Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435658 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: Ice 9
« Reply #1950 on: August 23, 2013, 11:23:20 pm »

((Welp. Lost everything.))
((not the most important things. all you've lost is stuff. not your life, your mind/skills, your memories, or your friends.))
((Oh, that everything.
...Does the HMRC include a litigation system where employees can demand at least partial restitution for losses incurred by teammates' stupidity? Whatever they lost in time and paperwork would be regained tenfold by not needing to use so many robo-bodies alone!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: August 23, 2013, 11:35:15 pm »

Get the hell out of dodge.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: August 23, 2013, 11:55:10 pm »

((not the most important things. all you've lost is stuff. not your life, your mind/skills, your memories, or your friends.))

Look around for some protection from flying ice shards and take cover, shielding myself/others if necessary.
Once I'm under shelter, fall onto my knees, leaning forwards while cradleing Feyri's head against my chest, eyes closed, and cry.
if someone tries to apply first aid to my injured left arm, limply offer it to them and let them do their thing. beyond that mostly ignore those around me once I'm under shelter.
((You make me cry sometimes..thanks =)   ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1953 on: August 24, 2013, 01:07:02 pm »

Stacy quietly sings the ode to Sandy as he's being dragged. He's gonna have to get up those stairs, he thinks.

Get dragged/hobble up the stairs and over to the palace entrance. Make sure to watch the skies and warn the guy carrying me of any hostile ice.

As an idea comes to him, Stacy melodically intones at his brave rescuer.

"Good sir, perhaps you'd prefer not to drag me around and instead just let me hobble along with you? If I get speared by ice, you are likely to not survive, either, not with the suit you've got. Not to mention that speed is more important than shielding in this situation, no?"
You and your human crutch catch up with the rest of the team.

(( I'm with Feyri. I think our slim chance of survival just turned into complete and utter doom. ))

...Steve... what was that? Please tell me that wasn't 'the work undone' becoming suddenly and explosively irrelevant... Actually, scratch that, tell me it *was* and then tell us where the shuttle is.

(( Reposting this with my action, since I didn't get a response :P
Note to self, bold chocolate glowy text does not attract PW's attention. Add more bold next time XD ))

White and humanoid... So, either Faith just got violently ejected from the palace, or their sun god just exploded.

Run towards the garden, slowing down a good ways from the white form. Stop approaching when I can identify who it is. (mainly Faith / not Faith)
Check that my scout eye has been well and truly obliterated.

Your scout eye is well and truly fucked.

You run over to where the body fell from the upper levels of the palace. It's starting to get up and you can immediately tell it's not faith. It's a man-or you think it's a man- in massive white ballistic armor- carrying an amp studded club in one hand. The armor on the left side of his chest is partially cracked and smashed.

Considering the way he's lifting his club and charging you; he doesn't seem friendly.

Charles continues running the fuck away way, he cautiously moves to be as far away from the figure as possible while still running away from the expanding field.
You continue up to the palace and hide as far from any possible encroaching terror as possible.

((Are we seeing the humanoid thing?)))

Enter the palace with the rest of the team. Watch out for any movements or anything strange. Get ready to enter BT mode to fight or to evade debris.

Hey everybody, the big mass of cold is coming and something is inside the palace, but we have better chances there. Let's enter the palace and get ready for the fight. Everyone who can fight in the front and the midgets and limbless behind. We better watch out for anything. Can someone look for the white thing that fell out the palace? I think it's Faith or the one we had to protect.

You enter the palace and hang around near the entrance. The place looks like it was quite opulent at one point, but it seems like it's been recently stripped of valuables. You don't see anything particularly dangerous; just a big empty hall, looted by the rich and now sheltering whatever survivors managed to make it up this far.

Look around for some protection from flying ice shards and take cover, shielding myself/others if necessary.
Once I'm under shelter, fall onto my knees, leaning forwards while cradleing Feyri's head against my chest, eyes closed, and cry.
if someone tries to apply first aid to my injured left arm, limply offer it to them and let them do their thing. beyond that mostly ignore those around me once I'm under shelter.
You hide in the palace with Renen and cower in the corner, crying as ice rains down outside.

>Shuttles are enroute to your location. I would recommend Clearing the LZ.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: August 24, 2013, 01:12:13 pm »

Hostile.. definitely a hostile...
Charles deploys his turret and gets behind cover, remotely firing on the figure via wristpad. If the figure attacks his turret, he'll detonate the magazine at close range. He also arms his other magazine. Just in case.
He radios everyone "The turret is set up, you can aim it and fire at him if I'm incapcitated, or if my aim's off you can correct it. If he attacks it, press the detonate button to unload everything into him..."
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 02:14:20 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: August 24, 2013, 01:16:27 pm »

"Glory, glory, hallelujah, his soul goes marching on!"

Clear dat LZ! Or just move away from that dude with the armor. Got no weapons, anyway.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: August 24, 2013, 01:18:16 pm »

"Glory, glory, hallelujah, his soul goes marching on!"

Clear dat LZ! Or just move away from that dude with the armor. Got no weapons, anyway.
((You can help correct Charles's aim since everyone can use his turret via wristpad.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: August 24, 2013, 02:11:37 pm »

fuckfuckfuckfuck HELP, HOSTILE NON-FAITH WHITE THING! SHOOT IT!

Run towards the rest of the team! Try to heat a small sphere centered on the hand holding the club while I run!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: August 24, 2013, 02:43:40 pm »

Tears still running down the sides of my face, look up and back outside.
attempt to re-compose myself and prepare to use my amp on the charging club-wielder

((dynamic bonus is going to be very necessary for Lyra to take the shot. she's only got a +1/3 with amps anyway, she's used it 2-3x in the last few moments, she's not in the best state of mind right now, and there are teammates nearby.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: August 24, 2013, 04:04:14 pm »

[quote Grate -> All]
Where'stheshuttle?WhatshouldIdo?
[/quote]
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: August 24, 2013, 05:47:08 pm »

"Pass me the magic box, magic box-man! I can help you! Totally!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1961 on: August 24, 2013, 06:34:20 pm »

Yeah, give stacy a manipulator

I see no way this can fail

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: August 24, 2013, 06:36:45 pm »

((You know we're screwed when even the GM starts mocking us. I wonder if PW will even roll or just decide "Fuck it, it's your fault for not listening" and drop the worst possible manipulator miss-use result on us...))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1963 on: August 24, 2013, 06:51:06 pm »

((I can't believe we're missing an incredible fight. The albino sexbot with the rage punches of doom versus the Sun and his superbaseballbat wielding bodyguards tanks. That's the stuff great comics are made of.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: August 24, 2013, 06:57:01 pm »

((Wouldn't it be, "Icy no way this can fail?"))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 243