Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436966 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: Ice 9
« Reply #1860 on: August 21, 2013, 04:34:57 pm »

Quote from: Xan->Grate
Is she incapacitated?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: August 21, 2013, 04:35:02 pm »

((Why would we want to do that? Sharing important information is a hallmark of an actually competent, functional military force :P))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: August 21, 2013, 04:46:13 pm »

Feyri scoops up both you and grate and immediately takes off, flying toward the upper level of the palace with one of you under each arm. You're passing over the wall to the second level when it happens.
[dex:4+1]
A shard of the super ice, sharp as a spear of glass and several feet long, is arcing down right toward you and Feyri. She can't see it; her back is to the sky and there's no time to warn her. But you can see it. And you have a chance to stop it.
[Exo:2]
But you can't. You can't focus, you can't bring the power your amp to bear. The shard punches straight down; through Feyri's back and out her chest. It clips you as it goes, carving a frozen, blackened gash out of your left arm. 

Feryi's had a hard life in the corps. Her heroism has often been rewarded with nothing but injuries and waking up in the infirmary with more parts missing. She's been shot, broken, electrocuted and decapitated. Her organs are more plastic then flesh and what little of her original muscle remains clings to titanium bones. So when the shard of ice, sharp as a hypodermic needle and long as a fence post, half impales, half freezes it's way straight between her shoulder blades and out through her sternum, taking much of the contents of her thoracic cavity with it, she doesn't flinch. She doesn't even really feel it; there's not enough pain receptors left.

For a moment, she dips down, her flight unsteady. But then she rises again, clears the second level wall and zooms out toward the third. She makes it about half way across the second terrace before she finally falters and dips low, wavering as she flies toward the ground. She pulls back and lands on her feet, jogging to a stop as the momentum of the landing carries her an extra dozen yards. She slowly sets her two small passengers down and looks at them. The eerie colorless glow of the advancing entropy bomb shines through the ragged hole where her chest used to be and strange colored artificial blood and organ fluids pour down her legs and puddle on the ground. She jerkily lifts one arm and pats Grate's head.

"Run." She whispers breathlessly, eyes cloudy and blind behind the visor. "Run. Run. Run"

Her arm falls limp and her head lulls back, looking up at the stars. Her body suddenly tenses up and there's a metallic clink as the her suit's neck iris snaps shut. She doesn't fall. She just stands there, silent.
Eyes wide, teeth clenched, and despite the eerie sense of the entire world moving in slow motion and hyperspeed at the same time, shove Grate ahead, hopefully far enough ahead that he won't see what I'm about to do unless he turns around. followed by Detaching Feyri's already-cut-off head using the suit's quick-release, cradle it against my chest, similar to how someone carries a football, and continue to run away, carrying her head with me. again, use my amp to shield myself and/or anyone near me as necessary.

now is not the time for guilt. now is not the time to mourn. now is not the time for fear. now is the time to act. ACT.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: August 21, 2013, 04:49:44 pm »

((... and apparently i've, through inaction, and despite my best intentions, managed to get Tiruin killed twice in less than a week. (other game)))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: August 21, 2013, 04:51:24 pm »

((We don't 'talk' about the other game. ;)

...Because doing that isn't good unless said game is done. :D))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: August 21, 2013, 04:52:01 pm »

(...Goddamnit. >.<

That's really all there is to say on the matter.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: August 21, 2013, 04:53:58 pm »

((What other game?))
Sig! Onol

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: August 21, 2013, 04:54:22 pm »

((sry))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1868 on: August 21, 2013, 05:02:28 pm »

((Damn. Poor Feyri. Damn.
I hope someone picks up her body too so she doesn't have to go full robot.))

((What other game?))
((Game where you get people killed and don't talk about it... Mafia?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: August 21, 2013, 05:07:14 pm »

((OH I see.))
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: August 21, 2013, 05:58:55 pm »

((Now I'm really intrigued...))

((Damn. Poor Feyri. Damn.
I hope someone picks up her body too so she doesn't have to go full robot.))
((She's with a smallish child who is vaguely aware of the ability of the HMRC to bring back the dead, and Lyra, who is probably even shorter. Maybe if they worked together they could bring Feyri's body back, if it wasn't stuck in her suit. Which is a Mk-III, which I think is basically MI's armor. And if not, someone really needs to explain the suits to me.))

Is she incapacitated?
Quote from: Grate -> Xan
I don't know shes, noLyra just ripped off Miss Feyris head11

"Miss Lyra, what are you doing? Hey, come back!"

Run after Ms. Lyra. Ideally to safety.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 06:30:52 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: August 21, 2013, 06:07:21 pm »

It's fine. If her head survives, she will. Now go! To the palace!
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: August 21, 2013, 06:31:45 pm »

Quote from: Grate -> Xan
Okay...

Make sure Ms. Lyra is running towards the palace. If she is, run towards the palace. If not, grab her or Ms. Feyri's head and run towards the palace.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1873 on: August 21, 2013, 06:35:14 pm »

Spoiler: About:Mk suits (click to show/hide)

Edit: Or, for a more morbid yet practical solution, you could manually activate the rest of the ireses and carry her individual erm... components.

You know what they say: If you have a big problem, divide it to smaller ones.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 06:42:41 pm by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: August 21, 2013, 06:43:00 pm »

((We don't have time for that. And, again, little people. Carrying Feyri would be tough.

Of course...this means she could be a lot like Jim when this is done...))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 243