Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435668 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: The Calm before the storm
« Reply #2070 on: September 21, 2013, 08:32:44 pm »

((Never said it had to be this turn.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: September 21, 2013, 08:49:57 pm »

((Never said it had to be this turn.))

((Yeah, and I said I'd rather wait for the next turn to take decisions.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2072 on: September 21, 2013, 09:07:56 pm »

((And now that you've decided on your approach for this turn, I can finally tell you what I would have done: Tell the guy something along the lines of "Hey, come take a look at this! Someone has sealed that door. Any idea why would anyone do that?" which has three advantages: it makes him come to you, it makes him look away from you, it requires much less talking which means much less chances to slip up and say something that will blow your cover or make hims suspicious and it may provide you with knowledge of what the base personnel know or might be thinking/suspecting right now.

Then again, if you did that, we wouldn't have this beautiful RP regarding Milno's ability to get to Faith's and Simus' pants and synthetic ladyparts. Let's hope the Armory Master doesn't get jealous...

Speaking of the Armory Master, the revelation about what happens when you decide to leave the HMRC after you've completed ten missions really puts her interest in Milno staying with the HMRC into new light. She wasn't trying to keep him close to her (only) for her own selfish reasons. She was (also) trying to save his life.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: September 21, 2013, 09:22:51 pm »

((And now that you've decided on your approach for this turn, I can finally tell you what I would have done: Tell the guy something along the lines of "Hey, come take a look at this! Someone has sealed that door. Any idea why would anyone do that?" which has three advantages: it makes him come to you, it makes him look away from you, it requires much less talking which means much less chances to slip up and say something that will blow your cover or make hims suspicious and it may provide you with knowledge of what the base personnel know or might be thinking/suspecting right now.

Then again, if you did that, we wouldn't have this beautiful RP regarding Milno's ability to get to Faith's and Simus' pants and synthetic ladyparts. Let's hope the Armory Master doesn't get jealous...

Speaking of the Armory Master, the revelation about what happens when you decide to leave the HMRC after you've completed ten missions really puts her interest in Milno staying with the HMRC into new light. She wasn't trying to keep him close to her (only) for her own selfish reasons. She was (also) trying to save his life.))
((Keep in mind that Steve said that he had let a lot of surviving inmates join his crew...))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: September 21, 2013, 09:33:20 pm »

((@Paris: I think idle banter has a bigger chance of sounding more authentic, hence all the useless talk. That also has the advantage of possibly getting the guy's mind off the main problem here. You have to admit he may be dying to know how one gets into Faith the Sexbot's pants.

And yeah, a few days ago while searching for Milno's items and stuff, I checked that talk he had with the AM a while back, when Milno said he didn't know what to do and hadn't anywhere to go after the 10-mission mark and her response was smiling for a moment before making a face and saying there would always be use for his talents. Then after one more exchange she said she'd take care of him when he was done with the missions.

For a moment I thought she was having an episode of maternal instinct, but the revelation made things clearer.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: September 21, 2013, 09:54:30 pm »

((As someone not currently caught up with the thread, could I recommend differentiating the titles into something more than "Mission 11: Title A" and "Mission 11: Title B" and "Mission 11: Title C"? First of all this is mission 12, but even if you could it as 11, you can still separate the stealth and brute missions as 11 and 12. (Since stealth is first, and brute is second). And then the ship thread should have something like "Mission Defend the Ship". Mind you, I have no idea what the team is doing right now.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: September 21, 2013, 10:58:29 pm »

((And now that you've decided on your approach for this turn, I can finally tell you what I would have done: Tell the guy something along the lines of "Hey, come take a look at this! Someone has sealed that door. Any idea why would anyone do that?" which has three advantages: it makes him come to you, it makes him look away from you, it requires much less talking which means much less chances to slip up and say something that will blow your cover or make hims suspicious and it may provide you with knowledge of what the base personnel know or might be thinking/suspecting right now.))

((That actually was somewhat my intention, but then Cael happened and I ran with it.))
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 11:13:39 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: September 22, 2013, 06:59:09 am »

((Sorry for dropping out again.))

"Pardon me for trying to act a bit like a human," Faith all but sneered at Simus. She turned her attention to the technician.

"But, what did you need your radio for, anyway?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: September 22, 2013, 11:06:57 pm »

((Then again, if you did that, we wouldn't have this beautiful RP regarding Milno's ability to get to Faith's and Simus' pants and synthetic ladyparts. Let's hope the Armory Master doesn't get jealous...))

((I am SOOO glad I checked up on this thread when I did :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: September 23, 2013, 12:16:54 am »

((Oh dear goodness.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2080 on: September 23, 2013, 09:37:30 am »

The man listens to the whole exchange with a mildly amused grin.

"I just need it to call in that my work is done." he replies to faith, with a shrug. "I guess I could go see the foreman, but he's far topside and I don't feel like climbing 50 stories."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: September 24, 2013, 12:54:29 am »

((Now what?

First thought is to suggest he just slack off, since if both our radios are out it's probably not an issue on his end and thus not his fault.

Trouble is, the place he'd most want to slack off is right in front of us, where he's likely to notice Simus isn't actually working very hard on opening that door.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: September 24, 2013, 01:07:21 am »

((She could be. Make an effort, but only insofar as opening the door without tearing it down goes. You don't, technically, have a welding kit on you - the micro-welder is hidden. So work on it, make agonizingly slow progress.

Worst that happens is you'll actually succeed in unsealing the door, at which point you use the scene of the dismantled coupling to draw the guy's attention, then clock him out, tie him up, and seal him back in, sans tools.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2083 on: September 24, 2013, 09:57:42 am »

And then Milno, faith and Simus stood around in awkward silence while the man stared at them, clearly mildly confused by their lack of reaction.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: September 24, 2013, 10:06:47 am »

((Sorry, I didn't even notice the update. The thread probably got pushed to the second page and I spent yesterday wondering why there were no updates. Posting, hopefully soon.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 243