Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435729 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: You Need the Red Keycard
« Reply #2250 on: October 29, 2013, 11:29:05 am »

"I did not hope for much when we began heading here, but then again things are never too easy." he replies to Simus before walking off towards the nearest place that appears to be a good place for killers to hide in, Zombie Faith in tow. "At any rate, hold for a while and let's search this place. We wouldn't want to be caught in the middle of combat, would we?"

Search the place and all its hiding spots.
Private comms, not aloud: I wouldn't hide up here, it's too exposed. An enemy with air superiority would have little trouble locating me and assaulting me. Instead, I would be inside, close to but not in the control room, such that I could tap into their feeds and oversee my own equipment without being in an obvious position. Or, at the very least, keep such a location available in case the control room is assaulted.

Sweep the roof towards the control center, keeping a cautious, multi-filtered eye out.
You both see something streaking across the sky toward the control room in the distance, a tiny point of fire. Hmm.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: October 29, 2013, 12:28:08 pm »

Private to Steve and whoever may hear in the HMRC channel (up to GM's decision): "Point of fire streaking across the sky towards the control room."

Warnings off, keep searching the roof until it's clear. Visually check for the origin of the tiny point of fire, using Faith's cameyes as well to do it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 12:30:18 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: October 29, 2013, 03:32:42 pm »

Look around (with Milno puppeteering Faith to assist) for the source of the fire. Whatever launched it should still be hot.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: October 29, 2013, 03:50:32 pm »

((Yeah, figured the trail of rocket exhaust will probably give away the source to someone with cameyes.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: October 29, 2013, 05:43:12 pm »

((Yeah, figured the trail of rocket exhaust will probably give away the source to someone with cameyes.))

((Apart from any maneuvering rockets, that ain't exhaust. That's a plasma sheath. The LESHO isn't rocket-assisted, just a railgun.

And yeah, the heat from the air should trace a pretty path to our infrared vision, and the LESHO rifle itself should be glowing pretty brightly.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: October 29, 2013, 06:31:49 pm »

((Apart from any maneuvering rockets, that ain't exhaust. That's a plasma sheath. The LESHO isn't rocket-assisted, just a railgun.

And yeah, the heat from the air should trace a pretty path to our infrared vision, and the LESHO rifle itself should be glowing pretty brightly.))

((You guys better find him fast, cause even if we survive this blast, if he's allowed to start spamming mininukes at us... Yeah.
Please go kill em for us, mkay?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: October 29, 2013, 06:38:00 pm »

((You guys better find him fast, cause even if we survive this blast, if he's allowed to start spamming mininukes at us... Yeah.
Please go kill em for us, mkay?))

((Even with cloaking, he's given us a good area to look in. If we find him, then he's getting shot. Most likely multiple times.))
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 07:26:38 pm by PyroDesu »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: October 29, 2013, 07:42:27 pm »

((LESHO rifles are single shot, he has to aim at least decently, and he also presumably has to let the rails cool a bit, so he isn't going to spam them, at least not yet. One is sufficent for the job, so until you survive that shot, he won't fire another. Hopefully.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: October 29, 2013, 08:09:17 pm »

((And that's if he's even firing nuclear-tipped shells. Could be he's using something else. I wouldn't be surprised if he were firing solid slugs - to both limit collateral damage (the nuclear-tipped are freaking quarter-kiloton), and for effect - a solid slug would still inflict tremendous damage. Depending on how fast that rifle gets the slug going, we could be looking at equivalent weight of TNT on impact.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: October 29, 2013, 08:15:05 pm »

((Why is TNT the standard of measurement, anyways?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: October 29, 2013, 08:31:47 pm »

((Because, besides gunpowder, it's been around the longest, and is the most widely known? Someone says TNT, you think a red cylinder with a fuse.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: October 29, 2013, 08:39:22 pm »

((Originally, to give a good comparison of conventional explosives to nuclear explosives. Also, 1 gram of TNT got standardized as releasing 4184J - conveniently, exactly one kilocalorie.

Also, am I the only one concerned about Milno's safety, if it does turn out to be nuclear? Seriously, that's a quarter-kiloton detonating not too far from us. We would have blast over-pressures of 1 psi up to about half a mile away. That's damage to light structures. Milno is still mostly fleshy, and is unarmored.))
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 08:49:38 pm by PyroDesu »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: October 29, 2013, 08:55:16 pm »

Also, 1 gram of TNT got standardized as releasing 4184J - conveniently, exactly one kilocalorie.
((Okay, that's a pretty good reason.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: October 29, 2013, 10:51:57 pm »

((Apart from any maneuvering rockets, that ain't exhaust.))

((I was actually thinking about the maneuvering rockets, so no worries. To be fair, I also know the rockets probably aren't going off all the time, but I wouldn't be surprised if they fired now and then.))
>Yes?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: October 29, 2013, 11:21:01 pm »

((No, they are going off all the time. Remember the hover drone video, where the drone hovered by firing rocket motors rapidly to stay in position? It's like that, but on a ballistic trajectory towards you.))
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 243