Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436948 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: Ice 9
« Reply #1770 on: August 20, 2013, 02:13:20 pm »

STACY WE NEED YOUR NUKE WE NEED IT NOW

Have someone arm the nuke and chuck it into the cloud.
((How do you plan to throw it? With your hands? Because I can tell you the nuke's blast radius is bigger than throwing distance.))
((Perhaps a kinetic amp could propel it further...))

((i have one of those, iirc.))
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: August 20, 2013, 02:13:54 pm »

((This may, in fact, be the wrongest that a mission might have possibly ever gone. If the nuke doesn't work, somebody should contemplate the possibility of overloading another manipulator by heating the entire black nuke area. Maybe they'll form a nascent sun that'll keep the Ice-9 away.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: August 20, 2013, 02:15:27 pm »

((How do you plan to throw it? With your hands? Because I can tell you the nuke's blast radius is bigger than throwing distance.))

((The question is, would the nuke still work afterwards.))

((This may, in fact, be the wrongest that a mission might have possibly ever gone. If the nuke doesn't work, somebody should contemplate the possibility of overloading another manipulator by heating the entire black nuke area. Maybe they'll form a nascent sun that'll keep the Ice-9 away.))
((So now a Second Sunrise is actually desired? I wonder how long a 30-round magazine of explosives and Clf3 will stall it for. Probably not long.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: August 20, 2013, 02:16:52 pm »

((...Oh. This is what Empiracist was talking about. That...makes sense. Geez.))

Get every person with a heat amp to help me create a shield around our party (which should group together) that will keep temperature normal inside it until the storm subsides.

((This is just about the only time is will fix more than it breaks. DO IT DO IT!))

And your suits do protect you from near absolute zero temperatures, but I don't think they protect you from eldritch ice9.))
((The biggest issue would be moving in the frozen air.))

((Yes, because the best solution is to do the same thing you just did to make the disaster, but backwards.))

"Miss Feyri! Now! NOW! RUN!"
Run. If Tiruin shows up and posts a running-based action, follow Ms. Feyri. If he does but doesn't post a running action, run after as many of the other members of the team as possible. If Tiruin doesn't post, do the same but drag Ms. Feyri along.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: August 20, 2013, 02:18:02 pm »

((Since I have the most skill with amps here then, I'll do the overload. EVERYONE ELSE WITH AN AMP, MAKE THE SHIELD.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: August 20, 2013, 02:18:19 pm »

((The question is, would the nuke still work afterwards.))
((I'm not an expert on this, but is there any chance that the amount of force suddenly applied by the kinetic amp might detonate the nuke?))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: August 20, 2013, 02:19:57 pm »

((Exactly. It may be partially detonated or disabled by the amp hit.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: August 20, 2013, 02:21:01 pm »

((Exactly. It may be partially detonated or disabled by the amp hit.))
((Detonate is different from disable. One kills you, one doesn't.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: August 20, 2013, 02:22:01 pm »

((Since I have the most skill with amps here then, I'll do the overload. EVERYONE ELSE WITH AN AMP, MAKE THE SHIELD.

((Your amp is in your brain. This means that the sun will be centered on your head, if it works at all. This means that you will die, and everybody within a mile radius of you is likely to die as well.))

((I'm not an expert on this, but is there any chance that the amount of force suddenly applied by the kinetic amp might detonate the nuke?))

((I don't think you can detonate a nuke with just an impact. You might damage its detonation mechanism beyond usability with the punch, though.

In addition, some kind fellow could mug Feyri for her MKIII suit, then use it to fly above the Ice-9 and drop the nuke from there - it was (in a slightly different iteration) how I thought I could do an airburst.))
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 02:23:50 pm by Harry Baldman »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: August 20, 2013, 02:23:01 pm »

((Unless it's a fission nuke and has its materials arranged as a hollow sphere in which case deforming it could make it go critical.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: August 20, 2013, 02:24:18 pm »

((Fission? What is this, the 20th century?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: August 20, 2013, 02:27:33 pm »

((And how else would it work? As far as I'm concerned, a nuke works by joining two or more halves or uranium together, at which point it goes boom. You think it works any different in the future?

Pyrodesu would be very helpful here.))

((Your amp is in your brain. This means that the sun will be centered on your head, if it works at all. This means that you will die, and everybody within a mile radius of you is likely to die as well.))
((Isn't that what his character wants?))

In addition, some kind fellow could mug Feyri for her MKIII suit, then use it to fly above the Ice-9 and drop the nuke from there - it was (in a slightly different iteration) how I thought I could do an airburst.))
((That would be the smart way to do it. Oh well.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: August 20, 2013, 02:28:55 pm »

((No, so I should try something else.
Guess we're relying on nukes then.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: August 20, 2013, 02:29:17 pm »

((And how else would it work? As far as I'm concerned, a nuke works by joining two or more halves or uranium together, at which point it goes boom. You think it works any different in the future?
Pyrodesu would be very helpful here.))
((Fusion, perhaps? H-bombs exist now.))
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: August 20, 2013, 02:30:28 pm »

((Do we even know if it would counter that entropy bomb we just set off?))
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 243