Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437104 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: The Calm before the storm
« Reply #2205 on: October 18, 2013, 07:15:51 am »

Quote from: Milno to Steve
Well, there are some infrareds here. How likely it is common workers would use this route?

Send message. If to keep an aspect of normality we need to undo what we did to the conveyor robots before moving on, then have Faith do it (preferentially with Simus help if that action happens to be needed).
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2206 on: October 18, 2013, 11:20:53 am »

Quote from: Simus > Steve
Steve, is this access ladder used often by maintenance workers? Because if so, then this IR net that's in it shouldn't be too much of an issue, since our cover is intact. If not, are there any alternative routes, apart from through the reactor?

((I have an idea that we could cut out of the laddershaft under it, cut back in above it, and climb around, but that's not an easy thing to do, especially when there's at least one person who might actually permadie if they fell.))

>Problem is that the IR lasers aren't gonna distinguish of you have a uniform on. They're just movement sensors. And since they're wireless they could be attached to anything anywhere. Could be that they're just an early warning system for someone up there, could be a 10 pound claymore pointed straight down the shaft, waiting for someone to trigger it. The ones Jim's crew came across weren't bobby trapped, but it's dangerous to assume they'll all be like that.

As per alternates, they do exist. There are dozens of ways up, these are just the fastest and most direct.

Quote from: Milno to Steve
Well, there are some infrareds here. How likely it is common workers would use this route?

Send message. If to keep an aspect of normality we need to undo what we did to the conveyor robots before moving on, then have Faith do it (preferentially with Simus help if that action happens to be needed).
>They would use it, it's a major passage for getting from one level to another, but, like I told simus, the IR lasers are just sensors. It will serve to stop someone from shooting you, if those sensors are just warning them about your presence. But if they're rigged to explosives or something, thats a different story. Shrapnel doesn't care about your coveralls.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: October 18, 2013, 12:34:40 pm »

I would bet that, if these were set by the Shadow Walker or their Executors, that the other ways up are similarly alarmed. Milno, if we detour or not is up to you.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:58:25 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: October 19, 2013, 09:30:48 pm »

((Sorry about my disappearance and I'd like to say any rumors about my death have been greatly exaggerated. I went neck-deep into studies these last days to get through two difficult tests; took two days off work, studied a lot, the whole thing. To anyone curious, I passed with flying colors and I'll get a post in after a while. I still have other tests to deal with, but they are much less complicated than those last two.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: October 20, 2013, 02:36:00 am »

((Well done and congratulations. Exams are a bitch, and you passed.))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: October 21, 2013, 12:07:30 am »

"Let's get those barriers up and check our options. If that path also looks strange, we'll be better off taking one of the longer paths. Before that: Steve, nearest options?"

Detour, check for options.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 01:36:19 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: October 21, 2013, 12:56:40 am »

Why exactly would we want to mess with the reactor pit yet? That was simply a means of getting here from where we were. Doesn't mean that there aren't other routes we can take up without going through it. Going through will also generate another logged occurrence, mind.

((That is, unless my mental map of the facility is inaccurate. I thought that getting here, from where we were (the corridor between the reactor pit and conveyor), it was the reactor or the conveyor, or we might have been able to go around (very time-consuming). Thus, there are other ways away from this ladder up.

If that's wrong, then that's me having to make up a mental map in substitute for an official one that we can all follow along with.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: October 21, 2013, 01:26:42 am »

((Actually, I think these stairs are part of the "conveyor path". The "reactor path" doesn't use those stairs, from what I gathered.

I'll still edit my action to check for options.))
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: October 21, 2013, 01:34:43 am »

((Actually, I think these stairs are part of the "conveyor path". The "reactor path" doesn't use those stairs, from what I gathered.

I'll still edit my action to check for options.))

((The act of raising the barriers will be logged, fair warning - I don't think we should be messing with the reactor pit at all, yet.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: October 21, 2013, 01:38:39 am »

((And your messing with the robots didn't?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: October 21, 2013, 01:45:29 am »

((I took it as granted that halting the robots and doing what we just did was also logged, so I hardly see a problem. The conveyor and the reactor paths are the shortest ones to our objective and consequently the best ones unless piecewise allows us to use our time wallowing in inactivity to grant us a headstart to the longer ones.))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2216 on: October 21, 2013, 10:23:46 am »

"Let's get those barriers up and check our options. If that path also looks strange, we'll be better off taking one of the longer paths. Before that: Steve, nearest options?"

Detour, check for options.

>There are two that are about the same distance away. One is internal, the other is basically just leaving the maintained halls and heading upstairs via a normal stairwell. The internal one  is a maintenance lift near the other side of the building.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: October 21, 2013, 10:39:16 am »

"Which one is the least likely to be trapped and were any of them damaged?"

Ask away, take safer path.
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2218 on: October 21, 2013, 11:40:45 am »

"Which one is the least likely to be trapped and were any of them damaged?"

Ask away, take safer path.
>Well, I can't tell you if it was damaged, but the service lift is on the side of the building where your teammates just detonated a nuclear bomb. And the stairs will require you to leave the relative safety of the maintenance halls, so who knows what could be happening. [/color]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: October 21, 2013, 12:48:01 pm »

>Well, I can't tell you if it was damaged, but the service lift is on the side of the building where your teammates just detonated a nuclear bomb. And the stairs will require you to leave the relative safety of the maintenance halls, so who knows what could be happening. [/color]
((Steve doesn't sound so good today. Does he have a virus?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 243