Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436953 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: TROJAN MAN
« Reply #1560 on: August 05, 2013, 10:38:25 pm »

Oh great who was this person? Argh, memory. Come on..

(( I'm Skylar, currently on gate guard duty with Renen. First time out, and if this becomes a DRN, probably about to manipulate my brains into smoke... unless... *runs back to modify previous post* ))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: August 05, 2013, 10:47:51 pm »

Quote from: Feyri Nirel > Skylar Niabs
Thanks for the update. What's your status and location?
Quote from: PS
DRM?

((Yep, that's just me thinking that out before remembering your name. :p))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: August 05, 2013, 11:01:09 pm »

Quote from: To Feyri
Behind the gate on guard duty, backing up Renen from a ways back.
And Diplomatic Relations Nightmare. It came up at some point. I imagine we'll be seeing many of them.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: August 05, 2013, 11:01:47 pm »

"Um...no...I can't think of anything...Lyra didn't take me out for that long...wait, that came out wrong. It wasn't like a date or anything, Lyra said so!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: August 05, 2013, 11:05:32 pm »

Behind the gate on guard duty, backing up Renen from a ways back.
And Diplomatic Relations Nightmare. It came up at some point. I imagine we'll be seeing many of them.
[/quote]
Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Skylar Niabs
All this can easily be avoided if we thought about our words and just relied on their reaction..Makes easier sense anyway.

Still, who were sent on the patrols? The days are timed differently here, and I'd really prefer to think about alternative entries--there are none at the gate, right?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: August 06, 2013, 12:18:53 am »

ZZZZzzzz
ZZZzzz
ZZzz
Zz
Wake up
"..aid so!"
open my eyes a little, roll slowly over to face the room, and slowly look around the room, not expending any real effort, and my eyes only just barely open. eventually let my eyes settle on the feet of whoever is nearest me.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: August 06, 2013, 12:30:35 am »

Quote from: To Feyri
Indeed. Part of why I'm waiting back here instead of interrogating them. Still, they seem to happen whether or not we decide to *say* something. Almost as if the gods simply deem that we suffer for our crimes. Alas.

Anyway, patrols. I've seen May, Xan, and Harry go out on patrol. You'll have to get them to tell you how far through the patrol they are, I haven't seen them since May shot a guy twice and then tried to claim suicide. Grate and that little woman went out some time later and as you know have already returned. I'm not sure if they patrolled so much as got bored and went for a quick jaunt into the district.

As for alternate entries, I'd assume they are covered by the locals. There aren't any here, this is just a giant wall. I'll check in the morning.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: August 06, 2013, 02:37:41 am »

By Radio: Potential DRN incoming, barracks. 5 men approaching the gate. Renen is moving to question them. Just so you know what's going on when you hear shooting. Feel free to cue the backup now.

Stay on the hill and stand menacingly. Prepare to activate our auto-turret!
"*sigh*...Understood. I'll provide fire support if required..."
Charles walks to his room in the palace. He remotely operates his turret, tracking the furthermost figure.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1568 on: August 06, 2013, 11:08:37 am »

Put Revolver to the man's neck. Threaten to give him an improvised ultra-tracheotomy if he doesn't tell me everything he knows.
[Speech:1]
You lick the man's eyes. What the hell bro, you licked that guy's eyes! Who does that?

The man, apparently deciding to take his chances with the bullets, turns tail and runs down the street.

Continue patrol.

You look back and see what May and stacy are up to.

You wisely decide to just keep walking and completely ignore whatever it is thats happening behind you. It's dark now, and on this path behind the shops, weaving through alleyways, you need to use your lamps just to find your way. You're about halfway through one of these alleys when you come across a group of people. There are somewhere between 8 and 10 of them, all huddled together in the dark. Your lamps stun them for a moment as you sweep them across the group, all of them holding their hands up to their eyes or jerking their head away. In the blinding light of the lamps, you can see things glinting in several of the people's hands.

Hey you, stop right there. Please identify yourselves and say what business you have here.

Tell the group to stop. Ask who they are and what are they doing here.
You walk out in front of the group and gesture for them to stop, your hand hovering near the hilt of your blade. You order them to identify themselves and what they're doing here. They don't seem to understand what you want, but they do stop, looking between each other and you in confusion.

As Stacy dances out of the shop, he is struck by a pang of guilt. That's no way to treat a perfectly fine, law-abiding shopkeeper, no matter what the state of his store and how confusing his language.

Look up something in the book that would fit as a formal apology. If found, dance back into store and apologize. Then leave again, catch up to Xan.
You flip through the book, looking for an appology. You don't find one for your...specific situation, but you find a general one, so you decide to use that. You run back over to the shop keeper, who is sullenly picking up his wares and placing them back on his table.
[speech:6]
You go a bit overboard with the apology, promising him a massive compensatory fund and an audience with the Shining one Himself. You also give him all your spoons. This done, you run to catch up with Xan, but realize you're not sure where he is.

((When did I learn where Lyra was?))

"See? She's here." Grate then hides behind Feyri.
(Feyri's in the barracks building. Lyra had to walk past her to go upstairs to the beds)

By Radio: Potential DRN incoming, barracks. 5 men approaching the gate. Renen is moving to question them. Just so you know what's going on when you hear shooting. Feel free to cue the backup now.

(I don't think that turret responds to your control. I think it's just Empi's toy.)

You do your best superman pose atop the hill, providing emotional and moral support to Renen, who is doing all the actual work.

ZZZZzzzz
ZZZzzz
ZZzz
Zz
Wake up
"..aid so!"
open my eyes a little, roll slowly over to face the room, and slowly look around the room, not expending any real effort, and my eyes only just barely open. eventually let my eyes settle on the feet of whoever is nearest me.
WAKE UP.

It's what you do.

"*sigh*...Understood. I'll provide fire support if required..."
Charles walks to his room in the palace. He remotely operates his turret, tracking the furthermost figure.
You walk back to your room in the barracks building and sit down on one of the cushions, somewhere away from Feyri and her midget squad. You take control of your turret and aim it down at the cluster of men that Renen is talking to.

Remind me, are you using the ClF3 bullets?

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: August 06, 2013, 11:13:42 am »

You wisely decide to just keep walking and completely ignore whatever it is thats happening behind you. It's dark now, and on this path behind the shops, weaving through alleyways, you need to use your lamps just to find your way. You're about halfway through one of these alleys when you come across a group of people. There are somewhere between 8 and 10 of them, all huddled together in the dark. Your lamps stun them for a moment as you sweep them across the group, all of them holding their hands up to their eyes or jerking their head away. In the blinding light of the lamps, you can see things glinting in several of the people's hands.
((Well, that was simple. Now we just have to hope they attack us.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: August 06, 2013, 11:19:36 am »

((Charles has the incendiary rounds with him, the turret is currently loaded with the conventional, full-metal rounds.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: August 06, 2013, 12:40:54 pm »

"Well now, that went rather wonderfully!"

Stacy turns on his radio and tries to reach Xan.

"Magic Man, this is Dancing Twerp. Come in, Magic Man! Relay your location in semi-helpful terms so that we may finish up this patrol thing, like, today and stuff, over!"

Try to locate Xan with available tools, radio first and foremost. If that fails, just continue on the patrol route.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: August 06, 2013, 02:53:53 pm »

Xan switches his radio on.
Here. Path behind shops; in alleyways. I've found a group of people interested in talking. You're better at this than I am at this; why don't you come talk to them?

Lowering the radio, he looks calmly at the group.
Carry on.

Back out of alleyway and go on another route. If they show signs of hostility, incinerate them. If they're hostile, yell to transmit my location to Stacy.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: August 06, 2013, 04:52:16 pm »

Shrug, go and find Xan and Stacy, or anything interesting that comes up.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: August 07, 2013, 12:12:57 am »

(( He'd said at some point to make sure that the rest of the squad could connect to the gun, as I recall. Until he says so / you confirm, I'll behave as if I don't. ))

Consult the phrase book for something to the effect of "Please state your business", head down and say that if the men still look confused and no one has opened fire.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 243