Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436939 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: The Calm before the storm
« Reply #2040 on: September 18, 2013, 09:58:06 pm »

"We're going to check on the connection between the 46th and 47th F-115 OLB arrays on level 106." Simus reads out in a monotone.

"Ah well, that's not far, Just a few levels. They sent three a ya for just that?" He seems confused more then suspicious.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: September 18, 2013, 11:15:34 pm »

"Yeah. It's almost like they're expecting the thing to catch fire any moment now if they don't send enough people to give the place a long, hard look. Either that or they thought we all needed some time with quality company." Milno answers in a joking tone.

Keep going.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2042 on: September 19, 2013, 12:33:29 am »

Milno brushes past the man after giving a quick reply and his team follows. The man doesn't seem overly bothered by this, or if he is, he doesn't show it. He goes right back to his sandwich.

The rest of the jaunt to the box is a simple one; milno leads and simus and faith follow. It's several levels down and a half mile through twisting corridors, concrete crawl ways and shin bruising conduits, but they eventually find the place. Its a strange little room, an alcove with a metal door on it's entrance and nothing inside but the large metal box concealing the main arteries of the base's defense system.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: September 19, 2013, 12:45:55 am »

Milno leaves the box with the bomb inside by the large metal box and turns to his present teammates. "Technical-minded people, now it is your time to shine." the young man says as he gestures towards the little room as if inviting Faith and Simus inside.

Look around and stand guard while the box is .
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: September 19, 2013, 12:57:28 am »

"We going to weld the door first?"

Assess box. If relatively simple (Aux), open it and start disconnecting everything. If requiring a more mechanical touch (Han), leave it for Simus. If neither, just stare at it blankly for the moment.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: September 19, 2013, 06:01:13 am »

We'll weld the room after we've disconnected the junction.

Assist Faith with the disconnections.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: September 19, 2013, 06:15:48 am »

"Technical-minded people, now it is your time to shine."
Back on the ship, Grate has a vague feeling of not being needed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2047 on: September 19, 2013, 08:51:31 am »

[Faith Aux:3+1]
[Simus aux:3]
[Average: 4]

Milno leans on the wall outside the room and keeps watch as Simus and Faith both work on the box together. They manage to unseal it and, after a degree of guess work, figure out how to disconnect  the box from it's dozens of intersecting connections. They quickly go about disconnecting it, uncoupling wires and cables as quickly as possible, trying to bring down the systems all at once, before anyone could realize whats going on. After maybe 30 seconds or so, the box as been completely disconnected.

Nothing much seems to have changed down in the depths of the base; no alarms are sounding, no emergency lights are flashing, no panicked screams are echoing down the halls. Not yet at least. Nothing to do now but assume it worked and get to guarding.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: September 19, 2013, 09:07:11 am »

Milno strides back into the room, takes a gauss pistol from the box and nods to Faith and Simus. "Seems it's time to get to welding. Use your cameyes to check for movement outside as soon as the welding process is finished. I'm sure I won't be able to do it with my eyes and my ears aren't that much more reliable. Then it's a waiting game in which we win if we aren't gunned down before the base's taken."

Time for a high-stakes waiting game.
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: September 19, 2013, 03:45:26 pm »

Faith, go thermal, I'll go X-ray.

Once Faith is out of the junction alcove, weld the room shut from the outside. Swap to X-Ray vision, take a silenced pistol from Faith's box, and scan for any incoming personnel.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 03:57:01 pm by PyroDesu »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: September 19, 2013, 03:52:26 pm »

Milno, the bomb, if you please? Faith, go thermal, I'll go X-ray.
((Milno left the toolbox with the bomb by the large metal box.))
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: September 19, 2013, 03:58:06 pm »

((Whoops, missed that. I only saw the turn saying that Milno just hung out outside while we worked. Turn edited to match.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: September 20, 2013, 06:19:27 am »

((How big is the room with the junction box, by the way? Originally I thought we'd weld it from the inside and wait.))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2053 on: September 20, 2013, 11:02:41 am »

((How big is the room with the junction box, by the way? Originally I thought we'd weld it from the inside and wait.))
It's about the size of a handicap toilet stall or an office cubicle, so big enough for you all to fit inside, but not exactly spacious.

Faith, go thermal, I'll go X-ray.

Once Faith is out of the junction alcove, weld the room shut from the outside. Swap to X-Ray vision, take a silenced pistol from Faith's box, and scan for any incoming personnel.
[Aux:1]
[Spine reroll:4]
Simus pulls the microweld system - a tiny, highly compressed tank of fuel attached to a folding welding torch- out of the tool box and begins sealing the metal shutter-door that protects the box. Her weld is far from pretty, but it is effective.

Once Simus is done with her work, She and faith spread out and stare down opposite sides of the hall, while milno stands in the middle. For several minutes, nothing happens; x-ray and thermal cams prove fairly useless when there are great slabs of concrete blocking this hallway off from any other. In fact, what tips them off that someone is coming is the sound of them climbing the metal ladder that leads to the hallway they're guarding.

Judging by the sounds, whoever is coming is alone and maybe 30 seconds away from rounding the corner and bumping into Joker team.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: September 20, 2013, 11:25:31 am »

Quietly to the others:

Incoming, 30 seconds. They're alone, probably a technician. Holster your arms, we can probably bluff this long enough to surround them.

Hide the silenced pistol under the work clothes, await arrival.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 243