 2013, 11:35:20 am »

Get Revolver, destroy Corpse with the Microwave Field Manipulator.

"NOTHING TO SEE HERE PEOPLE."

((May is Bust Leader. Maybe. Lyra or Simus might be E-cups or something, it was never specified. And what about Faith? It seems like when the doctor is told to make any sort of female body he'll make comically jiggly ass 'n titties. Seems like a reflection into his own sexuality.))

((I actually believe May is the leader in the bust department.

BUST A CAP IN HIM))

(("I PUT A HOLE IN HIM
I PUT A HOLE IN THAT NIGGA
A HOLE IN THAT NIGGA
BUST A HOLE IN THAT NIGGA
BUST A CAP IN THAT NIGGA
NIGGA"

- Jon Jafari))
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 11:37:40 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((..Just to note. No, I'm--Feyri-- not in that kind of competition at all, or would ever be if compared to May.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((..Just to note. No, I'm--Feyri-- not in that kind of competition at all, or would ever be if compared to May.))

((It's just for reference, and how I realized the Doctor seems to build all his female body-works with some form of extreme sex appeal. Not very surprising, but I always assumed he was pretty asexual. Then again, he could just be doing this stuff because he assumes it's how he envisions a perfect female body to be based on whatever observations he's made when society portrays women.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"My identity? Am I like a superhero now?"
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((It's just for reference, and how I realized the Doctor seems to build all his female body-works with some form of extreme sex appeal. Not very surprising, but I always assumed he was pretty asexual. Then again, he could just be doing this stuff because he assumes it's how he envisions a perfect female body to be based on whatever observations he's made when society portrays women.))
((This is very weird, because I'm asexual. Surprising in the way that the assumptions come from a really...tainted point of view on how society portrays women--well, at least in some cultures. It's different where I am, but I fully understand your point though.

...But I'm emphasizing the 'that's a weird way of explaining it.' part. :P

...THough it is canon lore that the Doc uses..err, 'raw materials' for it. Don't want to delve into this OOC at the moment btw.))

"My identity? Am I like a superhero now?"
Feyri glanced away before kneeling and looking at Grate in the eye.

"Grate, you're like one here. You're one of the people the populace look up to in this time of danger, but this isn't like one of the superheroes you hear or watch in the holopads or the galaxy network. Here, people die.

"Anyone can die, even angels like you. What's worse is, we don't know much about how the people here behave or act towards seeing ones they want--ones they hired for protection--it's a culture-thing, my opinion, but I just want you to know this.

"This isn't like any sunday show or bardic treat you hear from your parents. This isn't a story on how the 'good guys always win'. Because there are always casualties in war. I want you to know, before this ever happens, that we're here to fight for what is right. But to also make sure that you don't die fighting in the process."

She smiled. "You're a superhero Grate. You haven't changed despite everything else around you, and you've got a duty to do. Your identity is the most important thing you've got, and you should protect it even if anyone else says it's not."

Not the glamorous speech I hoped for, but its the best I could do on the spot...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know about death. I know about dying. I know I could die. I'm not one of those pampered rich brats. You don't need to tell me this.

"Okay. Thanks."
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Xan looks at the person confusedly.
I was doing the wrong mouth movements, was I not?
Where is the market?

Go where she tells me. If she can't tell me, head for the center of town.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: July 18, 2013, 12:31:25 pm »

((May is Bust Leader. Maybe. Lyra or Simus might be E-cups or something, it was never specified.

((Simus was (keyword, was) quite flat when she arrived. Now she's a robot... nada, nil, nothing, as far as I read it. I think the "feminine" body Jim requested to house my brain is basically a slightly slimmer model of the normal.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Yeaaah, that was going to happen. Oh well, time for more damage control. For some definition of the word 'control' ))

Ugh... Could anyone back at the barracks bring us some cleaning supplies? Or ask if we can get a local viscera cleanup detail out here to the gate?

Move away from the soon to be vaporized corpse and stairs. Return May's gun after she's finished with her manipulator.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: July 18, 2013, 01:21:24 pm »

((May is Bust Leader. Maybe. Lyra or Simus might be E-cups or something, it was never specified. And what about Faith? It seems like when the doctor is told to make any sort of female body he'll make comically jiggly ass 'n titties. Seems like a reflection into his own sexuality.))
((nope. has been specified from character creation, Lyra is pretty much totally flat.))
((to quote my character sheet: quite small in all departments))
walk over towards Feyri when she calls for a meeting and and sit down about 6 feet away, with my knees folded up against my chest. wait.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 243